bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
As previously discussed the demon crate is considered aftermarket. That’s what I’m referring to. I’m full aware of how the demon is delivered. It’s an impressive straight line machine. But not the end all be all as all demon worshippers profess, I’m simply not gonna drink the demon cool aid. You obviously are a big fan of it, enjoy.
It has nothing to do with coolaid. I just doubt your going to see basement 10s. Out of a completely stock GT500. I admire your fanboi like enthusiasm though. But enthusiasm isnt going to make the Mustang sixty better, on street tires.
Sponsored

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
It has nothing to do with coolaid. I just doubt your going to see basement 10s. Out of a completely stock GT500. I admire your fanboi like enthusiasm though. But enthusiasm isnt going to make the Mustang sixty better, on street tires.
Well I don’t ever remember saying it would. But who the heck are you calling a fanboi?
Why don’t you go trash people you don’t agree with on your hellkitty forum?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I can't speak to any timeline regarding a "supposed" release date of the GT500 being 2018 but I have followed Tremec's development closely and they have been working on this transmission for this car for quite some time now. You have to look at Tremecs mechatronics acquisition, retracted press releases (from a tooling company no less), unauthorized photo releases (the hand on the rotor photo which showed the DCT), Tremec's Zedelgem facility (which did the development work) letting photos of the transmission case slip by, and I reported long ago where Tremec stood in terms of readiness at their new Wixom facility (which is where DCT production occurs).
right, but im just skeptical of MY 14 ending, and then waiting 6 years for it to come out. the hellcat would have been easy pickings, then the redeye threw a wrench. but the C8 was always going to be what it is, and the dct was liekly always going to be in that. I just get a feeling the timelines matched up, and then DCT+60ish more hp held it off

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I think this is probably accurate.

Cars like the demon will have great variance in times, but perfect conditions will get it into impressive territory.

Meanwhile, the 500 performs to its potential more consistently. there is less to do in order to extract performance. But you can do so repeatedly and without much fuss. Amazing.

so, the demon seems like it may have a tenth or two more in it than the 500 at peak in a straight line. But the 500 will beat it more consistently than the other way around.

the GT500 is unbelievable. Great job Ford.
I do believe there was originally an 800+ figure the engine was designed to produce. But for various reasons, it was dropped down and then back up a bit. Should see a good power bump in another model before too long. Scary to think what it can do.

in the meanwhile, we have real people driving their cars in 10.6 and tags like C and D sandbagging almost a second slower LOL.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I think this is probably accurate.

Cars like the demon will have great variance in times, but perfect conditions will get it into impressive territory.

Meanwhile, the 500 performs to its potential more consistently. there is less to do in order to extract performance. But you can do so repeatedly and without much fuss. Amazing.

so, the demon seems like it may have a tenth or two more in it than the 500 at peak in a straight line. But the 500 will beat it more consistently than the other way around.

the GT500 is unbelievable. Great job Ford.
I do believe there was originally an 800+ figure the engine was designed to produce. But for various reasons, it was dropped down and then back up a bit. Should see a good power bump in another model before too long. Scary to think what it can do.

in the meanwhile, we have real people driving their cars in 10.6 and tags like C and D sandbagging almost a second slower LOL.
Thank you! The demon was designed to do one thing. Go fast in a straight line. Weather and track prep will have the bigger effect on the GT500. More so than driver skill. Bad drivers and high DA. Like the Vegas event.
High 10s low 11s. Moderate Da 10.6s. Extreme negative DA? Who knows? Haven't seen that yet. My educated guess would be 10.4s. A 10.3 would be amazing. Just judging from racing a high powered mustang in such conditions. I don't think the 11.4 was sand bagged. Put a high powered car on the street. Its gonna spin. Even with drag radials. A car making 650+whp and a journalist not used to that kinda power. Come on. The C&D prick. Never had a chance. But right now. If you want an American car. That will shread a road course. And is confirmed to go run 10s. You got to spend 73k for a GT500. Or step up to a 130k ZR1 corvette. Thats pretty good company in my book.

Last edited:

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I am pretty sure the Ford Engineer making the statement about "venom" was speaking the truth from his perception and reality. I don't blame him, and actually agree to a certain extent. Most likely he was forced to retract his emotions due to the PC world we live in in order to pacify the butt hurt folks out there. As far as I am concerned, a car has a steering wheel and should turn in more than one direction fast.

