Show me your Cage

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The time has come to focus on safety. I am thinking about a 6 point Watson or a full custom cage. I would love to see examples and reviews of the cages you have. I have seen a tig vision cage and it looked great but FL is a long haul for me.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If you use the car for anything besides racing. Consider swing outs. Its brutal crawling over the roll bar.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
If you use the car for anything besides racing. Consider swing outs. Its brutal crawling over the roll bar.
The watson 6pt you can pretty easily remove the door bars when not racing. Swing outs with the little pins or whatever you might as well not even have and just do 4 pt. They shear in a heartbeat in a bad wreck.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
If you are in the 9's a 6pt bar is worthless. Anything faster than 9.99 or 135mph needs a certified cage.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
You are in VA why not just send it to JPC and let them put in a good cert. cage.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
You are in VA why not just send it to JPC and let them put in a good cert. cage.
I am not a huge fan of JPC. In the past they could not give me a firm price on anything and I have seen them mislead a few people on mods.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I am not a huge fan of JPC. In the past they could not give me a firm price on anything and I have seen them mislead a few people on mods.
Fair enough. Sounds about the same when I tried and tried to get them to sell me the S550 single turbo kit for my 2016 they have/had on their site only come to find out the kits farmed out same with alot of engine work they send to RGR.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Fair enough. Sounds about the same when I tried and tried to get them to sell me the S550 single turbo kit for my 2016 they have/had on their site only come to find out the kits farmed out same with alot of engine work they send to RGR.
There is a local company that did the cage in Jon Lunds car and a few others called 1320 fabrications. They quoted me 3200 for 8.50 cage if I bring the car with interior removed. I have heard good things about their work other than the paint job on the cage.

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
3200 seems reasonable. i was talking to a guy recently who has a tig vision cage and i believe he said it was like $4975.

What are everyones thoughts on safety on the street? im really concerned about the potential for hitting your head on the bar in a accident on the street when you ARENT wearing a helmet. could make a minor accident a major one...

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I run a Watson Racing 10 point. I personally think it's a fantastic setup. Clearance is great. Safety while driving on the street is a concern with a 10 point and most will recommend not doing so but it's the nature of the beast. I personally don't like swing outs and have zero issues going in and out of my cage. I should mention I'm 6'1", 320lbs. I also run Kirkeys/FatFabs brackets so that affords me more clearance. If you're close to NC, I know someone who can install the cage for a fair price and he does fantastic work. Welds are mint. NHRA cert inspectors at Hot Rod Drag Week couldn't say enough about his work. I'll see if I have any pics I can share. Maybe I'll make a thread.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I run a Watson Racing 10 point. I personally think it's a fantastic setup. Clearance is great. Safety while driving on the street is a concern with a 10 point and most will recommend not doing so but it's the nature of the beast. I personally don't like swing outs and have zero issues going in and out of my cage. I should mention I'm 6'1", 320lbs. I also run Kirkeys/FatFabs brackets so that affords me more clearance. If you're close to NC, I know someone who can install the cage for a fair price and he does fantastic work. Welds are mint. NHRA cert inspectors at Hot Rod Drag Week couldn't say enough about his work. I'll see if I have any pics I can share. Maybe I'll make a thread.
I would love to see pictures and I am interested in you installer. I have a house in NC and go down frequently.

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would love to see pictures and I am interested in you installer. I have a house in NC and go down frequently.
Josh Stroud handled my install. I can put you in touch with him if you're interested. Here are some pics of my cage. There have been revisions since we installed this to allow for better clearance along the A-pillars and Stroud has modified the front cross bar (header) to tuck it in a little better. I'll toss some pics of the car he's working on now when I can grab some photos.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Josh Stroud handled my install. I can put you in touch with him if you're interested. Here are some pics of my cage. There have been revisions since we installed this to allow for better clearance along the A-pillars and Stroud has modified the front cross bar (header) to tuck it in a little better. I'll toss some pics of the car he's working on now when I can grab some photos.

I think he might be working on my buddy's white GT now if it is the same guy.

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think he might be working on my buddy's white GT now if it is the same guy.
Steve's car? Armageddon equipped 17? Probably the same guy. Does fantastic work.