Sponsored

Safe & Smart Package

Are you adding the Safe & Smart Package?

• Yes

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 61.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Safe & Smart Package

Edit: $1495

Add
The Safe & Smart Package includes:
• Adaptive Cruise Control
• Auto High Beam
• BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
• Lane-Keeping Alert
• Memory: Driver Seat (three (3) settings), Mirrors and Ambient Lighting
• Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection
– Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
– Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support
• Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers

I see some people love it and I some hate it. I’ve never driven in a vehicle with ACC, but I’ve used BLIS on a long trip and it was great. Memory seats and ambient lighting are great additions but should have been included with the premium or premium plus. All of these additions are assuredly worth the price thats being charged, but when faced with most of the additions that increase a theoretical build price it seems like one addition everyone is leaving out. What are y’all thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Been driving for 30+ years without any of the items listed and don't see a need for it now. The car is expensive enough that i wouldn't order it.

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
I haven't shopped the 18's but if it was the only way to get blis I wouldn't be without it.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Only two things appeal to me from this package. The memory seats and the rain-sensing wipers.

How much does this package cost? I bet it's a lot and I can't choose the two things I want on their own.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
i have blis on my HC, its nice but not needed, i still prefer to turn my head i trust me more than the computer. the rest of the nannies i dont want, to many things ill just end up turning off.

if i want safety ill get a volvo

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
BLIS is a must for a Camaro anyway, But still I want BLIS anyway. I have it on my Fusion and it is useful.

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
Love the BLIS, could not live without fancy seats, especially the ejection mode for fat guy exit.

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
Safe & Smart Package

Add
The Safe & Smart Package includes:
• Adaptive Cruise Control
• Auto High Beam
• BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
• Lane-Keeping Alert
• Memory: Driver Seat (three (3) settings), Mirrors and Ambient Lighting
– Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
– Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support
• Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers

I see some people love it and I some hate it. I’ve never driven in a vehicle with ACC, but I’ve used BLIS on a long trip and it was great. Memory seats and ambient lighting are great additions but should have been included with the premium or premium plus. All of these additions are assuredly worth the price that's being charged, but when faced with most of the additions that increase a theoretical build price it seems like one addition everyone is leaving out. What are y’all thoughts?
After decades of safe (and fast) street driving and more than a decade of Road Racing a GT1 speed car I have never wanted such things.

When the technology was released some years ago I actively mocked it. My very fast Race car has no PS, no ABS, no Power Brakes, and no driver AIDS whatsoever. I become one with that car. And I love that feeling.

HOWEVER, I had cause to switch all such Tech on recently in my Everest Titanium when I had to do a fast interstate trip which took almost 12 hours. To be honest our fantastic 2017 GT could not have done the trip as fast. The tech really helped.

I am now a fan of it and have left the tech switched on for daily driving. It's great. I am converted.

Kinda agree with the comment about memory seats but even memory seats can have a safety factor albeit a slight one. Should be in another pack.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Wow hard to believe no memory seats unless you get this package.

My wife had a loaner caddy a year or so ago from dealer and it had the auto high beams. Was pretty cool. Her car has the auto wipers and I don't like them. It often runs faster than warranted IMO.

Can you turn off features you don't want active? Like auto emergency braking, fwd collision warning etc

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Been driving for 30+ years without any of the items listed and don't see a need for it now. The car is expensive enough that i wouldn't order it.
Can't added safety features on your car help bring down insurance cost ? So might not be as expensive in the end.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Premiums do have ambient lighting, what this package does it add them as memory settings for each of the 3 configurations. So each preset could have a different ambient light set up.

The only things I'd want from this are the memory seats and rain sensing wipers. There's no way I'd get it unless it was basically free in the haggling process (doubtful).

Also..how well does ACC work with manuals? If it has to adjust your cruise speed by dropping you to say, 50mph, it would take forever for it to limp back up to speed in 6th gear. ACC in automatics will actually interface with the transmission to down shift when necessary. Doesn't seem as useful in manuals.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Premiums do have ambient lighting, what this package does it add them as memory settings for each of the 3 configurations. So each preset could have a different ambient light set up.

The only things I'd want from this are the memory seats and rain sensing wipers. There's no way I'd get it unless it was basically free in the haggling process (doubtful).

Also..how well does ACC work with manuals? If it has to adjust your cruise speed by dropping you to say, 50mph, it would take forever for it to limp back up to speed in 6th gear. ACC in automatics will actually interface with the transmission to down shift when necessary. Doesn't seem as useful in manuals.
I know most other manufacturers don't even offer ACC with a manual, like VW for example. It really limits it's effectiveness because if the car can stop itself, you still have to be involved so it doesn't stall or bog, so you might as well just stop the car yourself. They should have left this package as only available for the automatics and given manuals a smaller package with the other stuff.

The Safe and Smart package is the biggest letdown of the 2018s to me. I loved the old 401A package as it had all the stuff I wanted. Now, if I were to order a 2018, I'd just go without both packages, even though I really want BLIS. I'm pretty sure all the other stuff can be turned off, but I just hate all the nannies. Auto high beams never dim quick enough to not blind oncoming cars and lane keep assist and auto braking are always too sensitive even in the low sensitivity mode. Those sensors also have been shown to be hard to defeat on track days too for those that do HPDE days with other cars. Really wish BLIS was a standalone option like it is with most other manufacturers. :doh:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

R.I.P. pedestrians at C&C.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I have bliss on current mustang and will get this package again. I agree its not needed 99% of the time but have to admit it did same my ass 3-4 times over the last 3 years. I do a lot of highway driving in a lot of high traffic areas and every once and awhile you happen to miss something, the extra security is worth it.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Can't added safety features on your car help bring down insurance cost ? So might not be as expensive in the end.
You'd think so... But generally no.

Usually adding safety systems ADDS to the price of your insurance.

Why? It's much more expensive to fix if it breaks.
Sponsored