PP Annoying Brake Dust

Rob_Stylez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW 5.0
Does anyone else get annoyed with the amount of brake dust that is on the wheels just from a few day after washing?

Has anyone swapped their brake pads, any recommendations for brands/prices?

I know Im not the only one that hates having to clean these PP wheels :headbonk:
Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Just seal your wheels every few months so they are easier to clean. I wouldn't want to change pad compounds and reduce any braking performance just to lower a little bit of dust.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Brake pads dust. It's a fact so get used to it.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
If you are worried about the brake dust, get the ecoboost. They don't get any with the PP wheels!

Sponsored

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Ceramic pads. Slightly diminished performance on the street, but your wheels will be clean.

Carbotech 1521 seems to be the forum choice.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I am fond of Hawk Performance HP pads...great for the street and no dust.
I hated the HPS on my RX-8. Poorly designed and melted my piston boots. Couldn't stop for shit. Poor customer service blaming everything else but their brake pads.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I hated the HPS on my RX-8. Poorly designed and melted my piston boots. Couldn't stop for shit. Poor customer service blaming everything else but their brake pads.
You had the exact opposite of my experience with my 03 Evolution. Excellent stopping power, no brake dust, and they lasted 45K miles of daily driving.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
guys i want to buy the Carbotech 1521 to save on the dust but i want to hear some feedback on this particular car if the bite and braking will remain the same. I have tried the 1521 on previous cars such as my CTSV, and ZR1 and hated them for their lack of bit and fade at high speeds. granted the dust sucks with the OEM PP pads but they work awesome

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
You had the exact opposite of my experience with my 03 Evolution. Excellent stopping power, no brake dust, and they lasted 45K miles of daily driving.
I think the pads just didn't work with the factory rotors. I had the rotors turned and even after 1200 miles I could still see the machine marks in the rotors and covered in some dark tarnish. I broke in the pads per Hawk recommendation and they still didn't work. Almost rear ended people on the road when driven aggressively, and barely slowed down on the race track. They overheated and burned the dust boots. Hawk kept saying it's my brake fluid and when I swapped the factory pads back on, braking returned to normal immediately and the rotors became shiny and smooth again.

OP
OP
Rob_Stylez

Rob_Stylez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW 5.0
Just seal your wheels every few months so they are easier to clean. I wouldn't want to change pad compounds and reduce any braking performance just to lower a little bit of dust.
I was searching the forum and it looks like this issue has been brought up earlier this year, another member mentioned ArmorAll Wheel Protector - might have to try this as a quick solution.

Brake pads dust. It's a fact so get used to it.
Not sure if you have the PP and I really don't care but these pads dust the wheel up at a ridiculous rate (200 miles). Im aware that brake dust will always be an issue in any vehicle but Im def not going to 'get used to it' because I don't want to wash my car solely to clean my wheels. Even my CCW Classics didn't require this much attention and I was daily driving the Cobra for over a year.

But keep feeding your 6g post count with useless comments :thumbsup:

If you are worried about the brake dust, get the ecoboost. They don't get any with the PP wheels!
Im def going to get different wheels but not black, a 6g vendor is getting me a quote on the new SF03 Stance wheels :cheers:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Not sure if you have the PP and I really don't care but these pads dust the wheel up at a ridiculous rate (200 miles). Im aware that brake dust will always be an issue in any vehicle but Im def not going to 'get used to it' because I don't want to wash my car solely to clean my wheels. Even my CCW Classics didn't require this much attention and I was daily driving the Cobra for over a year.
Just wash the wheels. Get some wheel cleaners spray it on and then rinse off and dry.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have the Armor All wheel black cleaner and it doesn't help one bit. They may be easier to clean, but it doesn't prevent build up at all.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I was searching the forum and it looks like this issue has been brought up earlier this year, another member mentioned ArmorAll Wheel Protector - might have to try this as a quick solution.

But keep feeding your 6g post count with useless comments [emoji106]

Im def going to get different wheels but not black, a 6g vendor is getting me a quote on the new SF03 Stance wheels :cheers:
When I was having the paint polished and sealed I had my detailer seal the wheels as well. They are much easier to clean. The wheels may be need to be sealed more often than the paint though.
Sponsored