Sponsored

Rush to 2015 Mustang order? Update: April ordering, July production, August delivery?

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
Talked to another dealer today. They also confirmed order guides available in April with cars being built starting July 14th with initial deliveries in August.

attachment.jpg
Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Revisions and ongoing improvements are to be expected. If you wait there will always be something better coming down the line. I think it's correct to say that most of the moving parts of the s550 are enhanced versions of the s197. For example The coyote will be in in year 5 of its production run, I don't see many bugs remaining there. The only major new component would be the ecoboost engine. Besides that's what warranties are for :ford:

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
Do y'all think this is going to be a car that I will need to put my name and deposit on? I don't need the first one - but if I have to wait about 9 months or so, I won't want to be on the backorder list!
It depends on how bad you want the car. I, for example, have been waiting a long time for this car (12 years), mainly because I wanted a milestone mustang. So for me I'm ordering mine, that way I get anything I want and/or don't want.

Black GT with Performance Pack for me. I'm sure there will be hundreds out there but I'll know that this one was made for just me and not sitting on a dealership lot.

ischul757

Threads
Reaction score
I've driven the current Mustang and know the 6g will be a vast improvement, but I'm wondering when I should start lining things up-I want a base manual with no options in ruby red or triple yellow. Not looking to get one at launch; I'm prolly gonna hold off to get one-to save more so I can buy it outright. I am wondering if I am gonna end up paying MSRP because it's not likely to be on the lot-and either have to be built or dX'd out. I'm thinking I might have more leverage once the new model is on the streets, but what about negotiating on a car that's not on a lot? I'm not really too interested in driving to Northern VA to get my car from VA Beach like I've done with my current and last Hondas....

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
You won't have to pay MSRP. Worst case you can join mustang club of america and get X plan pricing which is a couple % above invoice, I forget exactly how much. Also USAA/TrueCar/Costco etc purchasing programs are an easy way to get pre-negotiated prices though it's hard to tell if there will be much of a discount on the new car through them. There shouldn't be any difference in negotiating between a car on the lot and ordering a car assuming they're both the same model year IMO.

I used USAA pricing + rebates on my current Mustang GT which was a leftover 2013 when the 2014s were out and got ~$7500 off msrp with no negotiating involved

Sponsored

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
From your guys' experience, is the Friends and Family, or supplier discount comparable to the Mustang club discount mentioned?

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
From your guys' experience, is the Friends and Family, or supplier discount comparable to the Mustang club discount mentioned?
pretty sure its the exact same thing, the MCA is just another way to get access to said pricing, along with owning 100+ shares of ford stock

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Revisions and ongoing improvements are to be expected. If you wait there will always be something better coming down the line. I think it's correct to say that most of the moving parts of the s550 are enhanced versions of the s197. For example The coyote will be in in year 5 of its production run, I don't see many bugs remaining there. The only major new component would be the ecoboost engine. Besides that's what warranties are for :ford:
This^

There will ALWAYS be tweaks, updates and new models coming down the pike. You just have to ask yourself if what is currently offered ticks all of your boxes.

I'll wait to see the final specs and performance numbers to decide for sure, but everything I'm seeing about this new model looks 'good enough' for me to take the plunge. It appears to be far superior to my 2012 in almost every way.

I don't think I'm willing to wait a couple more years for something significantly better to come along...

ischul757

Threads
Reaction score
You won't have to pay MSRP. Worst case you can join mustang club of america and get X plan pricing which is a couple % above invoice, I forget exactly how much. Also USAA/TrueCar/Costco etc purchasing programs are an easy way to get pre-negotiated prices though it's hard to tell if there will be much of a discount on the new car through them. There shouldn't be any difference in negotiating between a car on the lot and ordering a car assuming they're both the same model year IMO.

I used USAA pricing + rebates on my current Mustang GT which was a leftover 2013 when the 2014s were out and got ~$7500 off msrp with no negotiating involved
Thanks for that info about the MCA; I would end up eventually joining that anyway I'm sure! I was just worried cuz no one ever has a base unoptioned Stang-I checked my local dealer who had one listed in their current inventory only to get there and learn it hasn't left the factory yet....and I've never ordered a car from the factory; I have just searched for what I wanted in NoVa-but I've only bought two brand new cars to date.

Thanks for the info !

Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Whoa, I've been a member of MCA since I bought my car in 2011 and I didn't know about this x-plan pricing. How does one go about using it?

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
Whoa, I've been a member of MCA since I bought my car in 2011 and I didn't know about this x-plan pricing. How does one go about using it?
Do a search on their website/forum for x plan. There's a link and a code to get your pin. You just give that to your ford dealer when you order.

bwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang Premium GT
For MCA you get a x plan code as long as your a member for longer that 6 months. Go to fordpartner.com and use the code they give you, should be mc405. Go to pricing and price it out. It's a set price depending on your area.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Got it. Thanks! Hopefully one of the dealers around here will accept x-plan when they start taking orders.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Got it. Thanks! Hopefully one of the dealers around here will accept x-plan when they start taking orders.
I hope so too. Sometimes they can be stingy about that with a brand new model. The dealers know some suckers will be willing to pay above MSRP to be among the first. They don't have much incentive to let them go at a discount right away...
Sponsored