Ethanwalz11

Ethanwalz11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium Fastback
Your post finally convinced me to join this forum. I'm a bit older (32) and after researching for two years beforehand what I wanted to get for my first car, I got a '19 EcoBoost, also with the Black Accent Package (my favorite feature though is the Active Exhaust). A year later I've found some quirks with my car, but I'm liking it more as I get more comfortable driving it with more spirit. It's a great daily driver and my favorite part is only having to fuel up once a month or so (it was every 3-4 weeks before COVID, but work is also less than 5 miles away for me).

I'm also in a similar boat as you now, wanting to save up for a GT. That said I consider my more of a general car enthusiast and want to look at multiple considerations and configurations once I pay off my car in a few years or so. And by "multiple considerations", I mean on the opposite spectrum of enthusiasm and economy I'm considering a Sonata Hybrid (the car I originally wanted to get, but engine recalls [I was looking at the '18/'19s at the time] ultimately took that out of the running). We'll see where I'm at in five years or so, but I'm currently working on a road map of how I want to get to where I want (and would like) to be in life by that time.
Haha same I cant say I hate the fact that I basically never have to fill up, and on the highway especially it’s so nice. But I have faith in you my man to get to where you want to be and get a GT. I wish I had the active exhaust just for the quad tips haha
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ethanwalz11

Ethanwalz11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
"Re-badged" or "parts bin car" or not, both the Supra and upcoming Z car are closer to the classic and historical definition of a traditional "sports car"...i.e. a two seats...than the mustang. I would argue both are more "refined" as well: both are closer to a 50/50 weight balance, both handle better from the factory and overall, both are more in line with what has been historically defined as a "sports car" and not a "pony car."

The overall build and fit and finish quality of BMW and Toyota are superior to Ford's; while Nissan's overall build quality and fit/finish isn't to the level of BMW and Toyota, the past generations of Nissan's Z car has been at the very least equal to Ford...and probably better..in their build, fit/finish and long-term reliability.

The fact you are "suspect of anyone on a mustang forum who would tell you not to buy a mustang" is just plain DUMB. There are other "sports cars" besides the mustang...and yes, some of these "sports cars"are more refined, offer better driving/handling, have a better factory build quality and have a superior fit/finish quality than the mustang. Your "5.0 Bro" mentality is showing...
I don’t think it’s the 5.0 bro mentality I think it’s just odd to find somebody on a mustang specific forum encouraging you to not buy a mustang. If it was a general forum maybe not but just since it’s a mustang forum it’s a little odd but nbd. I would get an old Supra but I don’t like the new ones

AGM2018

I don’t think it’s the 5.0 bro mentality I think it’s just odd to find somebody on a mustang specific forum encouraging you to not buy a mustang. If it was a general forum maybe not but just since it’s a mustang forum it’s a little odd but nbd. I would get an old Supra but I don’t like the new ones

I was not "encouraging"; I merely made the suggestion, as other have done, that after college you may decide to drive another sports car. You are 16 years old...you will change your mind on COUNTLESS things before you graduate...and your taste in cars may very well be one of them. There are many good "sports" cars on the market...and more will be released before you graduate college. Don't "pigeon hole" yourself into just one "sports car"...life is to short to not try/drive other cars. The mustang, to be sure, is an "American Classic" and a GREAT car but, that doesn't mean there aren't other great sports cars to drive. Food for thought young man...YMMV.

