Sponsored

Should I buy a mach 1?

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Sounds like he’s passing on this one and I agree with all the sentiments we provided to him. BS fees and over taxation made this deal shaky from the start. Kudos to you OP for asking our opinion, always helps to have very cautious (and maybe crusty because we are sick of the BS) folks looking out for you.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The number of "deals" that are showing up on Mustang FB groups is absolutely stupid. These sales people have the nerve to post their ADM's publicly and get nothing but reamed by everyone (myself included) calling out their BS and telling their bosses to shove it up their asses. Just today I saw a Mustang GT Premium about an hour south of me marked up to $68,000.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
The number of "deals" that are showing up on Mustang FB groups is absolutely stupid. These sales people have the nerve to post their ADM's publicly and get nothing but reamed by everyone (myself included) calling out their BS and telling their bosses to shove it up their asses. Just today I saw a Mustang GT Premium about an hour south of me marked up to $68,000.
The sad thing is even you refuse to pay any mark-up and tell them it's all BS, they will just laugh cause they know someone else will walk in an hour later and happily pay $10k ADM.
The dealers aren't necessarily the bad guys here. If everyone refused to pay mark-ups, they would make zero sales, forcing them to drop the prices. It's the a-holes who actually pay these mark-ups that are screwing over everyone else.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If you want black
It's the a-holes who actually pay these mark-ups that are screwing over everyone else.
we should have vigilante beatings of these people ruining it for the rest of us. :)

Actually I doubt "ADM" even registers in the buyer's mind as the sales guy buries the customer in a blizzard of words and paperwork. So many people don't even bother to read anything, they just respond like a trained monkey to "sign here, here and here".

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
It’s the “I want in now” crowd who don’t see the tangible side of money but rather view it as something that is ”just there” either with a credit card, loan, etc. if these doorknobs had to pay in cash (even just the down payment), ADM might feel a lot different plunking down a four inch thick wad of hundred dollar bills on a salivating salesman‘s desk, only to learn that’s all to the dealer for the privilege of doing business with them.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t faukt the deakers
I faukt the buyers
They are the dumb ones buying them

my iPhone messed words up

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Thank you. I can afford it, just hate over paying for things. Plus, I am on the fence with the car. It’s nice, but didn’t blow my socks off. I’d love to have one, but only if I can get a decent deal. They have about $1700 worth of profit built in (dealer fee and protection package). That’s what I wanted them to take off and they wouldn’t.
I always refuse all dealership extras. Still to this day I have never paid over MSRP for a new car. In fact the last 2 cars I bought were under MSRP (even during the pandemic). But I live in the Midwest.

I would ask them if you can custom order a car and agree to MSRP with no extras.

If you are asking a opinion on the MACH 1. Personally I can`t justify spending that much on a mustang. But we have all different taste and financial situations.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s the “I want in now” crowd who don’t see the tangible side of money but rather view it as something that is ”just there” either with a credit card, loan, etc. if these doorknobs had to pay in cash (even just the down payment), ADM might feel a lot different plunking down a four inch thick wad of hundred dollar bills on a salivating salesman‘s desk, only to learn that’s all to the dealer for the privilege of doing business with them.
I smell a new legislative opportunity.

All ADM and sales tax has to be paid in cash. You have to stack it in 2 neat bundles on the sales guy's desk. Maybe then it'll sink in...

The quickest way to a revolution is to make people write a check quarterly/end of year to the gov't instead of taking the funds surreptitiously out of one's pay check weekly/monthly.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just yesterday, my buddy told me he was at the dealership where I bought my first Harley Davidson Street Glide Special from in 2015. When shopping for this bike, I found out through internet research. what the dealer paid for the bike and split the markup in half, meaning they make half and I save half (trying to be fair) and the deal went smoothly. Fast forward to 2018, I went back to the same dealer to buy a 115th Anniversary Street Glide Special and they did a 180 on me. When I walked in, it felt like every sales associate (including the GM), had their pants unzipped with their pee-pees hanging out, ready to screw me over. The bike in question had an MSRP of $26,499 and the salesman and GM told me that they wanted $32,900 for it. I immediately left the dealership and the following week, drove 4 hours east of where I lived and bought the same bike for MSRP.

