Clutch pedal extension

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'm now considering this for my car. ACCELATEC PCS68 Mustang Clutch Pedal Extension 1994-2021| CJ Pony Parts I'm 5' 4", short legs, and if I adjust the seat for comfortable reach on gas and brake, I'm stretching my left leg to fully depress the clutch. And it causes jerky clutch release. And vice versa, if I adjust to reach the clutch, I'm too close to steering wheel, and the brake, causing jerky braking.
Am I crazy, or is this a problem for us short drivers?
Sponsored

Jennings1066

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost 6m pp
Sometimes you need a little more on the clutch peddle. Im tall and i use an extention on the clutch peddle for it to feel just right for where i want my seat. Just get a quality one. Dont want a cheap one to snap while driving.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
They’re fairly common. The previous owner of my car had one put on. I didn’t need it so I removed it but it was basically a clam shell type design where it bolted together over the original pedal. And the rubber cover comes off the original pedal and onto the extension

pillbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350
People of all shapes and sizes could make use of the extension. I just placed an order for mine today.

OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
People of all shapes and sizes could make use of the extension. I just placed an order for mine today.
Which one did you get? I was wondering if the plastic ones(CJ Pony) would hold up, or if I should spend more for the aluminum one(American Muscle)?

Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
If you have a 2015-18, then you may want to replace the dual clutch springs. It is non-linear and can make it feel jerky when releasing the clutch. Remove or go with a single spring from Steeda or others.

wolf_79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Which one did you get? I was wondering if the plastic ones(CJ Pony) would hold up, or if I should spend more for the aluminum one(American Muscle)?
Make sure you read the description for the American Muscle, if its the one I bought its made from plastic. They call it "Billet" but its plastic. I didn't read the description and I thought I was getting an aluminum one.

The plastic should hold up, however, the fitment sucks. Its very loose and wobbles around.

Also, I am 5'5' and made a world of difference.

OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Make sure you read the description for the American Muscle, if its the one I bought its made from plastic. They call it "Billet" but its plastic. I didn't read the description and I thought I was getting an aluminum one.

The plastic should hold up, however, the fitment sucks. Its very loose and wobbles around.

Also, I am 5'5' and made a world of difference.
What car, and year?

In reading the reviews of both on AM, it seems people had more problems with the aluminum one, not fitting properly. They say the machining was not correct, and many had to grind down the clutch pedal to make it fit. Not what I want to do. And most problems of either not fitting right, were generally on older cars.
I'm leaning to the one from CJ Pony. If it's loose, I read how people used either silicone sealer, or heat shrink tubing to fill the space where the pedal fits into.

wolf_79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
What car, and year?

In reading the reviews of both on AM, it seems people had more problems with the aluminum one, not fitting properly. They say the machining was not correct, and many had to grind down the clutch pedal to make it fit. Not what I want to do. And most problems of either not fitting right, were generally on older cars.
I'm leaning to the one from CJ Pony. If it's loose, I read how people used either silicone sealer, or heat shrink tubing to fill the space where the pedal fits into.

I have a 2016 GT. And I may have gotten a bad part, but it is very loose.

KENS550TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 350 / '22 Bronco
Put one on my '15 and '16 GT and now on my '19 GT 350. I went with the billet one from AM on all 3. I'm 5'11" and wanted to keep my seat further back to save the bolster on my seat. Getting old and my butt keeps rubbing it. The fit is excellent not loose at all. The hard part was getting down there to put it on.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Spend more on the metal version. I don't know if it was available when I purchased the ABS version a couple years ago, but a member mentioned it gets loose over time. Lo and behold, it got loose over time and I immediately junked it in favor of the new metal one.

pillbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the plastic one from CJ. If it gets loose overtime I'll have to get the aluminum one from AM like the others. Fingers crossed...

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I had the plastic one on my ‘17 GT, it was very helpful. It did get loose after a few days. I wrapped the pedal with electrical tape and then reinstalled the extender. It didn’t come loose again.

On my ‘19 Bullitt I feel ok without it, despite being only around 5’4” in height.

OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
All who bought the metal one from AM, did it fit properly over the clutch pedal, and ever
loosen?

pillbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All who bought the metal one from AM, did it fit properly over the clutch pedal, and ever
loosen?
Hey Bob,

I actually ended up cancelling my order with CJ Pony and purchased the metal one from AM. Had it installed three days ago and have driven the car twice since. This thing makes a huge difference in driving position for me. My arm isn't hitting the seat bolster anymore while turning!

It fits very well over the clutch pedal. With the two hex screws tightened, the whole assembly is very solid. The only issue I had was re-installing the pedal cover. The rubber was quite hard so I soaked it in hot water while kneading it to soften it up. Even after doing that, it still took a bit of patience.
Sponsored