Sponsored

Should I get active exhaust?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I am biased because I have it but I love that I can run my longtubes into an H pipe into factory AE and still have reasonable cold starts and be very quiet while driving if desired. Or I can wake the dead.
Sponsored

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
If you already have a aftermarket exhaust and you like it, just stick with what you have if you don’t need to be quiet. I was wanting it but at the end of the day, I wouldn’t have utilized it as much as these other people do here.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
While I don't have a GT, I absolutely love it on the EB. Like said, great for quiet cold starts and cruising on the highway with minimal drone. Want to have fun? Set it to track and let the engine speak. It's like a giggle switch for me lol.

If you don't care about how loud you are, I'd say forgo it. There are also options that allow you to install non-AE onto an AE car and keep codes from being set, if you decide to order it and don't like it.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Can you get active exhausr for the ecoboost? The ecoboost is not that loud

Sponsored

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I regretted not getting it on my PP2. It’s also an easier car to sell with the active exhaust. A no brained imo

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
No code thrown deleting the AE, an occasional, AE inactive will pop up, ignition on, and clears most times the car ignores it..

I think not tracking it, the only time that is seen. First fire after car comes out of deep sleep.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If you already have a aftermarket exhaust and you like it, just stick with what you have if you don’t need to be quiet. I was wanting it but at the end of the day, I wouldn’t have utilized it as much as these other people do here.
Agree with this since OP said being quiet at certain times isn't important.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
You could take the A/C off my car before the AE.

I just wish I could super glue the selector switch to track and not have to reset it.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Can you get active exhausr for the ecoboost? The ecoboost is not that loud
Yup, has to be built with it unless someone found a way around that. Standard on the HPP. Still quiet at idle compared to the 5.0, but gets louder under load.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Yup, has to be built with it unless someone found a way around that. Standard on the HPP. Still quiet at idle compared to the 5.0, but gets louder under load.
It can be added after the fact, I did it to my GT. Wasn't easy and you have to get lucky with harness and relay/fuse being in place from the factory.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-active-exhaust-install-guide.101913/

Discussion is about GT but everything discussed should apply to 2019+ Eco, start by looking for connector in back and relay/fuse in fusebox and go from there.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Have had it only a few days on the new car, but was a feature that sold me when I demo'ed it. Its kinda like infinite seat control, you only use 3 settings. Alert, relaxed and BJ. :bandit:
Quiet at 6am going to work, set in auto schedule - and track. Best of both worlds.

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
ae is really nice. not necessary. i mostly run it loud. it sounds great. its nice to be able to dim the dB's out of respect for others or if you're on a long drive and want it quieter.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think for someone who likes loud exhaust and doesn't ever need the car to be quiet, AE is an unnecessary expense.

Having said that, I mostly loved it in my GT350. Quiet for cruising, but loud when I wanted that. However one thing I've never liked about Ford's current active exhaust is it's always loud at full throttle.

I prefer the car to be quiet at any throttle position if I set quiet mode. I decided my current GT will just be quiet all the time, because I prefer that over having it be loud when I don't want it to be.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
No, defeats the purpose of the car. :devil:
Sponsored