Solved-Autoblip causing issues?

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I’ve had an autoblip installed on my car for about 3 months now and it’s been perfect... until today. I was driving home and had to downshift behind a tractor, and it didn’t blip. I thought maybe it was just user error, so I kept going. About 1 minute later I got a notice on my dash to check the manual and the wrench and airbag light came on and I had nearly zero throttle response. I pulled over, shut the car off, restarted it and nothing. My car would barely rev with the pedal to the floor, but I figured I’d just try to limp it home since I was almost there. I pulled over again about 2 miles later because I literally couldn’t make it up a small hill, shut the car off and back on and shut off the autoblip while the car was off and everything worked normally. I started off again and when I turned the autoblip back on, my throttle response dropped slowly over 15 seconds to nothing again. Stopped a third time and left the autoblip off and the last quarter mile home was fine. No lights and perfect throttle response. I did notice when I had no throttle response that none of the lights on the autoblip were illuminated.

Any ideas? Is my module malfunctioning? Bad wiring connections? Blown fuse? I’m open to any ideas.
Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
That’s strange indeed. I’ve been running my autoblip for well over a year now with no issues. Those guys have great tech support so I’d give them a call. It’s possible there is a loose connection wreaking havoc... interested to hear what you find.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
mike, i think you narrowed it down that the autoblip has failed. maybe a loose connection from some tug or just constant movement. i got to ask... i just bought the pedal commander as i wasn't sure on the auto blip idea. does the auto blip actually work EVERY single time? like does it make the vehicle lurch forward from 5th or 4th? i got the pedal commander cause i was told it makes the throttle response and rev matching a lot more smoother. i personally like the rev match control idea.

OP
OP
MikeMM

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
mike, i think you narrowed it down that the autoblip has failed. maybe a loose connection from some tug or just constant movement. i got to ask... i just bought the pedal commander as i wasn't sure on the auto blip idea. does the auto blip actually work EVERY single time? like does it make the vehicle lurch forward from 5th or 4th? i got the pedal commander cause i was told it makes the throttle response and rev matching a lot more smoother. i personally like the rev match control idea.
I like it. You can set blip intensity and delay so when you go to downshift it’s dialed in pretty exact. It only blips when you’re braking and push the clutch.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Yeah totally diff functions compared to pedal commander... autoblip makes downshifting on track magical.

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I like it. You can set blip intensity and delay so when you go to downshift it’s dialed in pretty exact. It only blips when you’re braking and push the clutch.
Edit for wrong quote lol

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I've got AutoBlip installed and have no issues to date. I only use it on the track so it doesn't get much use. Took a bit of tweeking it to get the delay and intensity right where I like it. I give it high marks and their support is top notch as well.:like:

OP
OP
MikeMM

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Well, I managed to figure it out yesterday when I had time to dig into it. Turns out one of my gas pedal connections was loose and it was basically leeching 98% of the power to the gas pedal. Autoblip's customer service was fantastic as always and responded to my inquiry quickly.

From what I've learned, I figured I could throw together a quick troubleshooting guide:

Unit has power, zero throttle response, service Advancetrac warning- clutch pedal ground is bad.
Unit has power, throttle is fine, unit will not blip- bad brake connection.
Unit has no power, throttle is fine, no warnings- main throttle power is bad.
Unit looses power, minimal throttle response, airbag light comes on- second throttle connection is bad.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Well, I managed to figure it out yesterday when I had time to dig into it. Turns out one of my gas pedal connections was loose and it was basically leeching 98% of the power to the gas pedal. Autoblip's customer service was fantastic as always and responded to my inquiry quickly.

From what I've learned, I figured I could throw together a quick troubleshooting guide:

Unit has power, zero throttle response, service Advancetrac warning- clutch pedal ground is bad.
Unit has power, throttle is fine, unit will not blip- bad brake connection.
Unit has no power, throttle is fine, no warnings- main throttle power is bad.
Unit looses power, minimal throttle response, airbag light comes on- second throttle connection is bad.
Great info. Thanks for the write up.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
am I reading this correctly? this is a rev match feature?

OP
OP
MikeMM

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
am I reading this correctly? this is a rev match feature?
Per se, yes. It’s an aftermarket module that will blip your throttle when you are braking and push the clutch in. It’s fully adjustable so you can dial it in to your vehicle.

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
I just read about it and it doesn't seem to work like the rev match in my vette (which I love). Any way to add the GT's rev match feature to our cars?

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I just read about it and it doesn't seem to work like the rev match in my vette (which I love). Any way to add the GT's rev match feature to our cars?
From what I understand, it only blips the throttle when you down shift AND press the brake pedal, correct ?

I’m wondering if there is a a way to get it to rev match when downshifting regardless of stepping on the brake or not.

The rev match on my ZLE is one of my favorite features on that car.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
correct, you have to be on the brakes, THEN then when the clutch hits the floor it blips... works seamlessly for track.
Sponsored