Soo much brake dust!

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
2021 gt pp, black rims. There is so much brake dust every week! Anyone else notice this?
I was wondering if switching to carbon ceramic pads would help.
Sponsored

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Power stop Z26 pads (carbon ceramic). Night and day difference in dust compared to the stock pads, and close enough to the same stopping power/bite.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Power stop Z26 pads (carbon ceramic). Night and day difference in dust compared to the stock pads, and close enough to the same stopping power/bite.
I would describe the PowerStop Z23 pads the same way.

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Yes, likewise. I believe the 26 and 23's are the same exact pad material but with different backings. The 26 I think has a metal shim to dissipate heat a little better. I don't think you can go wrong with either for street driving. I have the 26's on the mustang and the 23's on my wife's car. Great pads all around.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
you guys do triple digit stops often? im super happy with the stock pads apart from the dust which i tolerate for absolutely killer brakes.

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
with Z26/Z23 you do lose that initial bite that the OEM PP1 pads have, but overall brake performance is comparable and 10% of the dust.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
When the carbo ceramic pads are cold, how is the performance of the brakes?
Does the car remains balanced or you can feel it braking on one side more than the other for a few moments when cold?

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with @tangguy that they lack some of the initial bite vs oem, but after some wear-in either I got used to it -OR- they just needed some break in.

The difference in performance is so mild that I wouldn't talk you out of getting them. I ceramic coated my rims and the OEM dust was still out of control. I would have to scrub the rims with a mit every time I washed the car. I then switched to Z26's and now they just rinse clean.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I have tons of dust too. Gonna definitely look into some ceramic pads. I think the stock PP pads are a little too grippy at times. Of course I am used to driving a basic Mazda for a daily driver, the Mustang will stand you on your head in a panic stop LOL.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
with Z26/Z23 you do lose that initial bite that the OEM PP1 pads have, but overall brake performance is comparable and 10% of the dust.
The additional pedal travel from the lower initial bite helps me heel/toe. The stock PP pads are so immediate and there's barely any pedal travel. Z23s fixed that.

JR

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
The additional pedal travel from the lower initial bite helps me heel/toe. The stock PP pads are so immediate and there's barely any pedal travel. Z23s fixed that.

JR
Yep I agree. It helped me too with heal toe. I find it easier to modulate the brakes and blip at the same time. The only issue I have is when Z26 are cold, I feel the glazed effect. But it gets normal after driving a few miles.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Yep I agree. It helped me too with heal toe. I find it easier to modulate the brakes and blip at the same time. The only issue I have is when Z26 are cold, I feel the glazed effect. But it gets normal after driving a few miles.
I haven't noticed that issue. What do you feel?

JR
Sponsored