Seat wear.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Has anyone with Recaro‘s who uses the strap near the headrest for holding the seatbelt seen any wear from the belt rubbing on the seat? I’ve had the car 2-1/2 years and have been reluctant to.
Sponsored

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
I'm short so I use the retaining strap and haven't noticed any wear. I HAVE however noticed some wear on the bolster where the lap belt tends to rub, I assume because I have to have the seat pulled up pretty far. Mine's a Recaro car so no feedback on the comfort package seats.

Haas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
No answer for OP but I have the comforts and have also not used the belt since it seems like it forces the belt to be against the seat at an odd angle.

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
13,000 miles. Use mine every day. Don’t like where the shoulder strap lays if I don’t use it. Zero indications of any funny wear.

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Has anyone with Recaro‘s who uses the strap near the headrest for holding the seatbelt seen any wear from the belt rubbing on the seat? I’ve had the car 2-1/2 years and have been reluctant to.
Sure have, i used it for one day in the mountains after I got my car this summer and have really bad wear. I'm expecting they will warranty it. Really bugs me. I was with 100 ish other cars and went around looking in peoples windows and some used it , some didn't and it was hit or miss if it caused wear. I don't know if thats maybe the angle that it pulls down or not depending on your body type? I have no idea, but I stopped using it immediately even though it is annoying to have to reach back for the belt.
Sponsored