Spoiler / Wing Recommendations (GT)

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have a 2015 Mustang GT and want to up the look of the car with a wing or spoiler.
I'm having a really hard time finding what I want, so I decided to ask the forums for help!

For the spoiler I need it to be functional and hold up to speed.
Occasionally I push the car, and I can't have a spoiler blow up on me at 160+.
I want it to provide some actual downforce too.
I also want something that is a little flashy, but not too over the top.

So far I am in love with the gt350r spoiler. The only problem is the original costs thousands and I've heard terrible reviews about replicas.
The only place I have heard good things from is Anderson Composites, but their spoilers are a little too expensive for me, as well as hearing bad things about the company and their customer service. Also, I haven't seen clear answers if all their gt350r spoilers can handle high speeds (they have like 3 different ones).

Any recommendations would be a big help! I'm not looking to spend over $500, but I am willing to save up to buy something that is good quality and actually functional.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Any recommendations would be a big help!
Hey OP, a couple answers to your questions below.

1. If you do 160 in this car the spoiler is the least of your issues. F/R bumper will likely blow off before the spoiler. Don't even get me started on the hood float lol.

2. Actual downforce=money. For many reasons. Also, if you put downforce on the rear you'll definitely want more in the front.

3. Super subjective. I would use the search option and find the spoiler thread and start there.

4. I went with an APR unit because I need actual downforce, APR uses CFD to get their data and it's adjustable depending on what track i'm at.
IMG_0562.jpg

Good luck!

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Hey OP, a couple answers to your questions below.

1. If you do 160 in this car the spoiler is the least of your issues. F/R bumper will likely blow off before the spoiler. Don't even get me started on the hood float lol.

2. Actual downforce=money. For many reasons. Also, if you put downforce on the rear you'll definitely want more in the front.

3. Super subjective. I would use the search option and find the spoiler thread and start there.

4. I went with an APR unit because I need actual downforce, APR uses CFD to get their data and it's adjustable depending on what track i'm at.
IMG_0562.jpg

Good luck!
Haha I’ve been 172 in the car, and 160 multiple times.

The reason I question the gt350r spoilers is because all of the reviews of the cheap ones going 60+, I’m sure they would snap going 160.

What downforce could I add to the front?

I’ll try looking for the spoiler thread.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
I have a 2015 Mustang GT and want to up the look of the car with a wing or spoiler.
I'm having a really hard time finding what I want, so I decided to ask the forums for help!

For the spoiler I need it to be functional and hold up to speed.

So far I am in love with the gt350r spoiler. The only problem is the original costs thousands and I've heard terrible reviews about replicas.
The only place I have heard good things from is Anderson Composites, but their spoilers are a little too expensive for me, as well as hearing bad things about the company and their customer service. Also, I haven't seen clear answers if all their gt350r spoilers can handle high speeds (they have like 3 different ones).

Any recommendations would be a big help! I'm not looking to spend over $500, but I am willing to save up to buy something that is good quality and actually functional.
I'm running the GT350 track pack spoiler with a wicker bill. I'd say it provides a bit more downforce than the track pack spoiler, and it definitely stands out without looking too flashy.

IMG-8823.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Haha I’ve been 172 in the car, and 160 multiple times.

The reason I question the gt350r spoilers is because all of the reviews of the cheap ones going 60+, I’m sure they would snap going 160.

What downforce could I add to the front?

I’ll try looking for the spoiler thread.
Did you install any bumper supports or splitter/diffuser? The only reason I ask is I've seen a couple drag mustangs blow their bumpers completely off at high speed. Also, some of my road course friends also have aero that helps solidify those areas. Granted, you probably won't get to as high of a speed on a road course as some of the cars i've seen blow bumpers off (straight line drag cars).

In regards to your cheap product comment, I feel that if you want to go fast, spend the money as the ROI is your life lol.

Front downforce can be added by a splitter. I use an APR one hard mounted to the front crash cones so I don't need support rods. I know several guys that custom make their own splitters for their specific needs (@Flyhalf , @PaddyPrix ). Both have great high speed builds and worth a read.

The spoiler thread is cool, check here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/master-rear-spoiler-thread-post-yours-here.44480/

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Did you install any bumper supports or splitter/diffuser? The only reason I ask is I've seen a couple drag mustangs blow their bumpers completely off at high speed. Also, some of my road course friends also have aero that helps solidify those areas. Granted, you probably won't get to as high of a speed on a road course as some of the cars i've seen blow bumpers off (straight line drag cars).

In regards to your cheap product comment, I feel that if you want to go fast, spend the money as the ROI is your life lol.

Front downforce can be added by a splitter. I use an APR one hard mounted to the front crash cones so I don't need support rods. I know several guys that custom make their own splitters for their specific needs (@Flyhalf , @PaddyPrix ). Both have great high speed builds and worth a read.

The spoiler thread is cool, check here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/master-rear-spoiler-thread-post-yours-here.44480/
Haha nope, will have to worry about that now.

And thanks I’ll checkout the post!

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
This is my latest. Still finishing but optimized for downforce with big front tunnels and side plates.
Before that i had the version only blade (car pic) but also with smaller tunnells.
A good chassis mounted blade (5-6 " lip) sitted at 3" from the ground can generate 200-250 lbs at 100mph.

With tunnells and side plates 400-500.
I make mine removable in 5mins with all quick connectors

A note. Tunnells and side plate = more DF but more drag.

20220307_163957.jpg

20220307_152438_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211216_134704_582.jpg

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Spoiler wing answer.
So the 350R wing generates around 100-150lbs at 120mph.
Definitely less draggy than a rear 45 deg spoiler.
I raced the anderson composite one first year of time trials going 150 no issue.
Anderson is smaller but taller.
Remember more DF in the rear =less grip in the front.
Key work is balance.

Screenshot_20220315-205232.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Spoiler wing answer.
So the 350R wing generates around 100-150lbs at 120mph.
Definitely less draggy than a rear 45 deg spoiler.
I raced the anderson composite one first year of time trials going 150 no issue.
Anderson is smaller but taller.
Remember more DF in the rear =less grip in the front.
Key work is balance.

Screenshot_20220315-205232.png
The car looks sick.

Probably won’t do any serious track work. Just want a cool look that also helps out at higher speeds.

What would you recommend for something simple to give the car more downforce in the front?

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
The car looks sick.

Probably won’t do any serious track work. Just want a cool look that also helps out at higher speeds.

What would you recommend for something simple to give the car more downforce in the front?
The ZL1ADDONS lip. Add some extra bolt duts to hold it better. Put a couple of rods connected to the crashbar. And pair with anderson composite 350 replica. Is a slighlty improvment and also great looking!

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
The ZL1ADDONS lip. Add some extra bolt duts to hold it better. Put a couple of rods connected to the crashbar. And pair with anderson composite 350 replica. Is a slighlty improvment and also great looking!
I’ve seen people say the Anderson composites vibrates at normal driving speeds. Did you experience any of that?

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
I’ve seen people say the Anderson composites vibrates at normal driving speeds. Did you experience any of that?
Nope. It was good. Plan B you can do the swing of the gt500. Similar downforce but more drag

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Nope. It was good. Plan B you can do the swing of the gt500. Similar downforce but more drag
And stop going at 160 on the street. :)
Bring the car to the track so you can fully experience the potential of the car in a safe environment. And becoming also a better driver :) in a fun atmosphere.
Sponsored