Sponsored

Should I be worried - interior windscreen condensation (again!)?

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
Ball ache yes but actually i think an obscure mechanical issue would be more off putting for me personally. This is almost a cosmetic issue which sits better with me. Chasing a leak is such a long winded process and it makes me a little sqeemish to know that its been taken apart twice now, i’d accept that after many years not months.

Ecoboost was solid in the 18 months I had it. Had a case of squeeky brakes but that was pretty much it, fine after a clean.

Dealership that have it currently speculate i’ve had the leak from factory which makes a lot of sense. Very subtle leak but back end of 2017 we had a lot of snow, multiple days the stang sat on the driveway with a blanket of snow/ice, as it thawed, thats when my interior became waterlogged. So this was 6 months in to ownership. Throughout the summer obviously less noticeable and somewhat managed by the AC cycles but it was always lurking. Cold weather hits and bam, here I am again :(
Sounds like a nightmare especially as they keep taking it apart. Not the dream really. I'm not sure Flat Rock is that good, but hey on the bright side it's not Tesla or JLR

I've found a dealer I really like and trust for anything I want done to mine. They have been great with me and the car. They had rip the interior out to replace the GPS antenna a couple of weeks ago and everything felt better afterwards. They even corrected my headlight alignment without asking (one of the techs noticed it)

I bought her from Allen Ford in Warwick but it's too far to go for servicing and stuff - 120 mile round trip.

I really really hope you get yours fixed soon
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You make an interesting point - a few have said that having it taken apart/put back together is actually a good thing. Especially if you find a good dealership/technician that will see to any and every issue they find along the way - i feel like i have that this year.

It will get sorted, and pick up day will be great - no leak, new exhaust & not having driven for such a long period is always a nice feeling when you get behind the wheel again :)

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
You make an interesting point - a few have said that having it taken apart/put back together is actually a good thing. Especially if you find a good dealership/technician that will see to any and every issue they find along the way - i feel like i have that this year.

It will get sorted, and pick up day will be great - no leak, new exhaust & not having driven for such a long period is always a nice feeling when you get behind the wheel again :)
It was definitely a benefit for me, everything just felt "tighter" and there was a peice of interior trim that was properly seated in the passenger footwell centre stack.

I can't wait for Spring to arrive. I'm a crazy person as I get up and hit the road around 30 mins before sunrise when the roads are empty so I can actually "drive" before the fun police get up and the Omni speed 37mph pensioners hit the A/B roads. By the time the wife gets up I'm home with 80 miles under my belt. I did the EVO triangle last year at 4:30am before the camera vans arrived I find if you want to "drive" in the UK you have to get up early.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Hopefully you won't mind if I add to that list, not bonnet drawings!!

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hopefully you won't mind if I add to that list, not bonnet drawings!!
Lol yes indeed. A fact I shall remind Ford of when I send in my complaint again!

I am concerned about the paintwork though - all that water testing, hard water sat on the paintwork. I'm sure they'll be keen to wash it before they give it back & as much as I value & trust their services, you all know how I am when it comes to detailing!
I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I was planning on giving it a polish anyway when the weather gets better so no drama I guess if they do go ahead & wash it.

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Definitely sounds as though you're in the hands of a good Ford shop now, fingers crossed for you getting this sorted for peace of mind and enjoyment of driving your Mustang, from now on.
:thumbsup:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Lol yes indeed. A fact I shall remind Ford of when I send in my complaint again!

I am concerned about the paintwork though - all that water testing, hard water sat on the paintwork. I'm sure they'll be keen to wash it before they give it back & as much as I value & trust their services, you all know how I am when it comes to detailing!
I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I was planning on giving it a polish anyway when the weather gets better so no drama I guess if they do go ahead & wash it.
Sorry to read of your nightmare time, hopefully you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, good luck :thumbsup:

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Sounds like a nightmare especially as they keep taking it apart. Not the dream really. I'm not sure Flat Rock is that good, but hey on the bright side it's not Tesla or JLR

I've found a dealer I really like and trust for anything I want done to mine. They have been great with me and the car. They had rip the interior out to replace the GPS antenna a couple of weeks ago and everything felt better afterwards. They even corrected my headlight alignment without asking (one of the techs noticed it)

I bought her from Allen Ford in Warwick but it's too far to go for servicing and stuff - 120 mile round trip.

