Speed Daddy headers warped flanges?

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I am considering headers on my 2016 and have been looking at the Speed Daddy stainless steel. I have read several places that they sometimes come with the flanges warped. Has any one experienced this? Does the B&K headers have this issue as well? Thank you!
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This can be an issue with any set of headers if someone gets lax in the manufacturing process. When you get your headers, you can check them on a confirmed flat surface or with a piece of metal with a straight edge. If you find that the flanges are warped, you could enlist the help of a machine shop to bolt them down to a confirmed straight (and very thick) plate and heat up the flange while pulling it down evenly until it is straight and then let it cool completely.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I can tell you that I had fitment issues with the first set of top tier LTHs on my 2019 Bullitt and had o have the manufacturer build me a second set which fit perfectly. Just goes to show that things can happen, but they can also be corrected.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, with how shitty and annoying installing headers are on these cars, it's always good to double check once you get the parts.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Also make sure to use quality (ie OEM) gaskets instead of what comes in the box with them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Thank you for the comments gentlemen!

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Just received mine today. The flanges are slightly warped. Asking for a replacement. I understand this happens occasionally. Glad I’m not in a big rush. I’m really glad I read other posts here to check them before installing.

Apparently SD is very good about taking care of those issues when the pop up, which is why I wasn’t worried about ordering them. Otherwise they look like really good quality 304 SS headers, especially for the price.
Sponsored

Last edited: