Sponsored

Rush to 2015 Mustang order? Update: April ordering, July production, August delivery?

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
My dealer said if the mustang is eligible for X plan they will accept it. There's so many Ford dealers around that one is bound to budge in order to make the sale.
Sponsored

J50

Threads
Reaction score
My dealer said if the mustang is eligible for X plan they will accept it. There's so many Ford dealers around that one is bound to budge in order to make the sale.

That's what I would hope to think, its not a limited production car. You would think one dealer out of the numerous ones locally, would accept an X plan deal.

We shall see.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I have never owned a mustang, but all my new car purchases were Fords so far.
Not because I'm a die hard fan, just played out that way.
I will eventually get a C7, so I spend quite a bit of time on Corvette forums, but I have no idea what to expect from the release of a new pony...
Will they be everywhere, or will they be scarce? What can we expect for first year production in terms of volume? I honestly have not the slightest clue...

edit: And regarding the eLSD - it's not the problem, it's the lack of rear end lube, that's what GM has a service bulletin out for.
edit 2: My Xbone is flawless. Love it ;)
The problem is the supplier shipped the darn sub assembly to B G w/o filling them. So technically, that's the issue. What is sadder is that there is no provision in the dealer pdi that requires the diff. being checked for proper fill. Now back to our regular scheduled program. :D

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Maybe something has changed, but last time I checked x-plan pricing didn't apply to custom order vehicles -- you have to purchase from dealer stock. That's the only potential issue I see to getting one spec'd exactly how you want it in the first batch AND getting favorable pricing. Hope I'm wrong...

J50

Threads
Reaction score
Maybe something has changed, but last time I checked x-plan pricing didn't apply to custom order vehicles -- you have to purchase from dealer stock. That's the only potential issue I see to getting one spec'd exactly how you want it in the first batch AND getting favorable pricing. Hope I'm wrong...
Not saying you're wrong, but not sure why it would matter.

Whether an order or in stock, a negotiated deal is normally done in either regard.

Sponsored

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
I've custom ordered a mustang on x plan in the past. I didn't take delivery because I found my Boss 302 though :D

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I've custom ordered a mustang on x plan in the past. I didn't take delivery because I found my Boss 302 though :D
I just looked over the rules again and it does say that "vehicles can be ordered from production..." So that's good. Possible I was just misinformed by someone previously or they changed the rules since I last checked.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
I just looked over the rules again and it does say that "vehicles can be ordered from production..." So that's good. Possible I was just misinformed by someone previously or they changed the rules since I last checked.
But the x-plan still might not apply to the 2015 Mustang?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Here is a history lesson from 2004 with the first S197's... I will admit, I very rarely Google anything anymore and write mostly from memory.

In 2004, the S197 pre-orders were around 25,000. This solid number later led to the 2005 sales reaching 166,000. Ford would push overall production to 190,000 in 2005 using 3 shifts at maximum capacity...

190,000 looks to be pretty close to the max for at least the Mustang side... I'm not sure what advancements have been made at Flat Rock since then. Can Mustang's be produced on the Fusion side? Or maybe some incite from someone who has toured the plant. (We ask plant workers to not chime in here unless the info is harmless).

I guess it depends on initial sales... If they make 200,000, they will be around for sure. The Camaro made 129,000 in the first model year (16 months) and only sold like 98,000... They were easy to find...

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
But the x-plan still might not apply to the 2015 Mustang?
True, they may not offer it on a brand new release, but even if they did, it's the dealers choice weather or not they honor it, they are not obligated too.

The GT500's were never on x-plan until 2011. I must have contacted 2 dozen dealers that had a car I was interested in, and none wanted to do the x-plan pricing. After 3 months of searching I finally found a small dealer that had a car I liked and agreed to to x-plan. What a pain, but in the end I guess it was worth the several thousand I saved.

Sponsored

kellyj3ray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Just to be clear about x plan pricing= dealer invoice-0.4% dealer invoice + $275 admin fee and up to $100 dealer paperwork fee. And my current vehicle ('13 Fusion) was custom ordered on x plan. I'm looking forward to adding the s550 to the stable

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Just to be clear about x plan pricing= dealer invoice-0.4% dealer invoice + $275 admin fee and up to $100 dealer paperwork fee. And my current vehicle ('13 Fusion) was custom ordered on x plan. I'm looking forward to adding the s550 to the stable
0.4%? That's nothing. $38,000*.004 = $152. Did you mean 4%?

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
For reference a current GT with Premium package + track pack + recaros has an MSRP of 39,885, X-plan pricing is 37,501
Sponsored