Side Stripes

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom: I'm gonna ask around about the painted option.
Last I saw, If you got the painted stripes, you couldn't get the vinyl side stripes.

side stripes.jpg
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I meant painted locally, not at the factory or The Penske Prison. :-)
Oh, gotcha. I don't know if I would do that. You know me, if it aint on the VIN, don't make a permanent change.

But then again, I'm the guy who keeps the original factory cover in its sealed box (but then tracks his car, lol)

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I DID think about that little diddy after my post, Tom, and you're right, I believe. Therefive, I may just order a set from one of those outfits.

As for your OCD, most of us suffer from it to one degree or another I'd guess although of course, there are exceptions to every rule.

Yeah, I think I can deal with vinyl side stripes as nice as Mark's. When I replaced them on my '14, it was really pretty easy as the OEM provided alignment marks on the transfer tape. (Did yours have those, Mark?) Without some sort of registration, it could be a real pain to get that long decal dead straight.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I DID think about that little diddy after my post, Tom, and you're right, I believe. Therefive, I may just order a set from one of those outfits.

As for your OCD, most of us suffer from it to one degree or another I'd guess although of course, there are exceptions to every rule.

Yeah, I think I can deal with vinyl side stripes as nice as Mark's. When I replaced them on my '14, it was really pretty easy as the OEM provided alignment marks on the transfer tape. (Did yours have those, Mark?) Without some sort of registration, it could be a real pain to get that long decal dead straight.
My stripes shipped yesterday. Mark is very particular about things, so im sure that his lead will be exceptional

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The car in the back ground, strip is too high, needs to go lower. Bottom edge of the door at the very least.
strongly disagree. the running boards area is entirely too busy as it is. Unfortunately the side of the S550 isn't as conducive to mid-door stripes but I think it could work out. I'm toying with putting '70 Mach1 stripes on the S550 as far as positioning is concerned. I need to find me some 2.5" masking take and do a Mach-up.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
You know him pretty well and, so does your wife. ;-)
The milkman? The FPL guy? The gardener? Pool boy?

Wait.... we don't have a pool.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I also ordered a set like Marks. I may be the first one with white side stripes to do it. I will cut mine like factory though, I am only replacing the fender portion, so I want them to match.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
No alignment marks or anything. Just a long strip you have to cut where you want for each section. I actually did one side but it did not come out as well as I liked. Not that it was not straight but the tape had a lot of little bubbles in it and at the time I did not have my lift so I was working close to the ground. I had to order a second set and had my window tint guy install them. While he did a good job, the front fenders with the GT500 wording was not straight. The fender bows out at the end closest to the wheel opening and if you actually keep it straight, it looks crooked because of the bow so he had to angle it up a bit to make it look straight when it actually isn't. Kind of a pain but if you get someone that is familiar with installing stripes, there shouldn't be any issues.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
I also ordered a set like Marks. I may be the first one with white side stripes to do it. I will cut mine like factory though, I am only replacing the fender portion, so I want them to match.
Jaime, I am not sure the height of my stripes are exactly the same as the OEM stripes that you have. I don't know the height of mine off hand and I am down in SoCal (Joshua Tree National Park) and won't be home until Sunday to measure mine. Let me know the height of the OEM stripes and I will get back to you Sunday.