Rental eco-boost Mustang

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Had a trip to Phoenix Arizona and had to rent a car at Avis budget rental cars they upgraded me to a 2015 eco-boost Mustang now in Long Beach California put all most 500 miles on this car and it's been a ball to drive I do understand that you guys that have bought that equal boost how you rent and rave about this car!!!!! Is painted ingot silver premium package equal boost automatic... I will be in Long Beach California till Monday drive back to Phoenix fly out of there back home on Wednesday I'm so happy I got this upgrade to a Mustang but I guess it helps when you were in a Mustang hat and a Mustang T-shirt when you going Rent-A-Car... The great part of the story is the guy at the rental car asked me if I wanted a Toyota or this 2015 Mustang..... Come on I'll take the Mustang, thank you......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
haha. equal boost. nice man.
glad you got a sweet car like that for a rental.

elfiero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium, 401A, silver, ebony, A/T
I know what you mean about the rental guy asking if you want a dull econobox or a Mustang. Really? you have to ask? I couldn't believe they(Budget) upgraded me from a Fusion to a Mustang GT/6spd! Talk about a rent-a-racer missile!:) All you folks on the fence about buying one should look into renting one for a weekend- it might help you make up your mind, or at the very least, have a fun weekend.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I've been hunting for a V6 to rent around here for the day just see what it feels like.

Coming from the V8 how do the driving characteristics feel different?

midnite9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT
nice to know that avis has them! Im thinking of renting a car and going to vegas this weekend and am trying to figure out how to get a new mustang

Sponsored

OP
OP
Old Car Guy

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Had a trip to Phoenix Arizona and had to rent a car at Avis budget rental cars they upgraded me to a 2015 eco-boost Mustang now in Long Beach California put all most 500 miles on this car and it's been a ball to drive I do understand that you guys that have bought that equal boost how you rent and rave about this car!!!!! Is painted ingot silver premium package equal boost automatic... I will be in Long Beach California till Monday drive back to Phoenix fly out of there back home on Wednesday I'm so happy I got this upgrade to a Mustang but I guess it helps when you were in a Mustang hat and a Mustang T-shirt when you going Rent-A-Car... The great part of the story is the guy at the rental car asked me if I wanted a Toyota or this 2015 Mustang..... Come on I'll take the Mustang, thank you......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still hear in Long Beach Calif with the 2015 Mustang equal boost rental car... Have been lots of places hear in Southern Calif. and we now have right at a 1000 miles on this rental Mustang, have really enjoyed driving this equal boast Mustang... I leave Monday morning to head back to Phoenix Ariz. I have to return the mustang Tuesday morning, and I fly back home Wednesday..... I have spent a week hear in Long Beach, and have not run into any Mustangs hear, were I could maybe talk with them, and see if they belong to Mustang G6 forums.... Will be good to get home, and fire up my 2015 5.0 Mustang, in less my girl friend has been driving the wheels off of it, she forgets, I know how many miles that are on my Mustang.... I have drive this rental Mustang more miles then that's on my new Mustang, has been so much fun..... :ford: :)

OP
OP
Old Car Guy

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Still hear in Long Beach Calif with the 2015 Mustang equal boost rental car... Have been lots of places hear in Southern Calif. and we now have right at a 1000 miles on this rental Mustang, have really enjoyed driving this equal boast Mustang... I leave Monday morning to head back to Phoenix Ariz. I have to return the mustang Tuesday morning, and I fly back home Wednesday..... I have spent a week hear in Long Beach, and have not run into any Mustangs hear, were I could maybe talk with them, and see if they belong to Mustang G6 forums.... Will be good to get home, and fire up my 2015 5.0 Mustang, in less my girl friend has been driving the wheels off of it, she forgets, I know how many miles that are on my Mustang.... I have drive this rental Mustang more miles then that's on my new Mustang, has been so much fun..... :ford: :)
Just turned in the rental 2015 Mustang today back at Avis budget car rental, on Bell road in Phoenix Ariz. I drove this car hard, every time that I could, yes again a fun car to drive.... i Put 1500 miles on the car, and never let the grass grow under the car, and the Average miles to the gallon on the 1500 miles that I put on was 26.5 I'm sure that my 5.0 Mustang will never average that in 1500 miles... Just thought I would post this to G6 forums........ Thanks :ford:...... John

Just had a great time withe the rental car, i rented in Phoenix Ariz. I'm wondering if any of you guys and gals of had the same fun with a new a mustang rental, with a different motor than you have in your own new Mustang, I have a new 5.0 Mustang and the rental was EcoBoost Mustang, that I had never had even test drove, at the Ford dealer... Any one else had this Opportunity to do the car rental, with a new Mustang.... Thanks John

Last edited:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Now that you've driven both for an extended period of time, what's the verdict. What would you pick as a DD?

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm going to Vegas in 2 and 1/2 weeks and have a car rental booked with Budget. I should wear my Mustang shirt that day to see if the guy will upgrade me from a Focus! haha

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I'm going to Vegas in 2 and 1/2 weeks and have a car rental booked with Budget. I should wear my Mustang shirt that day to see if the guy will upgrade me from a Focus! haha
In vegas with a focus? :tsk:

Sponsored

GT-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I also got the opportunity to rent an Eco a few weeks ago and man was it an eye opening experience! It was completely day and night from when I had taken one on a test drive with a dealer in the car. Had I rented the Eco before placing my order for my GT, I would most likely be looking at a lease payment of $40/month less right about now.

OP
OP
Old Car Guy

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Now that you've driven both for an extended period of time, what's the verdict. What would you pick as a DD?
As daily Driver, I would take the Eco boost car, if I had a long way to drive to work, ( and that's a dirty word for me ) and back every day, just really liked the car for that, and still had lot of power, and would flat run when you wanted it too........ :cheers: John

MrPotato

Envious Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fusion SE 202A in Guard
As daily Driver, I would take the Eco boost car, if I had a long way to drive to work, ( and that's a dirty word for me ) and back every day, just really liked the car for that, and still had lot of power, and would flat run when you wanted it too........ :cheers: John
Would you go so far as to discourage the GT as a DD?
Sponsored