Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the new Steeda closed CAI?

Steeda 555 3220

I've been waiting for them to release this for a while. Looks like they might've just gone with a new lid for the factory box with larger MAF diameter?
Sponsored

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Is this the new Steeda closed CAI?

Steeda 555 3220

I've been waiting for them to release this for a while. Looks like they might've just gone with a new lid for the factory box with larger MAF diameter?
Awesome design! Great to see a company actually build upon the factory system AND keep it a real "cold air intake".

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Oiled drop in. Connect to factory ram air duct. Larger mass air somewhere between 121-130mm depending on source quoted. First teaser vid dropped back in like March. Have been told it's coming for quite some time and now that its finally out it's not fully available apparently a wait list. But more air and lower advertised IAT'S than I see with the stock sealed box would be worth trying it if can ever actually order it :)

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
The only things I don't like about this, is the cost and the fact that it uses the stock bottom air box section. Those of us with other CAI systems will have to reinstall the stock stuff. You would think it would be cheaper than the SCT, given that you are essentially getting less parts.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
If there was really that much more power to be gained with an larger diameter intake tube you have to ask yourself why has it taken them over 12 mos to get it to market...? Stock works great 4 free.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I actually know why it took so long to come to market, and it had to do with the company that does the plastic moulding -- it was a relentless and frankly a bit too time consuming effort so that what you buy matches Steeda's design parameters and quality requirements. The 3D printed prototype proved itself already on the Steeda 2018 drag car.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
^ I was going to say the delay was (and almost always) in production. not development. :like:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Looks like a great design in terms of a closed box and larger MAF, but it seems it uses the same exact size panel filter as the stock airbox. I imagine that that filter size was designed to match the rest of the system in terms of flow, but now the rest of the system is much larger (almost 50% larger) yet the filter remains the same size. I wonder if this will pose any flow issues vs. a nice big cone filter.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
The only things I don't like about this, is the cost and the fact that it uses the stock bottom air box section. Those of us with other CAI systems will have to reinstall the stock stuff. You would think it would be cheaper than the SCT, given that you are essentially getting less parts.
Very good point, you're getting half the parts but the price is the same? So if they replaced the entire stock box would this cost 500 or 600? Doubtful...

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I saw it at mustang week, looks great, oem like.

bloody.mstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red (EU Spec)
Same power like a cone filter (30HP); worse sound then cone filter (or non like stock); better temperatures; closed box design...

am I getting it right?

I thought they will introduce a product with a bigger diffrence. Please correct me if I am wrong

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like it, just wish it wasn’t so $$$. Coming from a major manucturing environment I can tell you guys the piece price on one of these is less than $5 even at only 1000/yr. They must’ve gone through hell getting the tooling right and have to pass it on to their customers.

Fleco17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josr
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
So my question is is it worth purchasing if you have the open CAI kit from steeda? Cooler air plus out of water getting in would be a +.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I'm a bit disappointed. I've been waiting on this since their announcement in March. The main reason I was holding out for it was the fact they said it was going to be 50 state legal. It's not. I'm in SoCal and thought this was going to be a good answer to what I need. I guess not......

Also, looking at the dyno graph it's clearly a 2018. The power doesn't nose dive after 6500 RPM's.
Sponsored