Sponsored

Should I be worried - interior windscreen condensation (again!)?

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
@Kristian87 I'm really sorry to read of your owes.

This probably the most comprehensive roundup of UK rights regarding cars. Cars are like nothing else you buy.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

Honest John knows his onions. Get a cup of tea, it's a hell of read.
Thanks mate, I'll have a read for sure!

Off to a good start. Prompt response to my email last night from the Warley Executive Office, which I gather is the head office rather than the customer relationship centre. Been promised an update by Tuesday.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As promised, although late in the day - I got a call from this guy from the exec office. Nice guy, he seemed to sympathize with my situation & had already spoken with the dealership. Got the impression that he'll be able to help a lot - which is better than the impression I got from the customer relationship centre last year! It was mostly an acknowledgement phone call, but he stressed that the priority is escalating getting that second wiring loom in, then finding out wtf happened at Guildford last year - that may take some time! He even brought up the subject of goodwill so we'll see how that goes. As predicted he stated there's not much they can do on that front until it's all dealt with but I'm going to focus on that conversation & lay out my expectations early so I don't have to re explain myself again in a few months time.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Little update...part delivery has been escalated, by the Ford HQ guy this time rather than the dealership. Expecting to hear back Monday on that. I also sent him a nice set of emails from the Guildford fiasco last year, reading back through them reminded me just how horrifying the whole experience was!

On a positive note, dealership have invited me over to take the Mustang for a run today which I'll do lunch time ish. I stressed that I don't like the thought of it sat weeks on end not moving. Fortunate that I'm 10 mins away from the dealership...looking forward to it, nice weather today :)

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
Good news :like: Is there thread about the Guildford Fiasco?

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Good news :like: Is there thread about the Guildford Fiasco?
My drama featured in many threads lol, but the main ones were probably;

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/driver-side-rear-footwell-soaked.95824/ I hijacked the thread @V8_MOTOR started, actually good mates with him now - we bonded over our troubles :crackup:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-never-ending-warranty-issue.101838/ this one I started just before I picked the car up in April.

Funny that in April 2018 I termed it as "the never ending warranty issue" feel like I tempted fate with that one!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It was a bitter sweet experience to go for a drive today...as nice as it was, I wouldn't say it was enjoyable :( some of the trim is not on (in the boot) and car is understandably filthy from all the water testing & being sat outside for the first few weeks (now garaged). Spots of rust can be seen from all the water that has crept in over the past year, absolutely no idea if that's easily dealt with or not.

I had a good chat with Paul the technician again, he's very eager to get to the bottom of this. Very keen to get it all stripped & troubleshoot the leak; essentially with an empty shell. I said I'd pop over again when they are at that point. Not often you'll get to see it in that state! I'm hopeful that now Ford HQ are on the case, I'll see some improvement on the lead times but we shall have to wait & see.

Obviously had to stop for a few cheeky photos :)

IMG_9047.jpg

IMG_9050.jpg

IMG_9049.jpg

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
@Kristian87 owning a Mustang shouldn't be like being divorced parent. I hope you get some traction on the repairs and get her home.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Nice pics. Was it your car where the other garage marked a cock-and-balls motif on the bonnet?

When it comes to car going into the garage, it either comes back filthy, or damaged by the ham fisted gritty sponge attempt at a wash. Picked up my BMW from the garage on Monday. It was spotless when it went in, but even the interior looked like a Jackson Pollock when I picked it up....

IMG_4051 (002).JPG

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice pics. Was it your car where the other garage marked a cock-and-balls motif on the bonnet?
Yea that was me...that ended up in a full on detail including a single stage polish. Courtesy of Ford of course

Seeing mine again today, I’m going to demand another full detail - understandably it’s gunna be in a right state when the dealership is finished with it, and as much as I rate them, their cleaning/detailing abilities won’t be up to the level i’m looking for. I think it’s the least they can do given the circumstances. I’ll still be seeking compensation as well, but hoping to add the detail to “package”.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I admire your fortitude with this kristian and i hope it gets completely sorted for you with substantial compensation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
*sigh*

"Good afternoon,

I hope you are well.

Please be advised that your previous case manager has now left the business and I will be handling your complaint going further.

I understand that we are currently awaiting a wiring assembly for your vehicle, at present I do not have any further information. However I have been advised that I will receive an update on Wednesday of this week (20th February). I will look to contact you on this date with a further update."

That's several times they have updated me now with "there is no update".

FFS

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
We need a few hundred boxes of eggs & a road trip to Ford HQ :bandit:
Maybe we should all go? Let's be honest if 50 Stang's rocked up we'd get you on the local news and a whole bunch of car websites.