corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I love tech that improves convenience, safety, performance, etc. However, I do not like HUD at all. I have experienced it in GM vehicles, BMWs and Lincolns. I find it as distracting as having a dirty windshield.
Would you find it any better if the HUD image was moved off toward the driver-side A-pillar? Or for that matter, into a direct-view screen mounted ON the A-pillar?

Norm
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Would you find it any better if the HUD image was moved off toward the driver-side A-pillar? Or for that matter, into a direct-view screen mounted ON the A-pillar?

Norm
I am not sure about that. For the info that I need, I find the instrument cluster to be quite adequate.

One exception: I would like having a light flash in the windshield when RPMs reach a pre-set point. I would find that useful at the drag strip.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I am not sure about that. For the info that I need, I find the instrument cluster to be quite adequate.
I'm only looking for a better place specifically for BLIS-related information here. I don't want information displayed as close to my central vision as OE HUDs are located, either.

One exception: I would like having a light flash in the windshield when RPMs reach a pre-set point. I would find that useful at the drag strip.
I know what you're getting at. I have an Aeroforce gauge set in an A-pillar pod, which I normally have set to display coolant temperature and mph. Originally that was for HPDE track day purposes, though I've since found that having both sets of information up on the A-pillar had every IP location I'd ever used beat, hands down. Long time ago, that's where I'd hung an aftermarket tachometer.

Norm

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Do people with a manual transmission who track their cars still think the package is worth it? I'm wondering how valuable adaptive cruise control is when you have a manual, and also wondering whether the automatic emergency braking can be intrusive (and maybe even downright dangerous) on a road course...

The main drawback I've heard about with ACC is that if someone cuts you off and changes lanes right in front of you, the ACC braking can be way more aggressive than necessary. That can both startle you and waste brake life and gas...

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I have it and like it a lot. The Safe & Smart and Enhanced Security packages are the only two I have, other than the Performance Package. I was wondering if the Premium included the features of the Safe & Smart.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Do people with a manual transmission who track their cars still think the package is worth it? I'm wondering how valuable adaptive cruise control is when you have a manual, and also wondering whether the automatic emergency braking can be intrusive (and maybe even downright dangerous) on a road course...

The main drawback I've heard about with ACC is that if someone cuts you off and changes lanes right in front of you, the ACC braking can be way more aggressive than necessary. That can both startle you and waste brake life and gas...
Auto or manual wont matter really . All these features can be turned on and off as the user sees fit. Turn off for track and back on for road trips. The Auto Brakeing can be turned down and the distance between cars changed manually or you can just turn it off. As for ACC I never use mine except on highway trips at set speeds so.. I woudnt think manual or auto would make much of a difference at highway speeds where its mostly used. for personal regualr use the features are handy for tracks not so much but like I said can turn them off .

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have it and like it a lot. The Safe & Smart and Enhanced Security packages are the only two I have, other than the Performance Package. I was wondering if the Premium included the features of the Safe & Smart.
Premium does not include it. My buddy and I both have 19 gts and both are premium and mine has it and his does not. It was a separate line item on my window sticker.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I have a manual and like the ACC if I'm staying in one lane for an extended amount of time. I have found it disconcerting a few times where I accelerate to get into a slot in the next lane and then the Mustang hits the brakes due to the car still in my lane as I take my foot off the gas while I start to slide to the next lane.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The lane keeping alert part (steering wheel shake) can be turned off I have it turned off on my 2019 Ranger. Button on the turn signal lever.
Yeah still can just let the lane weakening lines show on the display and skip the shake alert. can set it to just visual alert and no steering wheel assist or lower sensitivity as well. when turned on. I may use the shake but I keep the lane assist off during local and city driving, I may use it on long highway trips to help straighten car. It is more of an assist than a shake actually. the steering wheel will turn a bit back into the lane to correct. Just for fun.. I was on a long stretch of desert highway with no traffic. I had my hands slightly off the wheel and prepared to take over if needed and I just let the system run and as the car veered a little. I was able to go about 5 miles without touching the wheel at all and it kept the car in check in the lane. Poor Man's Super Cruise...

