Sponsored

SpeedPhenom's Shadow Black Delivery

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Props to this kid for getting after it.

he may have had help. But he’s making the most of what has been dealt his way.

many get lots of help but squander things.
This kid is working.

it can get awkward recording everything and getting others to participate.

mans he’s thinking ahead to be helpful and get questions answered.

his video taking delivery was amazingly helpful to the community at large.

the kid is an asset.
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I find it amusing that people are disgusted with the idea of the oil in the separator being drained back into the engine. This is the same oil that in vapor form is in all areas of the engine when it is running, where exactly do you think it drains back to when the engine is off? Chances are that any contaminates in the oil are to heavy to be vaporized. So you probably end up with cleaner oil in the separator than in the sump.
I have had a catch can on my 2013 for over 6 years and have never seen any oil in the separator that was any different than the oil on my dipstick.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I find it amusing that people are disgusted with the idea of the oil in the separator being drained back into the engine. This is the same oil that in vapor form is in all areas of the engine when it is running, where exactly do you think it drains back to when the engine is off? Chances are that any contaminates in the oil are to heavy to be vaporized. So you probably end up with cleaner oil in the separator than in the sump.
I have had a catch can on my 2013 for over 6 years and have never seen any oil in the separator that was any different than the oil on my dipstick.
The way this catch can works, it de-froths the oil and it drips back in, not contaminated at all. The aftermarket cans spew out nasty frothy stuff, and that's why people think it's bad.

Sponsored

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Just watched Pheed Spenom's latest clip which is mostly him driving back to Cali in the rain.

HOWEVER, he did include footage of the Handling Package installation at the dealership to include the front splitter, wickers, and yes, the oil separator so it does come with the HP. He also filmed them showing how you remove the rain tray.

The video is worth watching just for this last part.
Driving 71 in the fast lane and getting passed, FFS.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I would also rather do all the install of the parts myself splitter, wickers, oil seperator, gurney flap, etc....anything else....I just have visions of monkeys with drill bits, lag screws and hammers installing my stuff, actually gives me nightmares that during the installation of these parts they tear up, scratch, mangle or somehow do something to my car. I really don't want my dealer, or any dealer really touching it, not even washing it or rinsing it, and please don't detail it. However most dealers whether true or not, will insist they have to do all the install of parts before delivery per (insert some weird policy here). I just want to remove as many things as i can where there is a chance they can screw something up.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
ProTrax: Man, do I hear ya loud and clear. I plan to do the wash and wax at the store but I think Ford techs HAVE to install the parts to keep their lawyers happy.
My dealer knows I am installing everything myself, and to only perform what they consider necessary PDI work.

Sponsored

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
Roger that, Jaime so obviously what I heard about dealer/Ford liability wasn't the straight skinny.
I would think that the dealer is not supposed to install them since Ford states they are not to be used on the street (splitter wickers and gurney flap).

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah i think most dealers, unless your really really close to the dealer/guy/whomever will insist they must do EVERYTHING as part of PDI. I get it but would just rather anyone not touch it.

Splitter wickers, gurney flap, and oil seperator i would argue are for track purposes and to NOT install, only so i can install them myself. But pretty sure there going to insist on installing the front splitter, when the time gets closer i would discuss with my guy. If my dealer was closer i would also be there upon delivery and install just so i can watch, and may very well do that anyway assuming they can (and should) be able to do all this stuff in 1 day.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
My Dealer (Only know them for the sale of the car) where I am getting mine from basically told me they will do what I ask. So I rather have them put it on and take home a complete car, but I am going to ask that I be present during installation of the parts. They will be more apt to be careful knowing someone is watching. :)

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Dealer (Only know them for the sale of the car) where I am getting mine from basically told me they will do what I ask. So I rather have them put it on and take home a complete car, but I am going to ask that I be present during installation of the parts. They will be more apt to be careful knowing someone is watching. :)
Sounds kinda absurd, but i think this is the safest thing to do and will probably be my approach also.
Sponsored