Shadow Black - Mistake or Not

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
First of all, a Black GT500 is BADASS and don't let anyone tell you different. Black in any of the Halo cars is freekin bad to the bone. Z06, ZR1, ZLE, HC Redeye, GT350R, etc. All bad ass in black.

The thing with black is you have to make the necessary commitment to the color. This means getting it professionally paint corrected and sealed. Sealed by either ceramic coat or ppf. Failure to do that will result in seeing all the micro swirls, scratches, water spots, and dirt more so than with other neutered colors. Doing it will result in a trouble free washing, detailing, and keeping that wet mirror finish.

I don't care what anybody says about black. The wet mirror finish is undeniable and so worth it. Ask yourself if you want to show your sinister side or not? Cuz that's what the color black reps. After all, Lord Vader's helmet isn't Race Red or PB now is it? His peepers are tinted black as well... Just saying.

R17.jpg

R12.jpg
R18.jpg

Last edited:

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
My last 8 muscle cars have all been "BLACK". So I consider myself somewhat of an expert on black cars---LOL. Now having said that I have on order a 2020 Shelby GT500 but Iam going this time with "Rapid Red" with the dual "Black Stripes". Here's the real deal. All black cars are absolutely a bitch to keep clean. I hand wash my cars and a black car will show light dust with in a few hours after washing and hand drying. Here's another tip. When you go with a totally black car you really should put on some really cool "Dual Stripes". Red, Blue, Silver. If you don't it kinda looks like this "Giant Black Blob" coming down the pikeway. Like I said I absolutely love Black Cars but this time after 8 black ones I went with something different. I currently also own a 2019 ALL BLACK Dodge Durango RT. Again, a bitch to keep it clean--but its my "daily driver" so Iam not quite as fussy with a car you drive everyday. Especially in a shitty weather state like where I live. I hope this helps you in your decision somewhat. Nothing more Macho looking than a black car with red dual stripes.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Nothing more Macho looking than a black car with red dual stripes.
Different strokes, Chuck. I am partial to red which is why I have a Race Red '14 and ordered a Rapid Red '20 with black stripes which I also think looks pretty "macho". :-)

upload_2019-10-27_11-16-3.png

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Different strokes, Chuck. I am partial to red which is why I have a Race Red '14 and ordered a Rapid Red '20 with black stripes which I also think looks pretty "macho". :-)

upload_2019-10-27_11-16-3.png
I too have "on order" a 2020 Shelby GT 500 that is Rapid Red metallic with the dual Black Stripes. Can't wait. I think that color combo will indeed be awesome.

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
First of all, a Black GT500 is BADASS and don't let anyone tell you different. Black in any of the Halo cars is freekin bad to the bone. Z06, ZR1, ZLE, HC Redeye, GT350R, etc. All bad ass in black.

The thing with black is you have to make the necessary commitment to the color. This means getting it professionally paint corrected and sealed. Sealed by either ceramic coat or ppf. Failure to do that will result in seeing all the micro swirls, scratches, water spots, and dirt more so than with other neutered colors. Doing it will result in a trouble free washing, detailing, and keeping that wet mirror finish.

I don't care what anybody says about black. The wet mirror finish is undeniable and so worth it. Ask yourself if you want to show your sinister side or not? Cuz that's what the color black reps. After all, Lord Vader's helmet isn't Race Red or PB now is it? His peepers are tinted black as well... Just saying.

R17.jpg

R12.jpg
R18.jpg
Great response man. I’m sticking with my guns and holding onto the Shadow Black. That thing is going to look great, and thanks for the tips.

Is Zeibart a reputable locations to get PPF or coating?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Great response man. I’m sticking with my guns and holding onto the Shadow Black. That thing is going to look great, and thanks for the tips.

Is Zeibart a reputable locations to get PPF or coating?
I took my R from the dealership to my detailer and had a stage 3 paint correction done to remove all the slightest paint imperfections and swirls. I then had it fully ceramic coated. Been a year with it now and it's still wet looking to this day with a hard outer protective shell that guards against pebbles and road grit. I will tell you that I priced a full ppf and it is not cheap. Around $6-7k. I did not go that route.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I took my R from the dealership to my detailer and had a stage 3 paint correction done to remove all the slightest paint imperfections and swirls. I then had it fully ceramic coated. Been a year with it now and it's still wet looking to this day with a hard outer protective shell that guards against pebbles and road grit.
I plan on doing that with my Roush sometime early next year when the weather is nice.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
@DocGT

