Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Have mine, but not installed yet. Just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit, to make it easier to remove and install. I do plan to use a hair dryer to make removal and installation easier.
But I'm also waiting until after I do the GT350 Tack Attack next month. I figure I'll have to drive their cars with the clutch pedal as is, and I want to become as familiar with the pedal as is for when I go there. But after that, I'll install it.
Sponsored

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I'm 5'11'' and have zero reach issues the wheel is all the way in. Recaro is about mid adjustment and drive it with slip on vans

OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
So, I finally got around to installing the aluminum one I bought from American Muscle. I wanted to wait until after I did the GT 350 Track Attack, as their cars do not have one obviously. And I wanted to get used to the clutch as is before hand.
Today temps were almost 90, and so the inside of the car was nice and hot, and so the pedal cover was quite pliable. It came off the pedal very easily. And I installed it using the clamshell method. Again, because the cover was so pliable, everything installed like a breeze. Took about 5 minutes. And the two pieces fit very snug over the pedal already. And once the screws were tightened, it was a solid fit with no movement at all.
Took me a few moments to get readjusted with the new pedal height. And a few seat adjustments, moving the seat further back. But in the end, it was great to be able to adjust the seat where my brake/gas pedals were correct, and I was able to reach the clutch without using my toes to reach it.
Highly recommend it to anyone who is short, or who likes to sit with the seat further back.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up having to put a piece of foam rubber in between the pedal and extension to get it to fit tight.
Sponsored