Setting MagneRide Independently

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
That's really strange. My car (2018, A10 without magneride) lets me change the steering feel even when I'm in Sport+ or Track driving modes. I do it all the time because I'm not a big fan of the heavy steering setting.
mine doesnt either, and honestly, i cant tell a difference in any of the modes at all as foar as steering is concerned. not on the highway not in a parking lot. i can feel the difference in suspension, i can tell the difference in throttle response, but steering has never felt different to me at all. maybe im use to 18 SS 1LE where its a huge difference between the settings.
Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
No, you can't. This was the main reason I opted for the standard suspension. Better for long term cost of ownership anyway.

I have no problem with Ford "Pre Programming" settings for the suspension in the same way they do exhaust, steering and throttle response/mapping based on drive mode, but it is disappointing that If you can't manually adjust the suspension the same way you can the exhaust/steering/throttle response.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Yeah, manual here. BE SPECIFIC when talking about 'sport', since there's sport suspension mode, sport driving mode, sport transmission mode (for A10s), and sport steering mode.
I don't recall you mentioning prior that you had a manual. You should have been specific.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My car (2018, A10 without magneride) lets me change the steering feel even when I'm in Sport+ or Track driving modes.
I think you can only change from sport to normal steering in sport drive mode. And on track drive mode, you're stuck with sport steering. Maybe Bullitts are different than other models. Or PP1s, for that matter. But several restrictions exist on the modes; they're a joke, basically.

I don't recall you mentioning prior that you had a manual. You should have been specific.
Didn't you know ALL BULLITTS are manuals??? That's on you man. But that's exactly my point. If you specify what the hell you're talking about, it shouldn't matter if your car is manual or auto, MR or not, etc.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Button on the steering wheel? Huh? :crazy:
Yeah, it's completely backwards. It says steering and driving modes are on the steering wheel (they're on toggle switches on my car), and exhaust modes on the toggle switches (it's on the steering wheel only). Weird. And also weird that you can somehow change MagneRide settings with the restrictions specified there. Is that the case in your market??? I don't think US market cars changed in any way regarding that, but hopefully 2020 owners can chime in on that find. I'd be pissed if they changed. Ha ha.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Here's something strange. Look what I found in the 2020 manual:

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.53.58.png

Interesting. I spent an hour in a Green Bullitt looking for the ability to select different modes for the steering. Not one, and certainly no button on the steering wheel dedicated to that. If there was, I may be driving a Green Bullitt rather than the Black. Though, my reasons for the black over green was mostly due to never owning a green car, and concern I would grow tired of it. Another factor was the long term cost of ownership, repairs, and upgrades.

I'm very happy with the standard suspension, especially with the Steeda braces front and rear.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Didn't you know ALL BULLITTS are manuals??? That's on you man. But that's exactly my point. If you specify what the hell you're talking about, it shouldn't matter if your car is manual or auto, MR or not, etc.
I don't know you from the man on the moon. Idk what you drive. Nor do I give a crap. Stop being a hypocrite and annoy someone else

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Here's something strange. Look what I found in the 2020 manual:

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.53.58.png

I think that refers to the gt350. It has a separate suspension button on there I believe

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I see. So the GT350 has more MagneRide modes than ordinary Mustangs, and it also allows you to select them independently of the drive mode? That's nice.
The picture I posted is from a Mustang manual, not a GT350 one. And the same information is also in the printed manual that came with my car. So I guess they didn't bother checking the contents; they made a one-size-fits-all manual and just changed the cover. :facepalm:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I actually went and checked - if you look at the steering wheel section in the GT350 supplement, it shows the buttons indicated above in the "drive mode control" paragraph. Nothing about it in regular Mustang manual. I think it's a mistake in the manual - if you look at the picture of the steering wheel buttons that is just above what you posted, the suspension button they mentioned doesn't exist there.

I checked for a remote chance that 2020s had that added, but I would be extremely surprised if Ford did that - that far into production every corporation is performing cost reductions (sucks for you 2020 owner's ;-) ), not making any significant changes. Ford is no different (example reduction of adjustments in passenger seat - if I remember correctly).

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I checked for a remote chance that 2020s had that added, but I would be extremely surprised if Ford did that - that far into production every corporation is performing cost reductions (sucks for you 2020 owner's ;-) ), not making any significant changes. Ford is no different (example reduction of adjustments in passenger seat - if I remember correctly).
Or removal of the seat back pocket from the driver's side. Man, how petty is that?
The passenger side has the normal seat back pocket, but for 2020, some genius must have figured out they could remove it from the driver's side and save a cent or two.
I'm envisioning the removal of one of the two already weak dome lights for 2021 to save another cent.

Anyone have any recommendations for something that looks half decent to put in place of the pocket missing from the driver's side rear, or is a fish-net thing the only choice?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
They have made a start by omitting the glove box light from the 21’s ...

Well what did you expect ? They had to get the money back from fitting the second horn on the 20’s after robbing it from the 19’s ... :cwl:

WD :like:
Sponsored