Sponsored

STEEDA- CLOSED BOX CAI

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
With it being the hottest part of the year, alot of you guys are questioning if your CAI is a true COLD AIR INTAKE. If that is a question you have pondered upon, then look no further.

Our closed box CAI is a true CAI. It has proven to provide the coldest intake temps on the market PERIODTTT. Not only is it the coldest, it has allowed us to achieve the highest trap speed for any NA S550.

Contact me today for any further questions and/or are ready to purchase! 954-247-2444
IMG_9888.JPG
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Is this the new revision?
Doesn't look like it is. The MAF is still in the same location unless in that picture the blue piece is where the new MAF location will be?

OP
OP
Jigar@Steeda

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Nice looking box! On the site it claims 25-30hp gains, but a tune is required. Is that 25-30hp on top of a tune, or including it? If I already have a tune, what kind of gains will I see by adding this CAI?
That's the gains we saw with a completely stock vehicle adding the cai with a tune.

Sponsored

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
With it being the hottest part of the year, alot of you guys are questioning if your CAI is a true COLD AIR INTAKE. If that is a question you have pondered upon, then look no further.

Our closed box CAI is a true CAI. It has proven to provide the coldest intake temps on the market PERIODTTT. Not only is it the coldest, it has allowed us to achieve the highest trap speed for any NA S550.

Contact me today for any further questions and/or are ready to purchase! 954-247-2444
A few questions,

First up i have a 2018 gt, i purchased a steeda pro flow sealed box about a month or so ago and when i went to install it there were a few issues. The box lid itself that was sent had quality control issues where the sealant that was used to seal the gaps of the box had many threads of dried sealant hanging loose and one section was already hanging off, i went to give it a pull and the entire 2 foot bead of sealant came out, had some sort of oil residue on it that looks like it interrupted the bonding process. Secondly the lid would simply not close, the factory box clips could not reach the top of the steeda box, after some messing around the provided air filter looked to be at fault, with the clips sealing with the filter removed. I ordered a few other filters, and finally found a dry flow filter (the AEM one) that fits the stock box perfectly. However i returned the steeda due to the quality control issues with the sealant and the fitment problems. Since this time ive heard of another individual having the same fitment issues, minus the sealant. They also returned it. I do not want to run a JLT oor a PMAS, in FL IAT is a concern no matter how much people seem to argue against it, 140 degrees IAT in a staging lane cant be good for the 60' of your pass. So i kept coming back to the steeda but now i see that theres an issue with the CAI and the lund flex tune and in another thread people have returned the steeda due to flex tune having an erratic idle due to MAF placement. The issue is solved mostly on E85R tunes but for those of us who prefer flex, we are left with the hot air intakes or stock box. Currently i use stock box with a airaid tube and AEM drop in. Has steeda been working on a design to solve the issue of the flex tune and the air lid fitment problems? If so, and if theres a revision coming, id love to give it another shot and im sure plenty of others would as well, i dont hold a grudge or think negatively of steeda, and i use many other of your parts mainly suspension and have had zero issues with those. Picture attached of my sealant problem and air lid problem.
20190607_134752.jpg
20190607_133734.jpg

