Sponsored

Safe & Smart Package

Are you adding the Safe & Smart Package?

• Yes

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 61.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I agree that you should back into a parking spot if you can, but I also think having these so called "nannie" systems are a good idea. These tech has been catching on because they've been proven useful, and helped save lives, just think about that video posted a few days back with that drunk driver, if that car had all these systems the car would have already stopped way before he drove it into something and crashed it on the right fender. Also, I'd say that everyone has their own free will to express their opinions on whether to get the package, but please don't point at someone and say "you should do this and that", that's just annoying and inconsiderate.
Sponsored

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
Same conversation is the norm in my Harley forums. Oldtimers think they can out brake and out ride ABS and traction control. Whatever, it isn't my ass.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Same conversation is the norm in my Harley forums. Oldtimers think they can out brake and out ride ABS and traction control. Whatever, it isn't my ass.
I can't speak for the two wheel version of ABS, but I know for sure of at least one situation that ABS in a car does not know how to properly deal with. Sometimes even momentary inability is too long.

And that's with ABS being fully operational. Wheel sensors do die and they do take the whole ABS and everything piggybacked on top of that down with them. Please keep that in mind and don't let your own skills get too rusty because the technology for its own sake is apparently so appealing.

Norm

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I really like the BLIS and rear cross traffic alert on my 16. If I upgrade to an 18 though, I'll probably do without the safety package. I like BLIS but I'm not willing to have the other annoying nannies along with it. Rear cross traffic alert is something that is physically impossible for a human to do with big vehicles parked on both sides unless you have a spotter. Auto braking and lane keep assist crosses over to doing things that any sober person can do if they bother to pay attention. For the people too distracted to drive properly, I welcome the nannies with open arms. But for a Mustang, they should at least give you an option to forego the more invasive ones. Maybe you'll be able to disable them, but I'm not sure. IF they can be 100% defeated, I may get the package because BLIS and cross-traffic detection may be worth 1,500 bucks to me. I wouldn't mind the rain sensing wipers and memory seats, and adaptive cruise could be nice on longer trips in limited circumstances where the braking is minimal and doesn't require a gear change.
Sponsored