Sponsored

Rush to 2015 Mustang order? Update: April ordering, July production, August delivery?

JonBMcD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Do y'all think this is going to be a car that I will need to put my name and deposit on? I don't need the first one - but if I have to wait about 9 months or so, I won't want to be on the backorder list!

EDIT: Fellow member MadMoose has info that order guides will be available in April with cars being built starting July 14th with initial deliveries in August.

From his dealer:

2015 mustang competition orange2.jpg
2015-mustang-order.jpg
Sponsored

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
I contacted several dealers in my area to see if I could pre-order/get on a waiting list and they either said don't worry we'll have plenty of mustangs or we'll let you know when ordering opens. None of them seemed to have any sort of list going yet

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Do y'all think this is going to be a car that I will need to put my name and deposit on? I don't need the first one - but if I have to wait about 9 months or so, I won't want to be on the back order list!
You have so many dealers in the metro Houston area that I don't see an issue. I don't see Ford pulling the stunt GM did with the C7. With this being a whole new car, I'd think one would want to sit in it first. Also, you may want to lay eyes on some of the colors, I know I do.

Tyberos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The dealers near me will not be taking pre-orders till March. The first orders will be starting to be built on July 11th.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
The dealers near me will not be taking pre-orders till March. The first orders will be starting to be built on July 11th.
Does that mean they'll be starting to be delivered any time after July 11th?

Sponsored

J50

Threads
Reaction score
Does that mean they'll be starting to be delivered any time after July 11th?
Sounds like that would coincide with deliveries starting in the fall...possibly first cars showing up in August.

Radeyo

Threads
Reaction score
Manufacturing starting on a brand new car on a Friday? I seriously doubt that.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Remember it's a Mustang and will be sold in volume. With that said if you want one of the first allocations you should get on your dealers list if they have one.

oldlugs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Bullitt & '09 KR
Do y'all think this is going to be a car that I will need to put my name and deposit on? I don't need the first one - but if I have to wait about 9 months or so, I won't want to be on the backorder list!
I think that there's no need to worry, or pay anywhere close to MSRP. Remember, these are Ford Mustangs, not hand built Pagani Huayra; there's going to be a LOT of them around. :)
Besides your seeing plenty on the road, why not wait to see what the competition has in store? New Barracuda? New Camaro? More importantly, I'd wait for Ford to work any bugs out of this first year model, and I'll be keeping an eye out for any SVT specials...

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Do modern cars still have early production bugs? :shrug: I don't recall any with my 2005 Mustang. On a side note my recent XBox One purchase was a complete disaster:frusty:

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Do modern cars still have early production bugs? :shrug: I don't recall any with my 2005 Mustang. On a side note my recent XBox One purchase was a complete disaster:frusty:
Ford may not but GM sure does. The e-diff on the C7 Z51 option is giving them fits. Tons of restraints too on various options.

J50

Threads
Reaction score
I think that there's no need to worry, or pay anywhere close to MSRP. Remember, these are Ford Mustangs, not hand built Pagani Huayra; there's going to be a LOT of them around. :)
Besides your seeing plenty on the road, why not wait to see what the competition has in store? New Barracuda? New Camaro? More importantly, I'd wait for Ford to work any bugs out of this first year model, and I'll be keeping an eye out for any SVT specials...
The C7 base cars are now being discounted...varying amounts.

Z51 cars still holding MSRP for the most part due to constraint. Though once that's solved they'll be widely discounted as well.

I could see initial Mustang orders holding to MSRP or not much less than. But not lasting long if so.

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I have never owned a mustang, but all my new car purchases were Fords so far.
Not because I'm a die hard fan, just played out that way.
I will eventually get a C7, so I spend quite a bit of time on Corvette forums, but I have no idea what to expect from the release of a new pony...
Will they be everywhere, or will they be scarce? What can we expect for first year production in terms of volume? I honestly have not the slightest clue...

edit: And regarding the eLSD - it's not the problem, it's the lack of rear end lube, that's what GM has a service bulletin out for.
edit 2: My Xbone is flawless. Love it ;)

oldlugs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Bullitt & '09 KR
All first year models have some sort of issues, even if later revisions are just minor improvements. For example, the 4.6L S197 Mustangs later received revised cylinder heads (spark plug problems), and the bodies got more spot welds and stiffening for the heavy & powerful 5.4L. From '07-'09, the GT500s had LOTS of minor improvements, from front end ball joints to transmission, flywheel and clutch changes. I think that any new car will have a few bugs that need squishing. Aside from all that... Why not wait to see what the "Voodoo" version of the Coyote engine might be, and see what the aftermarket is able to do with tuning the Ecoboost 4 models? I'm curious about just how much output the 4 banger can muster without breaking. :)

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I'm most curious to see the first track tests against the "rivals" from Europe as well as the C7. While neither of those will be in the Mustang's price range, I think it has the potential to wow quite a few people (provided they DID in fact get the weight down...).
Sponsored