Sponsored

Rumor - The GT500 thread

healntoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 GT350 Convertible
Pure speculation lol
Yes, you are voice of reason! Some of these cats (and we all know who they are) get on here having us believe that they have inside knowledge but we all know that EVERYTHING we see posted her is PURELY SPECULATION. This all very entertaining but don't believe the ones that speak in absolutes...their speculation is no better/accurate than any others. Take it all with a grain of salt until Ford speaks!

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The last KR didnt have anymore HP did it?
I think it will just have more track added features. Same engine output etc. Could see a.reduced weight or special carbon fiber on a KR tho.
The KR had 550 HP, the regular had 500. Ford at one point "promised" or "indicated" they wouldn't make a regular GT500 with more HP than the 500KR..

Then 2011 happened.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
You need to throw out some guesses for the engine department. Mainly fuel and air delivery.

The 808hp engine will need to be a Hot V BiTurbo. Calling it "Twin" would lead many to believe that it is a Parallel Twin Turbo. The Ecoboost 5.4 in the GT500KR makes 808hp/800tq.

The 700-750hp GT500 will use a SINGLE Hot V Twin Scroll Turbo. It will/should be around 725-750hp/660tq, be in both manual and its own version of the A10. This engine will be shared with the Raptor, Bronco, Lightning ect. The A10 will also be shared.

I believe at one time there was a Supercharged Coyote considered. thePill had heard it was called the Mach 1. It made 650hp/620tq... it would have been what GM expected.

Ford using a Hot V design wouldn't be as crazy as converting a Coyote to a Flat Plane Crank. A Hot V design doesn't look compatible or, very comfortable on an OHV engine. Just as a Flat Plane Crank is hard to do with pushrods.

ummmm not so sure about that

Sponsored

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
Yea, can't tell if he's speaking from a supplier's perspective or not.

I'd like to think so :)

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yea, can't tell if he's speaking from a supplier's perspective or not.

I'd like to think so :)
People at Roush also claim to have a hand in supply. We have also seen Eaton bid on a large 2.6 liter unit for the GT500.

Unfortunately, I think Ford wanted the GT500 to be encompassed into the Ecoboost family. They will likely follow AMG/Audi and include the V8 into the Ecoboost family.

Up until this year a supercharger was still considered.

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
If a gearbox is rated at 800tq..you won't see an engine producing 800tq mated to it..they need to have a buffer zone.

If it's rated at 800tq, expect any motor with it to be in the 700-725tq range.

However, if that 800tq rating is on a 10,000lb vehicle, then yeah..party's on.
Supposedly the A10 will go in SD as well, that's 860tq

That would be more appropriate than "Fatman" or "Fatboy".
Fatman or Little Boy* fixed

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Supposedly the A10 will go in SD as well, that's 860tq

Fatman or Little Boy* fixed
The name was a combination of the two and I got it from someone here. Either way, if true, it would be in bad taste.

Could this be the first Mustang without a manual option at all?

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Not much has been said on this topic for a while now. Today i was told Roush was hired to test the new Gt500 and it will be supercharged pushing close to 800hp with a 5.2L cpc engine.

All in all i think we all know it could be something very special.

:ford:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Not much has been said on this topic for a while now. Today i was told Roush was hired to test the new Gt500 and it will be supercharged pushing close to 800hp with a 5.2L cpc engine.

All in all i think we all know it could be something very special.

:ford:
This is the same thing I heard many months ago, but it was 750 hp. Glad it's upped a little. Most likely won't take the HP crown with the Challenger ADR with what some are calling 900hp.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
800+hp with AWD for GT500.

I LOVE how Dodge is pushing it. (Did you see the most recent commercial? Had feel good written all over it)

And how they're forcing Ford to respond with something special.

It's going to take an ecoboost 5.2 to put them in their place.

And with AWD, the power is being utilized far more effectively.
Sponsored