evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
You had the exact opposite of my experience with my 03 Evolution. Excellent stopping power, no brake dust, and they lasted 45K miles of daily driving.
My 03 evo performed the same. Damn, I kind of miss that car.
Sponsored

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
I am fond of Hawk Performance HP pads...great for the street and no dust.
There are no Hawk pads available for the PP GT yet but they are working on some from the email response I got. I've used them on my last 2 performance cars and they've never let me down.

Guard 15 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Does anyone else get annoyed with the amount of brake dust that is on the wheels just from a few day after washing?

Has anyone swapped their brake pads, any recommendations for brands/prices?

I know Im not the only one that hates having to clean these PP wheels :headbonk:
Yea especially the front wheels. They get nasty after a few days after washing.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I tried a number of products designed to keep the brake dust to a minimum....none of them worked! Had the same prob with my 135i w/Brembo brakes. I do the same with this car as I did with my prior car, every morn I clean my wheels in the garage before leaving. Sometimes when I stop to fill up, I clean the wheels - have OCD baaad and literally hate brake dust. I have everything in my trunk to include latex gloves to "wipe 'em down" right quick.

Maybe I will try the seal this summer and see how that works...

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Cquartz them. Done!
Takes a week to even look dirty, then just hose off with water.
Mine were opti-coated and they still get dirty and certainly doesn't hose off. They don't require scrubbing, but it does require some sort of material to wipe the dust off.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Swiffer dusters (sans the stick) are your friend.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
What I don't understand is how people can be so willing to give up good braking initial bite and feel on the one hand . . . but object to the idea of turning the nannies off as if that was a guaranteed bad thing on the other.

Norm

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What I don't understand is how people can be so willing to give up good braking initial bite and feel on the one hand . . . but object to the idea of turning the nannies off as if that was a guaranteed bad thing on the other.

Norm
How are people giving up good initial braking?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think your brake pad experience has to be wider than OE, plus maybe mass-market ceramics, and those HPS Hawks, before you can fully understand.

But I can tell you that once you've experienced pads with significantly better bite than whatever you've had previously, it's hard to be happy going back to pads with bite that's 'blah'. You can find yourself wondering why not much is happening when you step on the brake pedal.

There is even a slight reduction in stopping distance that comes with stronger initial bite, as it's really easy to get up to strong deceleration quickly without having to drive the brakes all the way into ABS with a panicky stomp.

Once in a great while, all you need is a one foot shorter stopping distance, and getting stronger deceleration during the time that your foot is moving the brake pedal down - this does take a finite amount of time - the less time & distance it'll take you to get stopped even with ABS . . .

Norm
Sponsored

Last edited: