Sponsored

So about the "Venom Kills Demons" statement

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
There was a hint of the
Possibility that Ford was going to add an electric motor to the gt500 and that would have pushed the power and power management up.

Who knows now.

Owens and the dude from Shelby were besides themselves in that interview.

That was the kind of thing where both guys had the uncontainable look of “you guys don’t even know. I witnessed Godzilla whopping on Ghidorah, but it’s classified and I just can’t contain myself” kind of excitement.

At the time Jim said that, I took it tobmean the gt500 is a cobra and cobras have venom.

After some thought, I speculated that it would be referring to either a KR version, a special tune or crate package - or the additional electric engine

It could be that hacketts hack jobs have reached the gt500, which would mean no frills.

I’m fully expecting s KR though
Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Look up Legion Of Demons before you embarrass yourself any further. 38 bone stock Demons ran 9’s.
Again......show a nine second run where that car is proven to be 100% factory stock straight out of the door?
Zero mods!
This has yet to happen.

Please do not show a all mopar event either.......
Show a run at a track where the car is truly proven to be unmodified while competing against known proven entities who's performance
is documented?
All mopar events and such have been proven to slow down the clocks one tenth per second. <<<<<<<<THIS!

Nobody that has a proven reputation of integrity will step up and make this absurd claim or back that claim of a nine second run by racing
Against another car of proven performance.......this has never happened.

This crap where Glue and Assembly is required while still being considered stock needs to stop!

Prove It!!!!!!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Look up Legion Of Demons before you embarrass yourself any further. 38 bone stock Demons ran 9’s.
Yes, please do that.They were all modified beyond the non oem oem crate package, be it with different wheels tires, rear differential mods etc etc. thanks

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yea they are kinda like the legion of mustang GTs out there running 9s. Not stock.

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
It was just some hyperbole from an excited marketing guy, it doesn't mean anything, happens all the time. Let's get the real car out for testing and see how it performs, I am expecting it to be one of the best (if not the best) all-around performers from any of the big 3.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Again......show a nine second run where that car is proven to be 100% factory stock straight out of the door?
Zero mods!
This has yet to happen.

Please do not show a all mopar event either.......
Show a run at a track where the car is truly proven to be unmodified while competing against known proven entities who's performance
is documented?
All mopar events and such have been proven to slow down the clocks one tenth per second. <<<<<<<<THIS!

Nobody that has a proven reputation of integrity will step up and make this absurd claim or back that claim of a nine second run by racing
Against another car of proven performance.......this has never happened.

This crap where Glue and Assembly is required while still being considered stock needs to stop!

Prove It!!!!!!
There are several Demons that have ran 9 second passes perfectly stock.
I know this for a fact and there are videos.
However to get a 9 second pass it takes the following,
Good driver.
Good da/temp.
Good track prep.
No back seat.
That will be a very high 9 second pass.

There is NO 9.65 !!!!

Most drivers/owners will run low 10s on race gas.

Also remember most Demons have full interior so that makes them a little slower.

On pump gas the Demon will be close to the GT500. Mid to upper 10s.

Hellcat Redeye and GT500 races are going to be very close and should be a lot of fun.

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
As others have said it was a fly by the seat of your pants comment and in retrospect, I’m sure he would take it back. The horsepower bragging rights go dodge but I would love to see a same day/same track/same tire set up/competent drivers head to head gt500 vs Demon. I think the results would surprise some folks.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
lets not forget, that technically, the crate and its performance, i not OEM or street legal..
kaneda.JPG

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
If the GT500 is 200 pounds lighter than the Demon and is using racing gasoline , the 760 HP may slay some Demons. No reason for the Ford rep to take back his statement.

Sponsored

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
No doubt, it was just some shit to say, at the moment - I mean, clearly the GT500 is ridiculously badass, optimal tires/gas vs. a Demon, maybe not, but both cars setup with tires, etc., I think the GT500 is going to be seriously competitive in all kinds of racing.
Oh he definitely does regret it. There's a video floating on Youtube where he was called out on those words a few months ago. He pretty much admitted that he got into a little trouble from Ford and had to backtrack. I gotta give it to him for being honest. Like was said before, just a little too excited about his job and I can't say that I blame him.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
There are several Demons that have ran 9 second passes perfectly stock.
I know this for a fact and there are videos.
However to get a 9 second pass it takes the following,
Good driver.
Good da/temp.
Good track prep.
No back seat.
That will be a very high 9 second pass.

There is NO 9.65 !!!!

Most drivers/owners will run low 10s on race gas.

Also remember most Demons have full interior so that makes them a little slower.

On pump gas the Demon will be close to the GT500. Mid to upper 10s.

Hellcat Redeye and GT500 races are going to be very close and should be a lot of fun.
Why not go on another site and sing about Demons.

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am not singing my dear fellow, just stating the facts.
You are Correct. The Demon box comes with the car right off the showroom so it’s considered stock. The PCM upgrade is covered by the factory warranty. The GT500 will never run 9’s bone stock. The Demon will hold its value much better than the GT500.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
You are Correct. The Demon box comes with the car right off the showroom so it’s considered stock. The PCM upgrade is covered by the factory warranty. The GT500 will never run 9’s bone stock. The Demon will hold its value much better than the GT500.
The demon crate is not allowed to be installed prior to purchase, so its oem developed aftermarket, and is not street legal. Demon is not a street legal 9 sec car
/end debate
Sponsored