My CFTP will be used on the road course, and there is no way in hell I would track a Redeye or Demon - you don't see them at the road courses. The media, and most Mopar heads are only focused on the straight line comparison between the two, otherwise there is no comparison at all.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)

This is an interesting video by Demonology. I disagree when his guy says he doesn't think you'll be able to get the 60ft times down with the DCT. I really feel with Drag Radials, a tune, and raising the Launch Control RPM it will make a pretty big difference in 60ft times. The rule of thumb in drag racing is "2 on the bottom 1 up top" in drag racing terms meaning 2 tenths in 60ft time equates to about 1 tenth in the 1/4 time. So if we can get those 60ft times down this car is gonna be a monster.

Skip to about 0:40 in the video to hear the discussion regarding the DCT

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

This is an interesting video by Demonology. I disagree when his guy says he doesn't think you'll be able to get the 60ft times down with the DCT. I really feel with Drag Radials, a tune, and raising the Launch Control RPM it will make a pretty big difference in 60ft times. The rule of thumb in drag racing is "2 on the bottom 1 up top" in drag racing terms meaning 2 tenths in 60ft time equates to about 1 tenth in the 1/4 time. So if we can get those 60ft times down this car is gonna be a monster.

I watched that video a few days ago.
Mostly good information.
1 tenth in the 60 foot is 2 tenths in the quarter.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

Seams pretty obvious. The more mods you throw at it. The faster it'll be. Just like any other car.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

2 things.
1- most YouTubers dont know anything. They werent born and raised in racing and only started with the current car they own.

2- reverse that, .1 60' is .2 ET

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
We have members saying once we get to Atco with the great track surface and Low DA the 2020 Shelbygt500 is going to run 10.00ET.Just remember when SpeedPhenoum set the record in Texas the race track surface was great with a 300/500DA.
I am a Ford guy and hope it happens, but have my doubts.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
We have members saying once we get to Atco with the great track surface and Low DA the 2020 Shelbygt500 is going to run 10.00ET.Just remember when SpeedPhenoum set the record in Texas the race track surface was great with a 300/500DA.
I am a Ford guy and hope it happens, but have my doubts.
Should do high 10.3x in hero conditions all stock.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Demon should be 10.0-10.1 bone stock on 808 factory tune....I recorded a few stock redeyes racing...One is a narrow body 100% stock full weight with full interior with a 210 lb driver and 3/4 tank of gas with a 16 gallon tank with only a drag radial...No skinnies up front...This guy did 10.22 at 134...I posted a separate video in the video description of the guy going over his entire car proving that it is all stock right after the 10.22 pass.

A 2nd redeye is a widebody 100% stock with a drag radial but he removed the back seat and passenger seat saving 120 lbs did a 10.15...Add back the weight that is a 10.27...This guy has actually gone 10.10 at 135 in that same set up and he has not even used skinnies yet...Each front wheel and tire on a hellcat widebody is 68 lbs....Skinnies are worth a good tenth with weight and rolling resistance...The Demon and redeye are venom proof on a drag strip stock to stock drag radial to drag radial...Stock tire to stock tire for now I give the GT500 the leg up unless a redeye beats 10.61 then you guys have a claim to fame along with your handling capability...Drag radial to drag radial I do not think GT 500 does better than 10.30...These redeyes are doing 1.42-1.43 60 ft times and I saw the slips myself...GT 500 is not doing a 1.42 60 ft on a drag radial without after market tuning...Who knows that DCT trans may not handle a wicked hard launch and no torque converter may hurt its off the line power...The redeye does have 707 torque and as a push rod engine that also gives it more out of the hole grunt.

My goal with my new FAT CAT is to run 10.09 100% stock with drag radials and radial skinnies on front...I am going to make this happen...Other than that I am doing NOTHING else to my car...When a 2020 GT 500 lines up against me that is what they are facing..Any 100% stock drag radial equip GT 500 will have their hands full taking me on..I am a very experienced racer and I have been racing since 1993...I can cut a killer RT as well..I will put my tires on at my house drive 70 miles to Atco run what I brung then drive home.

I am sure deep 9 second whipple and turbo stangs will be gunning to run me and I will take them on knowing I will not beat them...I race for fun and only care about competing against stock 2020 GT 500's...My main goal is to beat 10.10 which is the best I ever did in the 1/4 a few years back in my N/A 100% 93 octane all steel fully functional street 1968 Camaro I custom built...One day maybe I will chase a 9.98-9.99 by removing my seats...That is pushing it...I believe a car should not be gutted if it is a street car daily driver.