I really really hope you get yours fixed soon
Don’t go to Allen Ford, they managed to respray my blue car with Focus ST orange and deny it happened. They also took the body control module out the car and not refit it. That was all for a routine service.

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
No I won't be going there, was that Allen Ford in Warwick? I use Hills Ford in Malvern for my servicing and anything else I need. I've found them to be really good. Just a shame I could by from them in the first place.

How the hell do spray a car the wrong colour? Who did the work.... Stevie Wonder?

foxspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
si
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt v8 shadow
sounds a nightmare....i wouldnt have kept it would have been got rid of long ago!!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Call from the dealership just now...great that they're keeping me in the loop as they go but it wasn't good news.

2 wiring looms were ordered as I mention above. One they have - great. The other, they've been told to expect mid April. Yes - MID FUCKING APRIL.

Obviously this was an initial response from the good folks that distribute the parts but as you can imagine, I'm not happy with the lead times involved. My major concern at this point is whilst my car 100% still has a leak, it's left out in the elements. Anyone in the south of England will know what weather we faced recently and what is to come in the coming days/weeks. Dealership have suggested a solution that will help with this which was good. But honestly it upsets me to know my car will just be sat somewhere for weeks on end, purely because of the ultimate f*ck up by Think Ford Guildford a year ago.

I'll be mulling this over for tonight & Ford customer service will be receiving an angry phone call tomorrow from me. I'll be doing everything I can to escalate this. Current timescales would be around 3 months of being off the road which isn't fair considering I'm paying for the damn thing to be on the road!

GRRR :explode:

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Kristian - this is bad news

notwithstanding my previous posting and your then reticence - I really think that now is the time to at least talk to a solicitor.

It is totally not your fault that this is happening - yet you are the one who is suffering!!

I am not saying a solicitor's letter will solve all the issues immediately - but by God - it will make Ford Customer Service stand up and listen a bit more!!

either way - I feel for you and I hope it is all resolved soon

Bob

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
This part must exist somewhere. Might be worth seeing if you can get the part number and trying to source it yourself (obviously not with the intention of paying for it yourself).

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Call from the dealership just now...great that they're keeping me in the loop as they go but it wasn't good news.

2 wiring looms were ordered as I mention above. One they have - great. The other, they've been told to expect mid April. Yes - MID FUCKING APRIL.

Obviously this was an initial response from the good folks that distribute the parts but as you can imagine, I'm not happy with the lead times involved. My major concern at this point is whilst my car 100% still has a leak, it's left out in the elements. Anyone in the south of England will know what weather we faced recently and what is to come in the coming days/weeks. Dealership have suggested a solution that will help with this which was good. But honestly it upsets me to know my car will just be sat somewhere for weeks on end, purely because of the ultimate f*ck up by Think Ford Guildford a year ago.

I'll be mulling this over for tonight & Ford customer service will be receiving an angry phone call tomorrow from me. I'll be doing everything I can to escalate this. Current timescales would be around 3 months of being off the road which isn't fair considering I'm paying for the damn thing to be on the road!

GRRR :explode:

refer your dealer to think its bear lake ford in the states and introduce them to stackry you'll get the loom in under a week.

also i'm pretty sure you've got justifiable reason to hand the car back or expect a like for like replacement from ford as its a manufacturing defect.

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
When I had my trouble I hit Ford with "you sell the car in the Uk and therefore you should have a supply parts available". The CRC accepted that fact.

I was dealing with a body a shop and I asked them what the lead time would be for similar parts for a Focus or a Fiesta. I based all my complants around that. Thank have to accept that the car is not a crazy bespoke supercar. It s a mass production vehicle.

I did think at this stage you should concider legal representation of nothing more than to put a shot across their bow.

I was utterly depressed when mine was off the road so I can't imagine how you must feel right now.
Sponsored

Last edited: