Sponsored

Ford Safe & Smart Package - What are your Thougths

agolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just curious, all of you who got Ford Safe & Smart Package what do you think of it? I'm contemplating of trading in my 2017 GT PP Manual for a 2019 GT A10 and while test driving one was not overly impressed. I found it annoying every time I changed lanes without signaling that the steering wheel would start to shake (Yes, I know you supposed to signal). The car didn't keep me in the lane when the road curved even slightly and adaptive breaks kept me way too far from the rear of the car in front even the shortest distance setting. with my family living about 200 miles away, I do a lot of back and forth on the highway and it would be nice to simplify my long commute but..... What do you folks think?

Thanks,
Alex
Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I have the lane alert off but use everything else, I wouldn’t buy a 50K car that didn’t have it. I really like the adaptive cruise and the warning indicators for other vehicle close to me.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I have the lane alert off but use everything else, I wouldn’t buy a 50K car that didn’t have it. I really like the adaptive cruise and the warning indicators for other vehicle close to me.
Let’s not forget the automatic windshield wipers :like::handsinair:

Sponsored

OP
OP

agolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ok, Here is another question to complicate things, would you trade down to a 4-banger if that was the only car available? My local dealers only have EcoBoost with all of the features I want but I'm just not sure I can give up performance of a GT

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ok, Here is another question to complicate things, would you trade down to a 4-banger if that was the only car available? My local dealers only have EcoBoost with all of the features I want but I'm just not sure I can give up performance of a GT
Apples and oranges. There are always cars available. I have S&S and love it. But give up my GT to go back to an EB. NFW!!! :facepalm::)

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
My '19 came with the safe & smart package - It was not something that i had originally opted for. After having it for a month, i find myself using it's features quite a bit. I would say it is worth it for the adaptive cruise control alone. The auto wipers are a nice feature, however they are extremely sensitive on the highest setting. The auto high-beams are a cool feature to have if you live in a rural area. Lane keep assist is actually kind of nice on the highway - but not something i really use. Its totally customizable, providing assist or just an alert - which is nice. The biggest feature is use is blind spot monitoring - it's great during heavy traffic on the highway.

All in all, you really are getting a lot of features for $1,000. Just never get in a front end accident.. the radar unit is not cheap to replace, and requires calibration if its moved/replaced.

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I wouldn't have a car without it. For the cost, one of the biggest bargains for the features supplied. I turned off the annoying lane change, though. There has to be a large discount from your insurance company, as well, for the safety features.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I don't use the lane keeping system but I thing the rest of the features are "must haves"for me if using the car as a daily or even as a weekend toy. Go from a GT to an Ecoboost? uhhh....not just no....HELL NO.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Love it. When driving my big trucks it's not as necessary as I have huge mirrors and can see everything around me really well. The Mustang not so much although it's not terrible. It's not something I was looking for but the GT I wanted had the 401a package and the safe and smart package and I really like it especially the cross traffic and blind spot monitoring.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Nothing I'd ever use, and a bunch of stuff that would annoy me.

The auto wipers in my Mazda6 have turned me off to the concept entirely. They just don't work. They either scrape across mostly dry glass, or wait until the windshield is completely underwater to activate. The dial doesn't seem to have any effect on the interval at all. In those few moments where it actually seems to be working, the speed sensing part will kick in and ruin everything. Unless it is raining hard enough to go into low or high, I actually manually activate them for my entire drive. Fortunately only 9 miles each way on my commute.
Manufacturers have different systems/sensors. Sounds like Mazda’s is terrible or, at the least, yours has a very early version of their system. It’s pretty close to perfect on its adjustments with Ford cars. My dad’s Acura (2018 TLX) isn’t as great, my fiancé’s Infiniti (2011 M56x) is a bit more delayed in corrections but is generally good. Same can be said for adaptive cruise control; each brand will be different based on how accurate their system/sensor is. My 2019 GT is fairly acceptable with its distance in the sport setting, where as my dad’s TLX feels like it’s a lot farther away in its closest setting.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I hate tailgaters especially at 80 MPH on the Interstate. I think the adaptive cruise in the closest setting is plenty close enough. I find the wipers and auto dim lights to be perfect.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I didn't set out to buy this package on my car but I bought off the lot and it had it on it. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by what it does. The adaptive cruise, rain sensing wipers and auto adjust high beams are all great. I use the lane keeping sometimes late at night when I get a little weary and it keeps me where I'm supposed to be. I shut it off for normal daytime around town though. The accident avoidance thing has gone off on me about 3 times once where I had clearly made a judgement error and it going off scared me pretty good at the time too lol. I can't speak to the braking aspect of it though thankfully at least not yet........
Sponsored