The ultimate car is one that can pop a high 9 here and there but stay 10.0 to avoid getting the boot...Going deep 9's may be fun but not worth the hassle of getting a cage and increasing my odds of breaking....Spending a lot of money on top of a pricey car is something I also want to avoid...I must say I would love to own a GT 500 if I had the money but being a muscle car guy and drag strip guy the FAT CAT Redeye is a better fit for me.

Your 9.97 grocery getter is the perfect car.

Without further Ado...Here are Redeyes in action...

ok, you are muddying the waters a bit. stock + radial isnt stock ( anything other than the NT05R they came with). do we agree on that?

these "stock" hellcat runs are on 93 octane pump gas? no way to verify- not a lot of people ask the good questions

then we get to weight reduction- personally, yanking seats and extra stuff ( tool kits ect) is still stock to ME- but its not a huge portion of the debate here, which is 100% as the car left the dealers lot, and on pump 93

I think we do agree, 100% stock, the g500 will have an issue getting deep 10's. DCT isnt that forgiving, and there is conflicting word on what Launch control is actually doing in this car.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Demon should be 10.0-10.1 bone stock on 808 factory tune....I recorded a few stock redeyes racing...One is a narrow body 100% stock full weight with full interior with a 210 lb driver and 3/4 tank of gas with a 16 gallon tank with only a drag radial...No skinnies up front...This guy did 10.22 at 134...I posted a separate video in the video description of the guy going over his entire car proving that it is all stock right after the 10.22 pass.

A 2nd redeye is a widebody 100% stock with a drag radial but he removed the back seat and passenger seat saving 120 lbs did a 10.15...Add back the weight that is a 10.27...This guy has actually gone 10.10 at 135 in that same set up and he has not even used skinnies yet...Each front wheel and tire on a hellcat widebody is 68 lbs....Skinnies are worth a good tenth with weight and rolling resistance...The Demon and redeye are venom proof on a drag strip stock to stock drag radial to drag radial...Stock tire to stock tire for now I give the GT500 the leg up unless a redeye beats 10.61 then you guys have a claim to fame along with your handling capability...Drag radial to drag radial I do not think GT 500 does better than 10.30...These redeyes are doing 1.42-1.43 60 ft times and I saw the slips myself...GT 500 is not doing a 1.42 60 ft on a drag radial without after market tuning...Who knows that DCT trans may not handle a wicked hard launch and no torque converter may hurt its off the line power...The redeye does have 707 torque and as a push rod engine that also gives it more out of the hole grunt.

My goal with my new FAT CAT is to run 10.09 100% stock with drag radials and radial skinnies on front...I am going to make this happen...Other than that I am doing NOTHING else to my car...When a 2020 GT 500 lines up against me that is what they are facing..Any 100% stock drag radial equip GT 500 will have their hands full taking me on..I am a very experienced racer and I have been racing since 1993...I can cut a killer RT as well..I will put my tires on at my house drive 70 miles to Atco run what I brung then drive home.

I am sure deep 9 second whipple and turbo stangs will be gunning to run me and I will take them on knowing I will not beat them...I race for fun and only care about competing against stock 2020 GT 500's...My main goal is to beat 10.10 which is the best I ever did in the 1/4 a few years back in my N/A 100% 93 octane all steel fully functional street 1968 Camaro I custom built...One day maybe I will chase a 9.98-9.99 by removing my seats...That is pushing it...I believe a car should not be gutted if it is a street car daily driver.

The ultimate car is one that can pop a high 9 here and there but stay 10.0 to avoid getting the boot...Going deep 9's may be fun but not worth the hassle of getting a cage and increasing my odds of breaking....Spending a lot of money on top of a pricey car is something I also want to avoid...I must say I would love to own a GT 500 if I had the money but being a muscle car guy and drag strip guy the FAT CAT Redeye is a better fit for me.

Your 9.97 grocery getter is the perfect car.

Without further Ado...Here are Redeyes in action...

Ask the guy in the second video. If he remembers racing a black GT.:wink: Ive seen High 9 second demons. And very low 10 second redeyes on a tire. Last month. So I don't think you goal is out of reach. If your there alot. You've seen the b5 Blue redeye. Think the owners name is jim. He's went 10.0s@136-37. With a little damper hocus pocus. And removing his swap bar. So the kittys are quick on a tire. It'll be interesting to see what the GT500 will do on a radial. Voodoo is a local guy also. I bet he'd be willing to take a crack at the fat cats. In his GT500.
Sponsored