Sponsored

Rush to 2015 Mustang order? Update: April ordering, July production, August delivery?

kellyj3ray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Can I generate myself a pin by using that code?
you actually have to be a member of one of the Ford partners, in this case Mustang Club of America, for at least 6 months before you're eligible for the x plan pricing. But since the Mustang is not slated for sale until fall, you have plenty of time. Not bad for a $50 membership.

TrueyBandz15

Threads
Reaction score
you actually have to be a member of one of the Ford partners, in this case Mustang Club of America, for at least 6 months before you're eligible for the x plan pricing. But since the Mustang is not slated for sale until fall, you have plenty of time. Not bad for a $50 membership.
Ok thanks

Vickstang

Talked to another dealer today. They also confirmed order guides available in April with cars being built starting July 14th with initial deliveries in August
Thanks for the info. Did your dealer mention any limited allocation (or production ramp-up) to start with? I'm itching to get on a list but I have yet to contact my dealer to find out more info.

Sponsored

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
Thanks for the info. Did your dealer mention any limited allocation (or production ramp-up) to start with? I'm itching to get on a list but I have yet to contact my dealer to find out more info.
Here's the email I got from my dealer, they mentioned allocation but I'm not sure exactly what they are referring to:

Subject: 2015 Mustang info for you and your team

Questions are already coming, so here's what you need to know on the new 2015 Mustang:

Job #1 7/14
Expected ship date 8/11

Firm order bank and order guide dates are not announced, but by mid-April we should be able to start placing orders.

Allocation will be based 100% on Mustang sales...heavy availability will not hurt your allocation.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
xplan pricing in reality doesn't really do much. If a dealer will take xplan then you can also just walk in and ask for $100 above invoice pricing and get it.

Vickstang

Here's the email I got from my dealer, they mentioned allocation but I'm not sure exactly what they are referring to:

Subject: 2015 Mustang info for you and your team

Questions are already coming, so here's what you need to know on the new 2015 Mustang:

Job #1 7/14
Expected ship date 8/11

Firm order bank and order guide dates are not announced, but by mid-April we should be able to start placing orders.

Allocation will be based 100% on Mustang sales...heavy availability will not hurt your allocation.
Nice. I hope those are accurate. August ship date is sooner than I expected. When they said late 2014 I was thinking Nov/Dec.

What does "heavy availability will not hurt your allocation" mean? :shrug:

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
With all the hoopla about the 50th anniversary and the fact that the S550 is shaping up to be a better car all around, anyone still interested in a 2014 will be able to get a killer deal in the summer as dealers will need to unload the last of their inventory.

Sponsored

Agarc

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.carandsoulcustoms.com
First Name
Ant
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
Nice. I hope those are accurate. August ship date is sooner than I expected. When they said late 2014 I was thinking Nov/Dec.

What does "heavy availability will not hurt your allocation" mean? :shrug:
it sounds like even if they have a ton of them on the lot they will still take a order from you instead of trying to get you to buy one off the lot

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
With all the hoopla about the 50th anniversary and the fact that the S550 is shaping up to be a better car all around, anyone still interested in a 2014 will be able to get a killer deal in the summer as dealers will need to unload the last of their inventory.
This makes it awfully tempting...I could live with a truck axle for $8,000-$10,000 off sticker. :D

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
For reference a current GT with Premium package + track pack + recaros has an MSRP of 39,885, X-plan pricing is 37,501
Not to sound snarky, but I've never paid MSPR before in my life and I never will. It's not too hard to find a dealership that will work with you and give you an invoice + $200 type deal.

But for those people who might have a hard time sniffing out those sorts of deals, that X-plan is a wonderful no haggle tool. I'm actually thinking about joining (not just for an x-plan pin - been wanting too for a while) and that is a nice added bonus.

I got lucky on some rebates ($1,250) when I purchased my 2013. I'll certainly be on the look out for those in about a year.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Do modern cars still have early production bugs? :shrug: I don't recall any with my 2005 Mustang. On a side note my recent XBox One purchase was a complete disaster:frusty:
As a tier 1 & tier 2 supplier to MANY different OEMs, I can tell you with 100% confidence; yes, first year cars have a number of bugs.

All you have to do is look for little green stick on dots, green paint pen marks or other similar markings. These are often used as a quick visual verification that the component has been verified for a known defect.

OEMs also use grease pencils / markers to verify that a component is present or contains all necessary pieces. However, don't be scared if you see a couple of these markings on new cars. The ones with no markings at all are the ones I'd worry about.

And don't worry too much about the 2015 model. It's truly more of a refresh than an entire platform change like the new Stingray.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
190,000 looks to be pretty close to the max for at least the Mustang side... I'm not sure what advancements have been made at Flat Rock since then. Can Mustang's be produced on the Fusion side? Or maybe some incite from someone who has toured the plant.
There are 2 body shops, one for each car line. There is a single trim and final assembly line for both vehicles. Scheduling and workforce capacity (how many shifts they have) are two of the big variables that influence how many of each they make. There are many other variables, of course, but these were the big ones.
Sponsored