Also, I would seriously think about NOT letting the dealership detail kids touch the car before delivery. What that amounted to for me was more money spent for the time it took my detailer to remove copious amounts waxing and rotational swirls from unprofessionals "detailing" the car before delivery.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Excellent tip, JR and I plan to do just that. Dealer is even going to let me use their gear but my own microfiber rags. They already know not to touch it until I get there. :-)

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Excellent tip, JR and I plan to do just that. Dealer is even going to let me use their gear but my own microfiber rags. They already know not to touch it until I get there. :-)
Another tip. Don't let'em drill the front plate. Didn't happen to me but it would have been a deal breaker if it did. Wait for the no drill front license plate brackets to come out in the aftermarket if you have to run a front plate where you live. I don't have to.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I too have "on order" a 2020 Shelby GT 500 that is Rapid Red metallic with the dual Black Stripes. Can't wait. I think that color combo will indeed be awesome.
I as well have rapid red with black stripes think there maybe a lot of them out there but that’s fine with me. It looks pretty awesome mine base with base seats, tech and handling so will be one of most common GT500s on road. Mine in body shop so hope to have it before thanksgiving and will post as many pics as I can

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
All really good advice, and it goes back to my specific reply. No regerts

My car is being enclosed trailered to get paint correction, then PPF (“track pack” protection, but possible 100% wrap), then ceramic coated on top of that. Yes, BIG money but I look at it this way, I’m not spending thousands on performance parts this time, and it’s an investment to protect my investment, lol.

My dealer is not touching the car at all. It will be unwrapped at the PPF shop as to protect the paint from the unprofessional “detailers” at the dealership. I kept my craigsbracket front license plate bracket from my 2015, then 2017 car, which I believe will fit this car beautifully.

Happy to hear you finalized your decision, and I second getting the pain corrected and protected immediately, if not sooner.

Cheers

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
All really good advice, and it goes back to my specific reply. No regerts
My car is being enclosed trailered to get paint correction, then PPF (“track pack” protection, but possible 100% wrap), then ceramic coated on top of that. Yes, BIG money but I look at it this way, I’m not spending thousands on performance parts this time, and it’s an investment to protect my investment, lol.
My dealer is not touching the car at all. It will be unwrapped at the PPF shop as to protect the paint from the unprofessional “detailers” at the dealership. I kept my craigsbracket front license plate bracket from my 2015, then 2017 car, which I believe will fit this car beautifully.
Happy to hear you finalized your decision, and I second getting the pain corrected and protected immediately, if not sooner.
Cheers
What's up Jaime!
When does your car come in?

Also, whom are you having to do the ceramic coating on your car? I've been really considering CRAFT DETAILING and/or BRAD'S AUTO RECONDITIONING.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
What's up Jaime!
When does your car come in?

Also, whom are you having to do the ceramic coating on your car? I've been really considering CRAFT DETAILING and/or BRAD'S AUTO RECONDITIONING.
Hello my friend. I used Craft Detailing for Opticoat on my SuperDuty and they were great. I have not heard of Brad’s Auto Reconditioning, where is this? I am in talks with AutoNuvo in Holliston. They came recommended by my salesman and I had a long conversation with them, and like them. They are extremely professional. They are going to remove everything like badging and rear spoiler to do a proper install, then put back on. I already got new fender emblems for this.

If all stays true, it will go into production maybe a week from Monday, with a build day of 11/14. Hit me up any time to come see it in person, don’t wait for good weather.

Jaime

Dutch44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , 2008 Jeep Sahara , 2004 ford explorer
I currently have an order for a shadow black GT500, which is delayed until likely March or April. Unfortunately, this gives me a lot of time to see a lot of photos and videos of different colors, and I am considering a change of color. The race red and performance blue are the choices I may switch to.

I would love to get an in person look at a black GT500, but I’m not sure if there’s anyway to do that before mine comes in. I’m sure that every single one of these is going to look great, and it doesn’t seem like there are a lot of confirmed shadow black builds,

i’m just worried that the contrast and details that they designed may get lost in the black on black color scheme.

Any advice?
My opinion is that usually the first choice is the correct one , you choose black for a reason and now the car is delayed for production and it's playing mind tricks on you .
Some of the reason you post why you " think " you should or might change I'm sure Ford engineers have already played with those what ifs .
I'm not a fan of red cars , one of my lady friends constantly says only weird strange men own red cars it kinda has some logic plus when I turn a corner seeing a tow truck and yep it's a red mustang on it I'm glad I don't do red .
I have built modified cars all my life and usually I regret not keeping my first design desision at least for a moment , besides you can always do a wrap . Keep the black it's beautiful you know it because you wanted it . Don't let the space of time mess your mind up ! This is my opinion based on personal experience .