Sponsored

Snapped crank: Stage 2 Procharger

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
It be nice if their was a set specification for how tight to tighten the belt on the 8rib setup.I know they have the lines marked on the head unit,but what about when the belt strectches or having to use different size belts because of pulley swaps.
Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Have we seen an event like this on the 2015+ Stage 2 setup? I searched high and low and couldn't find one.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Lets be fair, there are thousands of stage 2 kits on the street /strip hauling the mail with no issues! This is an anomaly no need to panic!!! Paxton guys coming in trashing pro charger because of this incodent, that's pretty low....its likely kicking somone in the head when they're already down and out! Wake up & Check yourselves!!!

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Lets be fair, there are thousands of stage 2 kits on the street /strip hauling the mail with no issues! This is an anomaly no need to panic!!! Paxton guys coming in trashing pro charger because of this incodent, that's pretty low....its likely kicking somone in the head when they're already down and out! Wake up & Check yourselves!!!
Lol but yet on page two you said thats it im going turbo....

I'll trash procharger all I want with my past experience with them.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I cant go turbo when i just got done doing a n/a build i'd have to rip everything apart again.
When i get the money together for an upgrade the simple solution is a centri blower, and since my previous car was a torque boosted Paxton car it only makes sense to go pro charger! I just threw that comment in to see if i'd get a response, and i did! Fools hate, so rave on so that folks will know your identity here on 6g!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Damm man dont do that again lol.I was thinking oh man please dont tell me his crank broke,and then i clicked on the post lol.
Lol yeah I was a little worried folks would think I broke!

First I want to say I am not the least bit worried about mine breaking. I am 100% it was an install error. He says he is a 20 year mechanic etc... but after 186 miles and it snapping there is something else going on here. Now if we see a bunch of 5000 milers popping then I will be the first to pony up for a class action...

Secondly, I really just wanted to share to see if there are "avoidable" install issue that could have caused this. PC being a popular kit if there are things others can avoid that this guy F'd up it would makes sense to bring those issues up. That's why I prefaced the post with stfu about other vs. PC... This is the first time I have even heard of this being an issue and it hasn't been brought up on this forum at all.

It's funny how people say they know 4 or 5 folks this has happened to like that is a ton relative to the amount of kits out there. How many guys on this forum run S2 kits? How many have they sold this year? Not really a relevant worry considering any other 8/10 rib set up does the exact same thing the PC kit does.

As for the Paxton guys who pipe up about how there design is better blah blah... seriously, once you step out of the D1 vs 2200 series blowers Paxton owners just STFU because they just don't compete. So cool story your basic Paxton kit is equal to a D1 set up and you saved 1k on cost. I could give 2 shits about that ugly ass kit that flops its dick over the front of your motor and calls it an intake. Your baby is ugly, so stop trying to tell us it's all about the power. If that were the case you would have gone turbo so go troll else where.

Any Paxton guys feel like getting walked by a PC feel free to come out to Dallas and you can get the business... 93 vs 93 I'll roll your asses...

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I cant go turbo when i just got done doing a n/a build i'd have to rip everything apart again.
When i get the money together for an upgrade the simple solution is a centri blower, and since my previous car was a torque boosted Paxton car it only makes sense to go pro charger! I just threw that comment in to see if i'd get a response, and i did! Fools hate, so rave on so that folks will know your identity here on 6g!!!
Holy sh*t, I was wondering if you were really serious about that turbo thing, being the sh*t load of stuff you just got done. :eyebulge:

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange

First I want to say I am not the least bit worried about mine breaking. I am 100% it was an install error. He says he is a 20 year mechanic etc... but after 186 miles and it snapping there is something else going on here. Now if we see a bunch of 5000 milers popping then I will be the first to pony up for a class action...

Secondly, I really just wanted to share to see if there are "avoidable" install issue that could have caused this. PC being a popular kit if there are things others can avoid that this guy F'd up it would makes sense to bring those issues up. That's why I prefaced the post with stfu about other vs. PC... This is the first time I have even heard of this being an issue and it hasn't been brought up on this forum at all.

It's funny how people say they know 4 or 5 folks this has happened to like that is a ton relative to the amount of kits out there. How many guys on this forum run S2 kits? How many have they sold this year? Not really a relevant worry considering any other 8/10 rib set up does the exact same thing the PC kit does.

As for the Paxton guys who pipe up about how there design is better blah blah... seriously, once you step out of the D1 vs 2200 series blowers Paxton owners just STFU because they just don't compete. So cool story your basic Paxton kit is equal to a D1 set up and you saved 1k on cost. I could give 2 shits about that ugly ass kit that flops its dick over the front of your motor and calls it an intake. Your baby is ugly, so stop trying to tell us it's all about the power. If that were the case you would have gone turbo so go troll else where.

Any Paxton guys feel like getting walked by a PC feel free to come out to Dallas and you can get the business... 93 vs 93 I'll roll your asses...
Lol you mad bro?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto

Thats a good point about something maybe being missed but all the guys running the 8rib on here have not had anything like that happen,except for the guy who had his bolt back out and that was not a procharger fault.It would bd good to have something little more indept on the belt tension other then the lines for marks,but maybe i missed something their!!!.Also one of my biggest reasons for not liking the paxton kit was it looks.Worst looking kit,looks like they spent 20 mins designing that intake setup lol,thats why its so cheap,r&d in that kit is probably from 2007 :lol:

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol yeah trust me, I'll be hating on your proleaker since you'll be slower for more money spent...LOL give me a break.

People already know who I am and what im capable of, Worked on a few people's cars from this forum and many others.

Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Actually its not like others, when i go 8 rib ill still be using my non crank breaking stock belt tensioner, learn before you type.

Lol what a mad bro. Do us paxton guys hurt your feelings often? Sounds like we do. Who cares if its ugly. What times does your slow D1 car run? Bet it isnt even close to what mine runs. Roll race? Cant drive or put up good numbers? Stop bragging about F1 blowers that you dont even have on your car. This guy acts like Vortech/paxton stops making blowers at the 2200. Trust me they have bigger blowers lol.

Last edited:

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll say it too, come to Florida and get the business..... now i fit in with the internet madbro tough guy.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
NOT MINE

Thought I would share.

Now I am a Procharger fan boy and a stage 2 owner. This is the first I have seen of a 15+ snapping the front of the crank off. So rather than focus on Paxton/PC kits that do not use a dedicated drive belt I would like to keep the topic to "what caused this?" and "is it avoidable?"

I have to believe there was an install F up since he has less than 200 miles on it since install.

The guys motor is trashed BTW and everything in it has been destroyed. Would love to understand if this can be avoided and how.

So much for that slow gradual increase in boost won't hurt your motor like a PD blower bahajajajajaj
Sponsored