Sponsored

So I locked myself out of my car on Valentine's weekend....

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I am guessing if you sit in your car long enough with it running and not moving that it will eventually lock. I will try it when I have time to just sit and chill in my car. The car only looks to see if a key is still in the car when you turn it off and exit the car. I am guessing by starting the car with the door open and then getting out and closing the door that the system just assumed the Op was still in the car and eventually locked the doors. Because the car was still running it fully expected a key to be in the car anyway. It is only so smart; It can't search for an actual human being (although you would think they could link the seat modules to identify if someone were sitting there) and only looks for a key. I think starting the car with the door open and never shutting it is the key in "fooling" the sensors. I will test this out this weekend too, I will just have my other Key Fob available in case I lock the other one in.
Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
It's anyone's guess whether they will ever offer it for 2015.
I really love the way the integrated it in the Fusion. They only light up when you swipe your finger over them, and they're completely invisible otherwise.

fsn15_models_detailflip_securicode.jpg

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
From what I'm reading here my take-a-way is never be separated from the fob!

Here's a question in the spirit of this thread that maybe someone can answer. When I went to test drive a '15 the first dealer I went to had lockboxes attached to the driver's side window. Basically, a box that was clamped to the window that held the car's keys that any of the sales guys had a master key to. What I do not know is how the key in that box was not allowing me to unlock the door. Is it as simple as it's a shielded box that "hides" the key from the car or is there some other form of trickery at play?

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
So why didn't you use your free Ford Road Side Assistance that came with the car?

Sponsored

ahduckit

Big timin in a small town
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB mustang
It's a low voltage rf signal. I don't think he can go thru thick metal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
havent been thru the wash yet. will the car stay on if i leave w/ my key in my pocket while it goes thru the hand wash?

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
When remotes became popular I wondered why Ford still used the keypad but when we owned a Windstar and Freestyle we realized we owned a locker on wheels--anything you could be afraid to lose at the beach like wallets and keys could be locked up and accessed without a key--maybe Ford Accessories will offer it

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
When remotes became popular I wondered why Ford still used the keypad but when we owned a Windstar and Freestyle we realized we owned a locker on wheels--anything you could be afraid to lose at the beach like wallets and keys could be locked up and accessed without a key--maybe Ford Accessories will offer it
Exactly! I do this in my Fusion now when I take my dog to the dog park. Lock the phone and wallet and keys in the car and just use the keypad when we're leaving so I'm not running around with that stuff in my pockets and potentially losing it. Wondering how I'm going to achieve the same when the Mustang gets here. :shrug:

I just hate the protruding keypad look.

Greg15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I've had maybe a half dozen times when I get in the car, fob in my pocket, pull the door shut and the horn honks twice. The car always starts though. But it makes me think the detecting the fob in the car system isn't 100% reliable.

Sponsored

arban25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Honestly I would hate for the door to always unlock if the key fob is inside the car while engine is running.. What if there is someone outside of your car trying to get into it and you don't want them in..? Lol

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I've had maybe a half dozen times when I get in the car, fob in my pocket, pull the door shut and the horn honks twice. The car always starts though. But it makes me think the detecting the fob in the car system isn't 100% reliable.
You mean you get in the car while it is running and it does this?

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
LOL.. my 2012 Charger did this to me twice!!! That car hated me!

Greg15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
You mean you get in the car while it is running and it does this?
No, the car is completely off and it honks when I get in.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
No, the car is completely off and it honks when I get in.
Interesting. Something isn't right there (obviously). I could maybe see if it was running and it didn't realize the fob was in the cabin when you shut the door, but if it is not even running...

I'd get it looked at, though if it is not easily reproducible, might be a challenge. 2 months driving my mustang and 2.5 years in wife's Edge and this has never happened.

Do you have the alarm? Maybe something is going on there?
Sponsored