OP
OP
Ethanwalz11

Ethanwalz11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
I was not "encouraging"; I merely made the suggestion, as other have done, that after college you may decide to drive another sports car. You are 16 years old...you will change your mind on COUNTLESS things before you graduate...and your taste in cars may very well be one of them. There are many good "sports" cars on the market...and more will be released before you graduate college. Don't "pigeon hole" yourself into just one "sports car"...life is to short to not try/drive other cars. The mustang, to be sure, is an "American Classic" and a GREAT car but, that doesn't mean there aren't other great sports cars to drive. Food for thought young man...YMMV.
Fair enough, i will definitely own another type of sports car in the future if my situation allows. I’d love an m4 or m3 also I’d like to drive a hellcat just to experience the supercharger whine haha

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Ethanwalz11

Ethanwalz11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
1_0UcPEJrnK35bFMVrC4Pm9A.png

Hellcats are hilarious. Try a widebody though. The standard 275's are laughably skinny even for the SP's.
Lmao not anytime soon, I would just love to take one for a joyride. Some guy in my area has one that is insanely Loud and the whine is super obvious. Lowkey think it’s cool

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hello all, I’m 16 and a mustang lover like all of you guys and I’ve got a 2018 eco. Premium with the black accent package. I drive it every day and it’s paid off so no issues there and it’s got 15k ish miles so far. I go to school and work pretty much all night after school most days and I’ve got a good chunk of money saved. Won’t get into exact numbers but it’s 5 grand plus on top of a decent amount of spending money. I have a job this year making like 500 ish dollars a month and I will work full time over the summer and make 4-5k ish. I love saving for concrete things because it helps motivate me to work harder. I’ve got the idea in my head of saving up and trading in my eco along with some cash and scooping a gen 3 coyote with 15-30k miles before the s650 comes out. Should I trade in for the GT or should I just hold onto the eco? Also, I’ve got college coming up but I’ve scored well enough on tests to get my instate cost down to about 10k a year which thankfully my parents are willing to help me with. Also FYI, I’m not trying to be ungrateful I’m just a massive mustang enthusiast and have been for all of my life so a mustang GT is sort of the ultimate dream car to me so the fact that it is even a theoretical possibility for me is surreal. Thanks so much and please keep all hate away
It will all come down to insurance. The GT platform isn't going anywhere soon, so I would rock the ecoboost until you can get a low insurance payment. I had a 15 ecoboost while I was attending college and it was a fun car. I sold it after I graduated and bought a 2003 Cobra. I miss that car a lot.

OP
OP
Ethanwalz11

Ethanwalz11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
It will all come down to insurance. The GT platform isn't going anywhere soon, so I would rock the ecoboost until you can get a low insurance payment. I had a 15 ecoboost while I was attending college and it was a fun car. I sold it after I graduated and bought a 2003 Cobra. I miss that car a lot.
I just want the v8 sound tbh haha. The eco just sounds like shit in my opinion, even with an exhaust. I have MBRP on mine and it’s okay but I still don’t think it sounds good. In 5 ish years the 350 and 500 will be depreciated a little bit so maybe that is a possibility

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I just want the v8 sound tbh haha. The eco just sounds like shit in my opinion, even with an exhaust. I have MBRP on mine and it’s okay but I still don’t think it sounds good. In 5 ish years the 350 and 500 will be depreciated a little bit so maybe that is a possibility
MBRP Race with a catless downpipe is the way to go. Closest/throatiest sound you will get with a 4 cylinder mustang.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I just want the v8 sound tbh haha. The eco just sounds like shit in my opinion
There's a free(?) app for that. Or get a friend with a V8 to record 10 minutes worth and just play it on a loop. It works for Hollywood where Ducati v-twins sound like 200cc 2-strokes and 600cc sportbikes provide the all-too-real soundtrack for 400cc single-cylinder dirt bikes. etc.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Keep the Eco since it's paid for. If anything, buy a beater for under $5K for school. My .02

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
I know I’m not helping you, but I went from a Ecoboost to a GT recently. I still giggle a little every time I hit that start button.

OP
OP
Ethanwalz11

Ethanwalz11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
MBRP Race with a catless downpipe is the way to go. Closest/throatiest sound you will get with a 4 cylinder mustang.
I’d like a down pipe, just don’t want to mess with warranty because I think it will throw a light and make it so the car has to be tuned. Right? Maybe I’m wrong but that’s the impression I’ve gotten from other forums
Sponsored