Sponsored

Should I buy a mach 1?

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
So I paid $40k for my Camaro and I’m being offer $39-$42 for it after driving for a year and putting 12,000 miles on it. Do you think I could do the same with a mach1? Drive it for a year and sell it for what I paid?
sure, if it was bought right.
Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I paid $40k for my Camaro and I’m being offer $39-$42 for it after driving for a year and putting 12,000 miles on it. Do you think I could do the same with a mach1? Drive it for a year and sell it for what I paid?
and if you bought a new Camaro now you may not have the same result. what s your point/question?
Are your numbers including tax?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
probably not. The market is highly distorted right now. I very much doubt the same conditions will exist next year.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven t had mine a full year but certainly can re sell for more than I paid.
No one knows for sure, if thing continue then YES if things fall to sh$$$ then NO. I wouldn't t buy a car base on any of this.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven t had mine a full year but certainly can re sell for more than I paid.
I've had the '21 leftover EB 100A (as base as it gets) for 2 months and 1000 miles and can sell it for 3-5k more than I bought it for and that's even including the 4.05% sales tax in the baseline price.

I bought a ton of upgrades (IRS fixes, Mishi radiator, CF intercooler and piping, GT 2.5" exhaust with Y-pipe, and 6-pot+rear brake upgrades) that just haven't been installed yet.

Last edited:

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Mustang orders including Mach1 (but not GT500) are 2-4% BELOW invoice all day every day at Ourisman Ford Manassas VA, Chapman Ford Horsham PA, or Grainger Ford IA. So it's not like you don't have options to save some decent coin or use them as a reference to hammer the local dealer down a peg.

Ourisman's on-lot inventory pricing is a bit of a mixed bag (not sure what's up with that, clerical error?) but you should have Zero problems walking out of there with a deal between MSRP and Invoice.
It is still a gamble with the dealers that offer below invoice but only get 3-4 allocations per month. I took a gamble and ordered from Granger on 11/1/21 for 2% below invoice.

Glad I bought a 2021 Mach 1 locally for MSRP in Feb of 2022 because my order for a 2022 with Granger has still NOT been scheduled. It's a crap shoot if it will even get built. So yeah, roll the dice with ordering below invoice, but be aware you might not get a vehicle.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Nothing in the world pisses me off more than dealer “protection package”, such outrageous obnoxious bullshit.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
It is still a gamble with the dealers that offer below invoice but only get 3-4 allocations per month. I took a gamble and ordered from Granger on 11/1/21 for 2% below invoice.

Glad I bought a 2021 Mach 1 locally for MSRP in Feb of 2022 because my order for a 2022 with Granger has still NOT been scheduled. It's a crap shoot if it will even get built. So yeah, roll the dice with ordering below invoice, but be aware you might not get a vehicle.
spot on! something the dealer doesnt tell us and I never realized prior to placing my order.

Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Is this your DD? If not, then if I were in your shoes, I would sell the Camaro now and then sit on the cash for a little bit. With interest rates and inflation going up demand will slack off and you will see all the B.S. dealer fees and markups start to go away.

I may get flamed for this, but I also am not sure the M1 is worth it. You could get a GT and with the money you save, invest in performance upgrades that that will more than make up for the stock M1 gains. Ford is making a lot of extra profit on those M1 badges.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I may get flamed for this, but I also am not sure the M1 is worth it.
You will, but not by the GT350 guys 😁

The M1 is very cool - it is probably worth it if someone has the scratch and wants a badass ride

OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Is this your DD? If not, then if I were in your shoes, I would sell the Camaro now and then sit on the cash for a little bit. With interest rates and inflation going up demand will slack off and you will see all the B.S. dealer fees and markups start to go away.

I may get flamed for this, but I also am not sure the M1 is worth it. You could get a GT and with the money you save, invest in performance upgrades that that will more than make up for the stock M1 gains. Ford is making a lot of extra profit on those M1 badges.
Just a weekend car to have fun in. That’s good advice. Thank you.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I would go the other way and get the M1. Tremec is worth it plus all the GT350/500 goodies that are on the car that the GT doesn't get. Can you make more power cheaper, sure. resale should be better on the M1. Really depends on your budget and how good you are in finding the right car and not overpaying.
Sponsored