Steeda cai vs jlt cai your thoughts

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have a Steeda CAI and am about to try a JLT. I'll let y'all know which one I like better. Great customer service from Vinny - I ordered it today and it's going to get here tomorrow.
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Just got my insert, looks like it will do great at sealing that opening.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Steeda CAI and am about to try a JLT. I'll let y'all know which one I like better. Great customer service from Vinny - I ordered it today and it's going to get here tomorrow.
Are you running the tune with the CAI?

You will be happy with either CAI ... can't wait to hear your feedback, if there is anything I can help with in regards to the testing ... happy to help!

Best Regards,

TJ

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'll buy the loser of the comparision!

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
The JLT looks like a good set-up as well. But I'm in with the crowd chanting, "Steeda! Steeda!, Steeda!, Steeda!" And we're not even that drunk. Sorta. Kinda.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Are you running the tune with the CAI?

You will be happy with either CAI ... can't wait to hear your feedback, if there is anything I can help with in regards to the testing ... happy to help!

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks TJ. I am running a tune with it but it's not a Steeda tune. As to the difference it made - I think I feel it pulling harder at high RPM, which is what I would expect. Even with my auto - breaks the tires loose through 1st to 2nd and even 2nd to 3rd. I haven't dynoed it yet and not sure if I'm gonna. I'd rather go by my own feeling and experience with it rather than numbers, which don't mean anything for me anyway because I'm not racing.

Just wanted to try a different brand and have been looking at the JLT since I got the Mustang. I've had nothing but great customer service from Steeda.

The shop that I take my car to recommends the JLT to all their customers so I wanted to try it out. I'm not expecting a major performance difference between the two of course.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I've had JLT, Airaid, a JLT/Airaid hybrid, and Steeda - all with Lund tunes. I've sold the Airaid and JLT and kept the Steeda....
Did you have the JLT first, then the Airaid, then the hybrid setup, then purchased the Steeda last and ended with that? Or do you have all 3 at the same time and choose one based on data or results? Curious the road that led you to where your at.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I did some testing at the drag strip between the jlt, airaid, and jlt/airaid, and there were no significant differences between each pass. Being a manual, there are too many driver factors say definitively, but the trap speeds were all consistent.

I did not do any track comparisons with the Steeda, just some back to back street driving and my seat-of-the-pants said the steeda/tune combination was a smoother feel than the jlt.

Edit: Last weekend I set my fastest lap time at the road course I frequent while on the stock box. Next time I go back will be with the same suspension/tire setup and the Steeda intake. That to me will be a better test; long stretches at 6000+ rpm when the motor is desperate for air....

All in all, I don't think anyone will be disappointed in their choice and you should get the one that appeals to you for whatever reason it may be. i think if I did it all over again I'd just keep the stock box and spend the money elsewhere - but I get wrapped up in the hype just like everyone else.

Last edited:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I got my JLT today. Next day shipping is pretty nice! Took me little more than an hour to install it, including disassembling the Steeda kit. The most difficult part was getting the air feed to fit the factory air duct in the grille, but once I did, I realized how flush it needed to be or should be. It also came with the new foam insert for the airbox.

I loaded up the tune and it fired right up like a champ, no codes or anything. It adjusted to the idle fairly quickly - within a few minutes. I took it out for a 10 minute test spin and all went well. Feels very smooth and no issues. The computer is still learning to it and the tune so I can't really do a fair comparison yet. But I'm happy thus far at least and all in all, not a bad way to spend a Friday evening off. Now I'm drinking a beer and about watch a movie.

Thanks again Vinny for the Lightning fast shipping and the discount. Here's a pic, sorry about the lack of light - was just finishing when it got dark.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
[MENTION=19599]Bluemustang[/MENTION] - Looks good. I am still undecided on which CAI to go with.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=19599]Bluemustang[/MENTION] - Looks good. I am still undecided on which CAI to go with.
Happy to help get you in the Steeda unit: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-proflow-mustang-cold-air-intake-manual-gt-2015-555-3193/

On at 10:30 p.m. ET still trying to provide support :thumbsup: - you will be happy with either CAI you go with ... but here are just some reviews on the Steeda CAI:

THE STEEDA CAI W/NO TUNE - WAS A GREAT PURCHASE AND A GREAT ADDITION TO MY MOD LIST. INSTALL WAS EASY WITH BASIC TOOLS. THE CAI GAVE ME INCREASED COOL AIR, THAT I COULD HEAR WORKING IMMEDIATELY.

THANK YOU FOR THE QUICK SHIPPING AND AMAZING PART.
- See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-proflo...manual-gt-2015-555-3193/#sthash.7oY6ZqSW.dpuf
what a great product. i am not one to normally write reviews but when it came to this product combined with the SCT xcal 4 and tune.....I am committed 100%.
First thing to know is that the tuning of the 15 is very different than previous versions and Steeda makes it intuitive, secondly having gone from stock to stock tune restricted and then steeda tune restricted i was impressed how the engine started to wake up. After all we are talking stock parameters. pull the restrictor and do the unrestricted tune and hold on for some fun. i still cant stop smiling. :-)
Great job guys and l look forward to tunes for life with you as well! like i said im sold! - See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-proflo...manual-gt-2015-555-3193/#sthash.7oY6ZqSW.dpuf
WOW YOU WANT POWER WITH THIS CAI BY STEEDA YOU WILL GET IT EASY INSTALL GREAT PERFORMANCE BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK
- See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-proflo...manual-gt-2015-555-3193/#sthash.7oY6ZqSW.dpuf

Our CAI is Designed, Engineered, Manufactured, Tested & Backed by Steeda - while being manufactured right here in the U.S.A. under ISO 9001:2008 standards. We make the investment & commitment to give you, the customer, piece of mind that when you purchase a product ... you are getting the best quality we can provide!

Best Regards,

TJ

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Happy to help get you in the Steeda unit: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-proflow-mustang-cold-air-intake-manual-gt-2015-555-3193/

On at 10:30 p.m. ET still trying to provide support :thumbsup: - you will be happy with either CAI you go with ... but here are just some reviews on the Steeda CAI:

Our CAI is Designed, Engineered, Manufactured, Tested & Backed by Steeda - while being manufactured right here in the U.S.A. under ISO 9001:2008 standards. We make the investment & commitment to give you, the customer, piece of mind that when you purchase a product ... you are getting the best quality we can provide!

Best Regards,

TJ
TJ - your dedication has not gone unnoticed. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

You will be the first person i contact if i go Steeda. Took me 3 months to decide on an exhaust and now i am still kicking CAI's around. Steeda has been at the top of my list for sometime now because i am partial to it "looks", and very positive reviews. Believe me...i have been combing thru everything.

Btw - Does the CAI in the link above come with the part that you can keep in for non-tune, or take out to run a tune?
Sponsored