DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
I think also, alot of the people having these issues have only driven fwd cars previously. Totally different reactions for correcting skids. Wrong wheel drive stays on the gas, turn in to the skid....proper wheel drive (rwd) let off the gas and steer where you want the car to be....the only time I had an issue was driving my wife's sentra many years ago. It snowed, and I was going through some curves, car slid, I corrected, car ended up off the road and I was pissed.....I did everything I would normally do. The issue was I only have ever owned red cars and my corrections didn't work in the fwd.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
I think also, alot of the people having these issues have only driven fwd cars previously. Totally different reactions for correcting skids. Wrong wheel drive stays on the gas, turn in to the skid....proper wheel drive (rwd) let off the gas and steer where you want the car to be....the only time I had an issue was driving my wife's sentra many years ago. It snowed, and I was going through some curves, car slid, I corrected, car ended up off the road and I was pissed.....I did everything I would normally do. The issue was I only have ever owned rwd cars and my corrections didn't work in the fwd.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Know that thousands of hours of calibration, testing and validation are superior to any human capabilities, unless you are Hamilton....
Then braid my hair and call me Lewis.

These car's TC and SC absolutely suck, especially in the winter. And you can't really shut them off.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Then braid my hair and call me Lewis.

These car's TC and SC absolutely suck, especially in the winter. And you can't really shut them off.
I did donuts in the snow without issue. If some phantom SC helped me to slide around perfectly, I didn't notice and I was happy. When it's dry or even wet pavement, cost of tires trump my desire to slide around or melt rubber.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My '11 GT500 scared me haha! Factory tires offered zero confidence and the electronic nannies were simply overpowered. Very fun car though!
Yes. Reminds me of my '07, which was modded to ~540 WHP, OEM tires were laughable. It was a blast to terrify a helpless passenger drifting it on dry pavement as if it were on ice.

My S550 in its current state is about the sweet spot for a usable road car, really.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I did donuts in the snow without issue. If some phantom SC helped me to slide around perfectly, I didn't notice and I was happy. When it's dry or even wet pavement, cost of tires trump my desire to slide around or melt rubber.
Did you?

Honestly, the only real snow driving I did, when I first got the car, it would NOT allow me the wheel spin I needed. I had it in track mode, but I didn't press & hold the TC button for.....what?....3-6 seconds? To shut the TC supposedly "off".

Maybe this car has a DFO issue.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Did you?

Honestly, the only real snow driving I did, when I first got the car, it would NOT allow me the wheel spin I needed. I had it in track mode, but I didn't press & hold the TC button for.....what?....3-6 seconds? To shut the TC supposedly "off".

Maybe this car has a DFO issue.
I was in Sport+ and held the TC button till it said everything was off. Didn't take much in the snow and did 2 full rotations in first gear around 4000 rpm. Inner front tire barely moved. FWIW every time I've tried to spin the tires with only TC off (not holding it down), the second it moves to the side more than 1 millimeter, it shuts me down. I'm saving the line lock testing till I decide to retire a set of tires.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Yes. Reminds me of my '07, which was modded to ~540 WHP, OEM tires were laughable. It was a blast to terrify a helpless passenger drifting it on dry pavement as if it were on ice.

My S550 in its current state is about the sweet spot for a usable road car, really.
It's more fun to drive slow car fast.....

Sponsored

JL3W1S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 full BMR handling upgrades, xpipe, MGW

Another one...

just keep advancetrac on you can pull 400+ foot burnouts if you keep it straight enough.
But tires are too expensive! (And currently not easy to find)

JL3W1S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 full BMR handling upgrades, xpipe, MGW
My '11 GT500 scared me haha! Factory tires offered zero confidence and the electronic nannies were simply overpowered. Very fun car though!
That’s a whole different animal. Way overpowered chassis. I flipped full 90 left then 90 right then corrected on 3rd time on a test drive 2013 brand new Because I wanted to see just what it had and floored it doing 20mph and didn’t let off .I had no idea it was so overpowered. Salesman kept his cool. After peeling his hands off of the holds, and I apologized he said no problem that’s what they’re built for. Lol.

(they’re not built for crashing)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
That’s a whole different animal. Way overpowered chassis. I flipped full 90 left then 90 right then corrected on 3rd time on a test drive 2013 brand new Because I wanted to see just what it had and floored it doing 20mph and didn’t let off .I had no idea it was so overpowered. Salesman kept his cool. After peeling his hands off of the holds, and I apologized he said no problem that’s what they’re built for. Lol.

(they’re not built for crashing)
Had the car for a few months and decided to fulfill a dream of doing a donut or 2 in an intersection. Also, I was younger and dumber. So for the first time with that car I turned all the nannies off and let er rip in a nice big intersection in an industrial area at like 3am with nobody around. Right away it was like the car had another hundred horsepower and I simply wasn't ready. I managed to maintain some semblance of control and do my donuts but I just had to "cool guy" it and stay in it while I straightened it out to lay rubber down the street. Ended up going sideways enough to tag a curb rear wheel first and get the passenger half of the car up the curb into some grass. Shut it down immediately to inspect damage and was extremely lucky. Only some road rash on the wheels. After replacing wheels and tires I was mostly forever done doing dumb stuff like that.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Had the car for a few months and decided to fulfill a dream of doing a donut or 2 in an intersection. Also, I was younger and dumber. So for the first time with that car I turned all the nannies off and let er rip in a nice big intersection in an industrial area at like 3am with nobody around. Right away it was like the car had another hundred horsepower and I simply wasn't ready. I managed to maintain some semblance of control and do my donuts but I just had to "cool guy" it and stay in it while I straightened it out to lay rubber down the street. Ended up going sideways enough to tag a curb rear wheel first and get the passenger half of the car up the curb into some grass. Shut it down immediately to inspect damage and was extremely lucky. Only some road rash on the wheels. After replacing wheels and tires I was mostly forever done doing dumb stuff like that.
Yep, like I always say: don’t nothing good ever happen outside your own crib after midnight! After midnight a lot of stuff seems like a good idea that turns out not to be. Only took me about 50 years to realize that…

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
There isn't an issue with ANY rear wheel drive sports car, Mustang included - with "stepping out"...

The issue is:
When a Mustang does "step out", *some* Drivers don't use common sense, don't know the basics of control and recovery . . . AND won't let up on the throttle...

It's not a "car" problem, it's a person problem.

the end.
Yep, it's just like the gun argument. Guns don't kill people, idiots with guns do!
Sponsored