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
A few questions,

First up i have a 2018 gt, i purchased a steeda pro flow sealed box about a month or so ago and when i went to install it there were a few issues. The box lid itself that was sent had quality control issues where the sealant that was used to seal the gaps of the box had many threads of dried sealant hanging loose and one section was already hanging off, i went to give it a pull and the entire 2 foot bead of sealant came out, had some sort of oil residue on it that looks like it interrupted the bonding process. Secondly the lid would simply not close, the factory box clips could not reach the top of the steeda box, after some messing around the provided air filter looked to be at fault, with the clips sealing with the filter removed. I ordered a few other filters, and finally found a dry flow filter (the AEM one) that fits the stock box perfectly. However i returned the steeda due to the quality control issues with the sealant and the fitment problems. Since this time ive heard of another individual having the same fitment issues, minus the sealant. They also returned it. I do not want to run a JLT oor a PMAS, in FL IAT is a concern no matter how much people seem to argue against it, 140 degrees IAT in a staging lane cant be good for the 60' of your pass. So i kept coming back to the steeda but now i see that theres an issue with the CAI and the lund flex tune and in another thread people have returned the steeda due to flex tune having an erratic idle due to MAF placement. The issue is solved mostly on E85R tunes but for those of us who prefer flex, we are left with the hot air intakes or stock box. Currently i use stock box with a airaid tube and AEM drop in. Has steeda been working on a design to solve the issue of the flex tune and the air lid fitment problems? If so, and if theres a revision coming, id love to give it another shot and im sure plenty of others would as well, i dont hold a grudge or think negatively of steeda, and i use many other of your parts mainly suspension and have had zero issues with those. Picture attached of my sealant problem and air lid problem.
20190607_134752.jpg
20190607_133734.jpg
The clip issue has been reported multiple times. Especially when reverting to stock. In my case and multiple others one or more clip had been rendered useless due to having to stretch it to get it to fix or outright broken.

The flex capability was the primary reason I reverted to stock after testing when the CAI first came out. The MAF turbulence and idle variance was a no go for accurate flex tuning.

From what I understand the new revision is supposed to be more flex friendly, possibly due to MAF placement. I have not heard if the new version addresses the clip issue though.

The QC issue you encountered though is the first of the kind I have seen.

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
The clip issue has been reported multiple times. Especially when reverting to stock. In my case and multiple others one or more clip had been rendered useless due to having to stretch it to get it to fix or outright broken.

The flex capability was the primary reason I reverted to stock after testing when the CAI first came out. The MAF turbulence and idle variance was a no go for accurate flex tuning.

From what I understand the new revision is supposed to be more flex friendly, possibly due to MAF placement. I have not heard if the new version addresses the clip issue though.

The QC issue you encountered though is the first of the kind I have seen.
I never even got to see the clip issue when returning to stock, my lid never sealed. The clips would not reach with the fat air filter and the section of the lid closest to the front of the car would not align properly. As far as the sealant, i imagine it would be a rare case, as i said there was a residue all over it that likely interrupted the drying process.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere saying that Steeda is working on a revision to their intake.

Seems like they are trying to clear out their old stock.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
As with all products revisions are made to improve the product during their life cycle. We have experimented with moving the MAF sensor location but that had minimal effects so it's still located in the air box. The problems we have seen have effected less than 2% of the kits sold. Typically, tweaks to the tune are all that's needed to achieve the desired results. We have revised the sealing properties and every single kit that leaves we check to make sure the factory clips work. So this is usually a technique issue when installing. Don't just pull up on the clip, you need to press on the center of the clip and push down on the box top and it will snap on every time. Like I mentioned, we test every single lid before they get sent out. As with the silicone, there were a couple that the mold release was not properly cleaned off by the manufacture and we will gladly swap out those lids for new ones. We are confident in this kit as the results from our #20 and Silver Bullet speak for themselves. Cooler intake temps, mean more horsepower resulting in quicker lap times on the track and the 1320.

-SteedaTech

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Several years ago (S197) Steeda had a video showing IAT with a Pro-Flow under normal traffic conditions. Do you have anything like that for this new intake?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I will pass this along to our video dept. to see if this can be on the radar.

TJ

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
I will pass this along to our video dept. to see if this can be on the radar.

TJ
Why are you touting cooler air intake temps than stock, or do you mean compared to an open filter CAI?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Why are you touting cooler air intake temps than stock, or do you mean compared to an open filter CAI?
Especially when half the box still is stock. For something priced at $300, I'd have expected a fully molded closed box, but it's all about that profit. You also lose out on people who no longer have stock intakes either.
Sponsored