Sponsored

Shady shady shady

• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 11

Deleted member 35644

I had the dealership install my remote start module, took them four days. Out of curiosity, I checked my camera recordings. From the moment it was pulled out of the shop until I picked it up 4 hours later, there is no footage.

I wonder just what it is they don't want people to see. 🤔
Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Did you track your mileage? Also you have to specifically state they are not allowed to drive your car. When I took mine in in early 21 they put 300miles on it and i even speculate drove it home as they did body damage. I called ford directly and complained they told me unless i specifically tell them not to drive the car they are allowed to even taking it home and back for "testing purposes"

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
unless i specifically tell them not to drive the car they are allowed to even taking it home and back for "testing purposes"
So find out the tech and take his wife or girlfriend out for a dinner. Take a nice selfie over drinks and send it to him. "You did 300 miles in mine, I'm gonna do 300 miles in yours".

Light that dumpster fire and walk away!

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

I made a mental note to write down the mileage, but forgot to do it when I dropped it off. North Central Ford, folks. Shady.

Sponsored

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Let me play devil's advocate - it sat with the battery disconnected the entire time while the tech fumbled with the remote start module using your car as a teaching tool. Or the tech that started the work took a couple of sick/vacation days.

What did the dealer have to say?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I was th
Let me play devil's advocate - it sat with the battery disconnected the entire time while the tech fumbled with the remote start module using your car as a teaching tool. Or the tech that started the work took a couple of sick/vacation days.

What did the dealer have to say?
Thinking the same thing. Does your camera have battery backup or does it go off when disconnected from the car battery?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I was th

Thinking the same thing. Does your camera have battery backup or does it go off when disconnected from the car battery?
This, they absolutely had to disconnect the battery to install a remote start. Nobody with any sense works on modern car wiring with the battery connected. Even if it's just plugging or unplugging a module.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

There is no battery backup. The only way it failed to start recording when they started the car to leave the shop is if they unplugged the camera. There is no footage recorded from when they moved it out of the shop to when they parked it in the parking lot. One file is of the car idling inside the shop, the next file is me cranking it up to leave.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
So it plugs into a power port/cigarette lighter?
Perhaps it's shop policy to unplug customer accessories when doing electrical work? Was it still unplugged when you got in?
IDK if any of that is right, I just don't understand trashing the shop without asking them for an explanation first...

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
This might be one time the Ford Pass App may have come in handy.

I made a mental note to write down the mileage, but forgot to do it when I dropped it off. North Central Ford, folks. Shady.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
There is no battery backup. The only way it failed to start recording when they started the car to leave the shop is if they unplugged the camera. There is no footage recorded from when they moved it out of the shop to when they parked it in the parking lot. One file is of the car idling inside the shop, the next file is me cranking it up to leave.
Maybe they forgot to plug it in completely? And did the quick fix outside the shop.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

So it plugs into a power port/cigarette lighter?
Perhaps it's shop policy to unplug customer accessories when doing electrical work? Was it still unplugged when you got in?
IDK if any of that is right, I just don't understand trashing the shop without asking them for an explanation first...
Mainly because the only person I have access to, the service writer, will do what he's paid to do (upsell and play dumb) if I were to even approach the subject. Ask for an explanation? Biggest waste of time, aside of having my car sit at the dealer for 4 days for 3 hours of work.
The cam is hardwired into the car to come on with the ignition switch, so the only way to prevent recording is to unplug the cord from the camera.
The simple truth: It's likely a policy to disable recording devices if a car is taken on a drivability test after work is done, to keep people from seeing what really goes on. I actually don't care that it was driven, but I do care that they are purposely hiding something.