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
I agree. I first encountered the Toyota equivalent of Safe and Smart in my beloved's 2019 RAV4 and found it useful for long trips. If folks find it intrusive, it can be turned off.

Sponsored

mdntblu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost
I just bought a 2020 Mustang EB Premium with this set of features. I also currently have a 2018 Ford Fusion which has similar features. On the Fusion I have adaptive cruise control with "Stop & Go" which if you don't know what that means, the car will come all the way to a stop in heavy traffic and resume (if not past a few secs) on it's own and just keep following the car ahead with very little input from the driver. This works especially well when driving in bumper to bumper traffic. So when I was looking at the Mustang I made sure to get Adaptive Cruise control. However once taking delivery on my drive home from the dealer I set the cruise at 70 mph, and it was doing just fine, slowing down and speeding up according to traffic. Well at one point the cars ahead slowed down to around 5mph. In my Fusion this is no problem because the car will handle it all. What I found out is the Mustang only goes to 11 mph and then the cruise control shuts off. I thought the car was going to do the same thing is my 2 year older Fusion but instead the pre-collision red lights beeped and I slammed my foot on the brake. Then I thought maybe it was something weird and so while we were going slow (5-10mph) I tried to resume the cruise only to find it won't even activate until you're over a certain speed (I think 20mph). My Fusion I can be going 1 mph in traffic and resume the cruise and the car will just follow slowly.
I'm a little disappointed that Ford would put older tech on a brand new model. I had a 2013 Ford Flex and that had adaptive cruise and it was the same as the Mustang (under 11mph shuts off and can't enable below 20mph).

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought a 2020 Mustang EB Premium with this set of features. I also currently have a 2018 Ford Fusion which has similar features. On the Fusion I have adaptive cruise control with "Stop & Go" which if you don't know what that means, the car will come all the way to a stop in heavy traffic and resume (if not past a few secs) on it's own and just keep following the car ahead with very little input from the driver. This works especially well when driving in bumper to bumper traffic. So when I was looking at the Mustang I made sure to get Adaptive Cruise control. However once taking delivery on my drive home from the dealer I set the cruise at 70 mph, and it was doing just fine, slowing down and speeding up according to traffic. Well at one point the cars ahead slowed down to around 5mph. In my Fusion this is no problem because the car will handle it all. What I found out is the Mustang only goes to 11 mph and then the cruise control shuts off. I thought the car was going to do the same thing is my 2 year older Fusion but instead the pre-collision red lights beeped and I slammed my foot on the brake. Then I thought maybe it was something weird and so while we were going slow (5-10mph) I tried to resume the cruise only to find it won't even activate until you're over a certain speed (I think 20mph). My Fusion I can be going 1 mph in traffic and resume the cruise and the car will just follow slowly.
I'm a little disappointed that Ford would put older tech on a brand new model. I had a 2013 Ford Flex and that had adaptive cruise and it was the same as the Mustang (under 11mph shuts off and can't enable below 20mph).

I think it is set to shut at 12mph or lower and you have to manually resume it again, I think it has to do with ACC being available for manual transmission as well even I have an A10. Those with stop and go ACC have full automatic transmission programming since that specific model does not have any manual transmission trims such as a fusion etc. However if you take a Dodge Challenger for example with stop and go ACC, you will realize Dodge does not offer the ACC on the manual trim, so they had it dedicated to the 8 speeds only. Ford decided to allow ACC on the manual so they set it that way even for the A10 rather than make 2 programs.

Last edited:

mdntblu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost
I think it has to do with ACC being available for manual transmission as well even I have an A10. Those with stop and go ACC have full automatic transmission programming since that specific model does not have any manual transmission trims such as a fusion etc.
That makes sense. I didn't think about that. But I think Ford should offer different package for A10 vs 6-speed manual.
I did see that yesterday (Sunday 14th) Ford added 2021 Mustangs to the website and now it shows Ford Co-Pilot 360° instead of Smart & Safe.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I did see that yesterday (Sunday 14th) Ford added 2021 Mustangs to the website and now it shows Ford Co-Pilot 360° instead of Smart & Safe.
Just to be clear S&S still exists and is on the site as a $725.00 option (under interior options) that includes ACC & Nav.
Sponsored