Sponsored

So about the "Venom Kills Demons" statement

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Maybe, but lets face it. Its infinitly more likely that the cars were ran that way, as the aftermarket crates ( hey, literally AFTER market) werent delivered to the owners for some time, and the high 10s, 11s, and 12s were hit. the owners certainly did not want to post them up for a 9 sec claimed car.
Unless.. the vast majority of demon owners didnt hit the strip in the 1st week of ownership? Which is nearly impossible to believe.

but no, the demon will not run 10.1-10.3, as none have ever done that as driven of the showroom floor
Just a thought. Wouldn't it be pretty funny if Ford came out with a GT500 Drag box that said "Venom kills Demons" on the side? Then you bust open the box and its just a set of drag radials, and maybe a set of skinnies? nothing else. No tune, no CAI, just rubber.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Just a thought. Wouldn't it be pretty funny if Ford came out with a GT500 Drag box that said "Venom kills Demons" on the side? Then you bust open the box and its just a set of drag radials, and maybe a set of skinnies? nothing else. No tune, no CAI, just rubber.
I doubt you could crack 9.65 without a tune, so to me its a failed PR fiasco. Also, it may have been a consideration before the dct was used. I feel the dct was likely a last mnute change, and the majoirty of the delay.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
We're still argueing this chestnut? Demon still faster.:lipssealed:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Demon's not a real car: no pass seat, drag radials, skinnies.

Don't @ me
LOL of course its a real car. Built for a singular purpose. Drag racing! Challenge the demon to be within 10 seconds of you. At a road course. If you want to kill Demons. I'm pretty sure he didn't qualify where. When he made the statement. Venom kills demons.The GT500 is much more well rounded.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I doubt you could crack 9.65 without a tune, so to me its a failed PR fiasco. Also, it may have been a consideration before the dct was used. I feel the dct was likely a last mnute change, and the majoirty of the delay.
The DCT was inked long ago.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The DCT was inked long ago.
Can u give me a rough timeline?
I didnt pay attn to the gt500 until.i was cross shopping the used 997 and 350 market, when everyone i knew said skip both wait on gt500 for what want from a car (glad i did)

But from what i gather, the gt500 was "supposed " to be released for MY18.

That lines up with timelines for when tremec embedded with ford to work on it

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I can't speak to any timeline regarding a "supposed" release date of the GT500 being 2018 but I have followed Tremec's development closely and they have been working on this transmission for this car for quite some time now. You have to look at Tremecs mechatronics acquisition, retracted press releases (from a tooling company no less), unauthorized photo releases (the hand on the rotor photo which showed the DCT), Tremec's Zedelgem facility (which did the development work) letting photos of the transmission case slip by, and I reported long ago where Tremec stood in terms of readiness at their new Wixom facility (which is where DCT production occurs).

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
LOL of course its a real car. Built for a singular purpose. Drag racing! Challenge the demon to be within 10 seconds of you. At a road course. If you want to kill Demons. I'm pretty sure he didn't qualify where. When he made the statement. Venom kills demons.The GT500 is much more well rounded.

Well I’m pretty sure the 8 second factory built Cobra Jet takes care of your cute little demon. LOL

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Well I’m pretty sure the 8 second factory built Cobra Jet takes care of your cute little demon. LOL
Not really comparable because the Cobra Jet is a vinless (car)

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Just gonna daily drive that Cobra jet, are ya? Why am I picturing banjo muzic playing. As I read your post?

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Just gonna daily drive that Cobra jet, are ya? Why am I picturing banjo muzic playing. As I read your post?
Never said it was a daily driver. I can’t answer why you hear banjos. Simply pointing out that Ford has a drag car didn’t know there were special rules as to street legal since you are comparing aftermarket mods to a bone stock car.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Never said it was a daily driver. I can’t answer why you hear banjos. Simply pointing out that Ford has a drag car didn’t know there were special rules as to street legal since you are comparing aftermarket mods to a bone stock car.
Ok Im in. Which car isn't stock? I feel like your not totally informed. on how the demon is delivered. Straight from the factory. Please explain the aftermarket mods comment you made.

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Ok Im in. Which car isn't stock? I feel like your not totally informed. on how the demon is delivered. Straight from the factory. Please explain the aftermarket mods comment you made.
As previously discussed the demon crate is considered aftermarket. That’s what I’m referring to. I’m full aware of how the demon is delivered. It’s an impressive straight line machine. But not the end all be all as all demon worshippers profess, I’m simply not gonna drink the demon cool aid. You obviously are a big fan of it, enjoy.
Sponsored