OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I would hit up Cargurus, open it to a nationwide search - search for the same Mach 1 and see if their deal is good or not.

Me personally, I would walk if they can't remove the $995 and $799 BS. What is a "pre delivery fee" of $799??? The MSRP already covers any destination/delivery fees... there going to charge for a 2nd delivery fee? Are they delivering it to your home?

The $995? It's typical Dealer "add on" BS that you probably can't account for anything physical at all - except for the "edge guards". Even BS edge guards you can get on eBay, Amazon or local parts store for $10.00. Charging for locking lugs? Doesn't the M1 come with locking lugs standard with one of the option packages? Does it really have full aftermarket tinted windows??

AND - why are they charging you TAX 2x??? Tax on "fees" and tax on the vehicle?? That's some BS there.

Tell them you want to the full "relative allowance" on the left as your trade in - not just the $42k. After all, it's says right there if you were to sell your trade outright, you'd get $44k. LMAO.

Find a similar new M1 match on Cargurus - even if it's not local to you - print it, bring it to the Dealer. Tell them you'll walk and will buy the car in the Cargurus ad if they can't loose the $799 and $995 respectively, and adjust the "tax".
Thank you, I agree on those fees as being baloney. I would have bought it had they removed those fees today. I appreciate the advice regarding price matching with car gurus. I didn’t look at that angle because I thought these things were rare to find at a dealer sitting on the lot.
Sponsored

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
We were just talking about these cars on the Mach 1 order thread.
I think there are two there at Coggins.
Ordering, 3-4% below invoice seems to be the going deal....but be prepared for a long wait.
On an in stock unit, MSRP is a decent deal these days.
Pass on the needless add ons.
Just tax and maybe a doc fee of no more than $700 or $800.
If you can get that, and a decent trade value, which sounds like you are, then go for it.
Like someone else posted here...
A Mach 1 in the garage is worth two on order!

OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
We were just talking about these cars on the Mach 1 order thread.
I think there are two there at Coggins.
Ordering, 3-4% below invoice seems to be the going deal....but be prepared for a long wait.
On an in stock unit, MSRP is a decent deal these days.
Pass on the needless add ons.
Just tax and maybe a doc fee of no more than $700 or $800.
If you can get that, and a decent trade value, which sounds like you are, then go for it.
Like someone else posted here...
A Mach 1 in the garage is worth two on order!
Thanks. I spoke with the salesman again re taking off the delivery fee and protection package and they told me the price they gave me is the bottom line. So I guess I’ll have to pass on this car. I doubt it will sit long enough for them to change their mind. But who knows.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Are you sure MSRP is $61,520? That is the total "Value market adjustment price" plus the bogus protection package that doesn't actually look like it does much (window tint edge guards??) listed on the sheet, but that doesn't mean it is Ford's MSRP.

I'd find the sticker if I were you to confirm the MSRP.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Thanks. I spoke with the salesman again re taking off the delivery fee and protection package and they told me the price they gave me is the bottom line. So I guess I’ll have to pass on this car. I doubt it will sit long enough for them to change their mind. But who knows.
They were a bit below MSRP, which looks great at first... until they padded it with baloney.
There's one near me that's my exact order, less the handling pack.
They wouldn't come off their $5k ADM.

Sponsored

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Are you sure MSRP is $61,520? That is the total "Value market adjustment price" plus the bogus protection package that doesn't actually look like it does much (window tint edge guards??) listed on the sheet, but that doesn't mean it is Ford's MSRP.

That's about the pre-price hike price on a loaded non-hp car.
20220525_172107.jpg

OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger

Msrp is $61,520. I saw the window sticker.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, all are around $39-$41. Sticker price on the Camaro was $40k.
you're getting gyp'd on trade-in value. And the dealer "add in" is total rubbish and huge ripoff.

I wouldn't buy for more than MSRP period, and strike the TWO !! dealer addons (799, 995), and need 43k MINIMUM on trade-in value.

because I thought these things were rare to find at a dealer sitting on the lot.
not so much. That said most of them sitting on lots have a $5000 ADM or more tacked on.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pony fever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1, 2013 fusion titanium
They should take some off for the locking wheels. It's on the window sticker that it is included on the mach 1. So they are making you pay for that twice. And I've never bought a car from a dealer that didn't include a full tank of gas and detail on pick up. Good luck

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Thank you. I’m having a hard time determining “ the invoice price” on the car. I love the Camaro, it’s a weekend car and doesn’t get driven much. But I feel the Mach 1 is more rare, looks better and certainly handles better and is just an all around upgrade.
You an ask them directly for the invoice, a good dealer will show you. The ratio between the MSRP and invoice changes a bit due to options on that particular car. A rule of thumb is invoice is likely 3-4% off MSRP.

understanding invoice, MSRP, destination fee and holdback will allow you to determine the amount they are likely in for with that car or very close to reality.

• Example: Base Invoice + Options + Destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
  • What is holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Ford holdback is 3% MSRP, but this might be outdated.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ask them to drop the dealer prep fee as well and tell them that you’ll inspect and clean your own car.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The ratio between the MSRP and invoice
is 4.5-4.7% below (MSRP - transport)

"cost" to the dealer is somewhere between 10-12% below (MSRP - transport) for Mustang and 15% or little more for F-150. Remember, nobody works for free.

Last edited:
OP
OP

obijack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
They should take some off for the locking wheels. It's on the window sticker that it is included on the mach 1. So they are making you pay for that twice. And I've never bought a car from a dealer that didn't include a full tank of gas and detail on pick up. Good luck
Good catch, I didn’t realize the Mach 1 came with locks already! Thank you
Sponsored