Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, still several weeks out but it appears it is going to be a reality :)

TJ

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I will buy when they have a full molded box option and clean MAF signals. Too many reports on facebook about erratic idle and clips not fitting. You can't address the complaints by just telling people that some are having no issues. It's clear that many are having issues.

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I will buy when they have a full molded box option and clean MAF signals. Too many reports on facebook about erratic idle and clips not fitting. You can't address the complaints by just telling people that some are having no issues. It's clear that many are having issues.

Steedas claim to is just push the middle of the clips to bend them while trying to snap them down. I tried everything and couldn't get the lid to seal at all due to the filter, i just dont understand whats so difficult about manufacturing the box to have a shorter lip so the clips properly snap on? Regardless it sounds like the MAF signal will still be a problem so i will be staying with the stock box and a drop in filter. Car doesnt seem to be held back anyway.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Other than having to get a little gully with the clips, I have not had any issues with my early run box. Lund looked at my logs and said the MAF's were not all that concerning. Least on my particular car. That was insert out.

@SteedaTech ... will the revised unit have any benefit for a 93 Oct tune?

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Other than having to get a little gully with the clips, I have not had any issues with my early run box. Lund looked at my logs and said the MAF's were not all that concerning. Least on my particular car. That was insert out.

@SteedaTech ... will the revised unit have any benefit for a 93 Oct tune?
Straight 93 should be fine really it came into play with those attempting to run flex tunes.

Would be curious on a response of the benefits of going from v1 to v2 on 93.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Straight 93 should be fine really it came into play with those attempting to run flex tunes.

Would be curious on a response of the benefits of going from v1 to v2 on 93.
You know I know this mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn LOL

And yes, I am wondering for the 93 people..

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The gen 1 version of this intake definitely has issues. When i was getting my car tuned the there were idle and rev hang issues, and this was with the insert. Ended up going with the Airad. Keeps the heat out just as good if not better than the stock box plus the filter has a velocity stack for better airflow. Not as big maf diameter but it is larger than stock. And it works with flex fuel tunes

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda now has four tune calibrations for our closed air box applications. Currently, we have no high idle issues or hang ups. Furthermore, the idle is very stable with our tunes.
Again, we do not recommend this for flex fuel applications at this time. Customers are recognizing the benefits of cooler air intake temps and the ram air volume effect of this kit at speed!
If Speed Matters this is your Cold Air intake!
Steeda Tech

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Steeda now has four tune calibrations for our closed air box applications. Currently, we have no high idle issues or hang ups. Furthermore, the idle is very stable with our tunes.
Again, we do not recommend this for flex fuel applications at this time. Customers are recognizing the benefits of cooler air intake temps and the ram air volume effect of this kit at speed!
Steeda Tech

How about dyno and drag strip testing

Sponsored

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
Steeda Tech
Not trying to be a pest but when you're marketing ram air volume effects and cooler temps, these simply are not things offered by the lid over the OEM intake. More airflow possibly in the MAF housing/lid area yes but seems misleading. Maybe adjust to those claims in comparison to other aftermarket open air intakes?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
if they before race it, then install and dyno it the same day we would see results
The big companies could do that, but they dont

Imo, wanna sell a product...
Then prove it works...

Put it on a stock 19 and get to testing

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
if they before race it, then install and dyno it the same day we would see results
The big companies could do that, but they dont

Imo, wanna sell a product...
Then prove it works...

Put it on a stock 19 and get to testing
Agreed and include the MAF scaling curves with/without inserts etc to compare to stock data to support driveability and lack of issues. This, along with dynos from a third party would be good to see (both with tunes, only mod difference being the lid to isolate gains due to this part).

Hayson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hassaan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Steeda Tech

Hello, has the revised closed box intake been released? I am interested in running a flex tune and also not have the issues that people are describing here.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Hello, has the revised closed box intake been released? I am interested in running a flex tune and also not have the issues that people are describing here.
The revised one was still not meant for use with a flex tune.
Sponsored