Something super weird

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
okay so today i noticed this high spot at the top of my fender. WTF you guys think caused this?
1688602874606.png

1688602921577.png
Sponsored

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
Hard to say, but looking at the panel gaps it looks like it may have been too close to the hood and been bent during opening / closing of the hood.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Go look at other same model year cars before you panic.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Hard to say, but looking at the panel gaps it looks like it may have been too close to the hood and been bent during opening / closing of the hood.
the gaps are perfect. you don't see the distortion in the metal?

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
the gaps are perfect. you don't see the distortion in the metal?
No that panel gap is actually quite close to the fender. Ford is known to have some of the worst panel fitment in the industry. Its possible it bent it as some point, or its entirely possible that something fell and hit your car and dented it slightly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
No that panel gap is actually quite close to the fender. Ford is known to have some of the worst panel fitment in the industry. Its possible it bent it as some point, or its entirely possible that something fell and hit your car and dented it slightly.
instead of calling me a liar try another theory.
its not a dent, its a high spot, if you guys don't know what that means google it.

that's why its weird.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Do you have hydraulic lifts. I've had that happen on a car when closing the hood manually and hydraulic lift failed and I bent the hood​

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
instead of calling me a liar try another theory.
its not a dent, its a high spot, if you guys don't know what that means google it.

that's why its weird.
Bud, none of us are calling you a liar, you asked for help and multiple people gave you the same answer. Sorry if you can't accept that answer. I suggest you change your tone if you want people to continue to help :like:

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Bud, none of us are calling you a liar, you asked for help and multiple people gave you the same answer. Sorry if you can't accept that answer. I suggest you change your tone if you want people to continue to help :like:
This guy does this in every thread where he asks for help. Doesn't matter your intentions; prepare to get insulted. He belongs on an ignore list.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Do you have hydraulic lifts. I've had that happen on a car when closing the hood manually and hydraulic lift failed and I bent the hood​
yeah i've seen that too. this is inside the fender and all the gaps have plenty of space. plus no paint is damaged anywhere. its as if someone pushed up from the inside of the fender.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Here’s the problem. Directly under that spot is some bolt head or something like that. If any pressure is applied to the top of the fender, the aluminum bends from being pushed up by it from below.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Here’s the problem. Directly under that spot is some bolt head or something like that. If any pressure is applied to the top of the fender, the aluminum bends from being pushed up by it from below.
that's kind of what i'm thinking. at this point I shouldn't be surprised other loud people on this forum can't see how an inverted dent with no metal to metal contact is weird but here we are :D

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
that's kind of what i'm thinking. at this point I shouldn't be surprised other loud people on this forum can't see the issue but here we are :D
So if you had it all figured out why bother asking? So basically you bent your fender and sent some terrible pics asking for an opinion on how you damaged your own car. Can't make that shit up.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Have a good PDR guy look at it. Should be fixable.
Sponsored