Now back to yesterday, my buddy sent me a pic of the warehouse portion of the greedy dealership, which for years stocked no less than 250+ new bikes. The pic showed roughly 20 bikes in the warehouse. He also said there were only three new bikes on lthe showroom floor and the rest were used. It looks/sounds like this particular dealership is now struggling. While I never wish any bad luck on anyone, I have to say I don’t feel bad for them. This is also the same dealership that told my brother: “The more money you pay for the bike you want, the happier you’ll be!” I thought that was one of the most ridiculous statements that a person could ever make. My brother also ended up driving 4 hours east and bought his bike at the same dealership I bought my second HD from.

The moral of this story is, if you walk into a dealership and feel like the sales staff have their pants unzipped and pee-pees hanging out, do an about face and get the hell out of there immediately. Lastly, there are some dealerships (although few and far between), that want to be fair, but it may require taking a trip to get that deal.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just yesterday, my buddy told me he was at the dealership where I bought my first Harley Davidson Street Glide Special from in 2015. When shopping for this bike, I found out through internet research. what the dealer paid for the bike and split the markup in half, meaning they make half and I save half (trying to be fair) and the deal went smoothly. Fast forward to 2018, I went back to the same dealer to buy a 115th Anniversary Street Glide Special and they did a 180 on me. When I walked in, it felt like every sales associate (including the GM), had their pants unzipped with their pee-pees hanging out, ready to screw me over. The bike in question had an MSRP of $26,499 and the salesman and GM told me that they wanted $32,900 for it. I immediately left the dealership and the following week, drove 4 hours east of where I lived and bought the same bike for MSRP.

Now back to yesterday, my buddy sent me a pic of the warehouse portion of the greedy dealership, which for years stocked no less than 250+ new bikes. The pic showed roughly 20 bikes in the warehouse. He also said there were only three new bikes on lthe showroom floor and the rest were used. It looks/sounds like this particular dealership is now struggling. While I never wish any bad luck on anyone, I have to say I don’t feel bad for them. This is also the same dealership that told my brother: “The more money you pay for the bike you want, the happier you’ll be!” I thought that was one of the most ridiculous statements that a person could ever make. My brother also ended up driving 4 hours east and bought his bike at the same dealership I bought my second HD from.

The moral of this story is, if you walk into a dealership and feel like the sales staff have their pants unzipped and pee-pees hanging out, do an about face and get the hell out of there immediately. Lastly, there are some dealerships (although few and far between), that want to be fair, but it may require taking a trip to get that deal.
Which is why majority of the dealerships just need to go. I shouldn't have to travel 900 miles to get the car I want at a fair price and then have to work on shipping it to me or driving it back. It's 2022 for crying out loud. I should be able to just order what I want and have it delivered to my door or a service\new online order facility.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang orders including Mach1 (but not GT500) are 2-4% BELOW invoice all day every day at Ourisman Ford Manassas VA, Chapman Ford Horsham PA, or Grainger Ford IA. So it's not like you don't have options to save some decent coin or use them as a reference to hammer the local dealer down a peg.

Ourisman's on-lot inventory pricing is a bit of a mixed bag (not sure what's up with that, clerical error?) but you should have Zero problems walking out of there with a deal between MSRP and Invoice.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
your profile says Florida. 4hrs east of you is about a 80 miles into the Atlantic. :)
Haha, that’s good, I like that! Yeah, there’s only one Ford dealership out in the Atlantic that I’m aware of and they sell every vehicle for way under MSRP (with flood insurance), just for the brave souls that are willing to travel there.

OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
So I paid $40k for my Camaro and I’m being offer $39-$42 for it after driving for a year and putting 12,000 miles on it. Do you think I could do the same with a mach1? Drive it for a year and sell it for what I paid?

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Mustang orders including Mach1 (but not GT500) are 2-4% BELOW invoice all day every day at Ourisman Ford Manassas VA, Chapman Ford Horsham PA, or Grainger Ford IA. So it's not like you don't have options to save some decent coin or use them as a reference to hammer the local dealer down a peg.

Ourisman's on-lot inventory pricing is a bit of a mixed bag (not sure what's up with that, clerical error?) but you should have Zero problems walking out of there with a deal between MSRP and Invoice.
Thats true and I got mine from Chapman, (4% under invoice). The thing is that is was a long wait, well wroth it for me but a 2022 Mach1 may never get built , ever , at some point here. So the other option is to pay up. I d say MSRP is likely but don t pay ADM, or just buy mine with the added ADM, LOL.
Sponsored