Sponsored

See Current Steering/Magneride/AE Settings

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Really? It goes automatically back to normal? I didn't know that. I thought it not only started in quiet, but also stayed there until you changed it manually.
No - of course it doesn't. That's nonsense. You can manually change exhaust mode in the dash, at least I can - spend some time exploring all the available options, it's all there....

I had to change exhaust to quiet being in a Track mode after I exceeded sound limit as few events I participated in...
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I have set quiet start to be on 24 hours a day so mine always starts in quiet mode and then reverts to normal if you do nothing once you have driven off. It reverts to normal after about 200m or so. I have usually switched to My Mode by then.
Maybe that only happens if you've got Quiet Mode on 24 hrs/day. On mine, I have Quiet Mode enabled between 9pm and 9am, and if it starts in Quiet Mode, it stays that way until I change it.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Maybe that only happens if you've got Quiet Mode on 24 hrs/day. On mine, I have Quiet Mode enabled between 9pm and 9am, and if it starts in Quiet Mode, it stays that way until I change it.
I've been trying to find out what actually happens but not got far. Quiet mode is obvious, on or off but Quiet start is different. Something happens on my car when I first set off after starting at about 200m or so when the exhaust opens and closes briefly, some sort of calibration maybe or swapping from quiet start to quiet mode via normal ?? I would normally switch to my mode after startup (which is set to quiet mode) so will try it without and see what happens.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I've been trying to find out what actually happens but not got far. Quiet mode is obvious, on or off but Quiet start is different. Something happens on my car when I first set off after starting at about 200m or so when the exhaust opens and closes briefly, some sort of calibration maybe or swapping from quiet start to quiet mode via normal ?? I would normally switch to my mode after startup (which is set to quiet mode) so will try it without and see what happens.
I'm guessing if you go into the my mode settings and set it to display the current settings, you will see what, if anything, changes after 200m regarding the exhaust mode.

I'd completely forgotten about the "quiet start" option, but checking the manual and googling around I didn't find much information about it. It would make sense that a short period of time after starting (200m, or perhaps a minute, sounds reasonable), the exhaust would revert to normal mode, but I couldn't find any mention of what happens after the "quiet start" has been done.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Quiet start mode should stay quiet until the time you imposed is past (9am, or whatever), or you switch modes. I'd never use the 24-hr setting, but it shouldn't switch by itself either, especially after only a few houses away; makes no sense. But it'd be nice to know for sure when some of you experiment with it. Ha ha.

To the OP, if you like normal mode, no need to make a MyMode with something you already have. So setting your MyMode with normal mode but quiet exhaust made perfect sense. So what you need to do is set up quiet mode, and let us know if it turned off by itself after 'x' distance. And if not, try just pushing up the mode switch just once, and let us know if it switched the exhaust to normal. If not, then for sure cycling thru all modes back to normal would do the trick. But it'd be great that just pushing it once would reset the current mode (normal in your case). Let us know.

And when you're getting home, just push the mode switch up twice, and you'd be in 'MyMode', with quiet exhaust.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So what you need to do is set up quiet mode, and let us know if it turned off by itself after 'x' distance. And if not, try just pushing up the mode switch just once, and let us know if it switched the exhaust to normal. If not, then for sure cycling thru all modes back to normal would do the trick. But it'd be great that just pushing it once would reset the current mode (normal in your case). Let us know.
Sure, but I'll have to plug the sound tube first, because otherwise I can't tell from inside the car how loud the exhaust is. To me it seems to sound the same in Quiet as in Normal, probably because the induction roar that's pumped into the cabin is stronger than both.
It's on my to-do list, but I haven't yet found something suitable to plug it with.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Vlad Soare

There is a marked difference driving in normal compared to quiet on my 2020 with everything sound related standard. First time I tried it I had my oldest daughter in and we were returning home when the youngest was in bed. When we got to the estate I switched it over and her face was a picture - she thought dads new car had broken as she had no concept of active exhausts ... lol. Driving style though the estate is stop start (speed humps), 2 mph to 20 mph in 1st and 2nd gears.

On another note I think I might have found the perfect ‘hidden’ sound tube plug - I will try at weekend :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm sure there must be a marked difference, but I can't seem to perceive it from inside the car with all the artificial roar that surrounds me. I'm looking forward to your results, please share the details if it works. :like:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I'm sure there must be a marked difference, but I can't seem to perceive it from inside the car with all the artificial roar that surrounds me. I'm looking forward to your results, please share the details if it works. :like:
Just open the window or door. Easy to hear the difference between quiet and normal while idle.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It’s kind of like burping in public with your mouth open or closed.

One option is just rude.

The other option is still noticeable but considered a little more polite, if not a little uncomfortable for the person involved.

:cwl:

WD :like:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Sure, but I'll have to plug the sound tube first, because otherwise I can't tell from inside the car how loud the exhaust is. To me it seems to sound the same in Quiet as in Normal, probably because the induction roar that's pumped into the cabin is stronger than both.
It's on my to-do list, but I haven't yet found something suitable to plug it with.
Something might be wrong with your exhaust if you can't tell that difference - it is easily noticeable, sound tube present or not (I've had mine in for 2 years) or regardless of open windows.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Something might be wrong with your exhaust if you can't tell that difference - it is easily noticeable, sound tube present or not (I've had mine in for 2 years) or regardless of open windows.
Agree - the differences are obvious

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. And I think I know what that might be.
I set the Quiet Start to be on 24 hours. So I always start with the exhaust in quiet mode. And when I left the neighbourhood and tried to switch the exhaust to normal, I pulled the switch once, saw 'Normal' on the tach display, and assumed I was now in full Normal mode. But I wasn't, was I?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. And I think I know what that might be.
I set the Quiet Start to be on 24 hours. So I always start with the exhaust in quiet mode. And when I left the neighbourhood and tried to switch the exhaust to normal, I pulled the switch once, saw 'Normal' on the tach display, and assumed I was now in full Normal mode. But I wasn't, was I?
Correct - you have to change it any different mode (wait for it engage) and then go back to Normal to have exhaust in Normal mode. Change to Track and exhaust will go into track mode, then back to Normal and you'll have Normal mode like you should.

You can also change exhaust modes manually (and just them) to whatever you like - I don't know where that is on the digital dash, but it's easy to do on the regular dash.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks, guys. That was my mistake - thinking I was in full Normal mode after touching the button once. Today I used the pony menu to change the exhaust mode, and indeed there's a clear difference between Quiet and Normal. And boy, do I love the Normal. :inlove:

Press the key on the wheel that has the "Mustang" icon. Scroll to "MyMode" settings (or something like that), and you have the option of "Show mymode", "Show settings", or something similarly worded. It then displays the current settings.

To get back to the normal display, press the "settings" key on the wheel, and enable "trip computer", or something like that.
Thanks, Michael. You were right about that. At first I thought that the 'show settings' menu would display the way MyMode was currently set up. But no, it displays whatever settings are active at this moment, like you said. So that answers my original question exactly. :like:
Sponsored