Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
My '14 has them and I've always liked the look. But, when the '20 came out and I saw how widened the front fender is, I didn't think they'd look very good.

But Mark was the first out of the gate with side stripes and I immediately saw that I had been wrong, they look just as good as those on the '14. So, hims may have to get some. :-)

And here's a comparison of two red ones...

2014-vs-2020_comp.jpg

Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
I'm guessing I should throw up a side shot. :)

NZ7_48081900 (1)500500.jpg
Marklboris, did you have to modify the stripes? I saw on a previous thread that you ordered the stripes. Besides cutting to fit, anything else needed? Thanks.

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Sorry KB, White stripes on the lower third (of most cars) just dint work for me. It just pulls from the composition like a fanny pack on a Kardashian.

edit - have you played with another color, dark red or copper? Love the finish on the 2020 rims, is that nickel?

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The car in the back ground, strip is too high, needs to go lower. Bottom edge of the door at the very least.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
The car in the back ground, strip is too high, needs to go lower.
They're in exactly the same position as it came from the factory. They were replaced to go on top of PPF.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Car in the foreground, has the stripe in the same location. Red splitter makes the quarter look wider in the picture, of the car in the back ground < correction

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I like the side stripe. Looks good.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Stage: The more I see see them, the more I like them as well.

But it just occurred to me that I'd have to have them painted...ugh. Probably won't, then but they do make the car look more like "we think" it should. :-)

Mark, the black is killer and that's what was making me think about mine. I like the white on the Race Red car but it just looks more "sinister" in black. I know an excellent "body man" but I don't have a clue whether he could handle that or not. I suppose I could cut a negative decal, set it in place, tape the car off, and let him paint. I'm guessing that's the easiest way to make it look decent. Some color coats and then three or four coats of clear. I'm thinking that's not gonna be cheap, even if I can could find someone to duit.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Stage: The more I see see them, the more I like them as well.

But it just occurred to me that I'd have to have them painted...ugh. Probably won't, then but they do make the car look more like "we think" it should. :-)

Mark, the black is killer and that's what was making me think about mine. I like the white on the Race Red car but it just looks more "sinister" in black. I know an excellent "body man" but I don't have a clue whether he could handle that or not. I suppose I could cut a negative decal, set it in place, tape the car off, and let him paint. I'm guessing that's the easiest way to make it look decent. Some color coats and then three or four coats of clear. I'm thinking that's not gonna be cheap, even if I can could find someone to duit.
I bought a set for the incoming 500. It will be the same as @marklboris has on his car. All credit due him. I thank him for his help.

Last time I looked KB, We couldn't order side stripes. Our painted on stripes negated our option. Thanks to Mark, the sidesteipes will be better than OEM..... however i wish it was a painted on option.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Marklboris, did you have to modify the stripes? I saw on a previous thread that you ordered the stripes. Besides cutting to fit, anything else needed? Thanks.
No, did not modify at all. Bought the stripes from Luke at Dealer Graphics Direct. They are NOT precut so that way I can cut them were I want and wrap them around the fenders and doors so as not to have a gap. Other places I looked at have them precut like the factory stripes from Ford. http://www.dealergraphicsdirect.com/product-p/fx-700-oe500.htm

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
wow, what's the odds of that. We were posting at the same time.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase