Sponsored

Roush/TVS Upgrade/Info

670pnys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
i did the first log and he said it looks good, did the second cruising log and he has not replied yet. after he sees cruising log will adjust or leave alone. then wot log for final possible revision. so i cant tell yet because i have to take it very easy. i'm very impatient, i been waiting for his second response all day, ive given up for today, hopefully tomorrow i will complete and post results.
Sponsored

670pnys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
today on the way home a mid 2000 carrera pulled up next to me and gave me the nod. i was so tempted, but lund said NO BOOST. I almost risked it but i used severe self control.

OP
OP
JasinEdward

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
SCT Loaded A Custom File On My Sct x4 That Will Take It Back To Stock.

Me And Ken Will Be Loading It Into The Car Tonight To Take It Back To Stock And Then Load Kens Tune.

I Will Let Everyone Know If It Actually Works.
How did you make out last night?

Sponsored

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt Supercharged
How did you make out last night?

The Sct Was Able To Return The Car Back To Stock And I Was Able To Load Kens New Base Tune. I Did The Idle Log And The Rev Log Last Night And Sent Them To Him. I Am Now Waiting On A Tune Revision From Him So I Can Complete The Other Data Logs.

So For You Guys With The Roush Tune Ken Jones Can Get Sct To Load A Program On The Device That Will Take It Back To Stock. Ken Says He Has Done A Few Like This.

On Another Note Ken Has Great Customer Support. All This Was Done Last Night Around 7 Pm With Phone And Email Support. Now Lets See If We Can Get Some Power Out Of This Bad Boy.

670pnys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not to hijack, but got to really drive my car at wot with the lund tune. Holy shit what a difference. its like it was not even supercharged before. now this is what i spent thousands for!!

Last edited:

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
not to hijack, but got to really drive my car at wot with the lund tune. Holy shit what a difference. its like it was not even supercharged before. now this is what i spend thousand for!!
Lol +1 to that man. Night and day difference IMHO. :thumbsup:

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Lol +1 to that man. Night and day difference IMHO. :thumbsup:
Did you feel comfortable voiding your warranty to get an after-market tune? That's my biggest problem I know Roush hold back but what if something goes wrong?

670pnys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not crazy about losing the warranty, but I was really disappointed by the roush tune. I wanted a really fast car and that what i have now. if it blows up that will suck! but that seems to be pretty rare if ever with a phase 1 and lund tune.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Did you feel comfortable voiding your warranty to get an after-market tune? That's my biggest problem I know Roush hold back but what if something goes wrong?
He had already voided the warranty when he went to Phase II, by going to the Lund tune all he lost was the warranty on the S/C itself. I've yet to hear of anyone killing a S/C, tho I'm sure it could/has happened.

I would have LOVED to have had a Lund or Ken tune on my car, but given where I am with it @ this point in time, I'm damn glad I didn't go off the reservation.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
He had already voided the warranty when he went to Phase II, by going to the Lund tune all he lost was the warranty on the S/C itself. I've yet to hear of anyone killing a S/C, tho I'm sure it could/has happened.

I would have LOVED to have had a Lund or Ken tune on my car, but given where I am with it @ this point in time, I'm damn glad I didn't go off the reservation.
That's kind of where I am at now. Car runs strong pulls hard I do have a 6-speed I know some Autos had a problem but mine is plenty quick so far... I guess for me I feel like I'm missing out because I read all this stuff about how much better the car runs with a custom tune. So now I'm curious that's all

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Get the custom tune. When done take it to a reputable dyno and have it run. It will show you the air/fuel curve as well. If that is good then no problems. Iam not worried about warranty. Would be a fight anyway. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JasinEdward

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
The Sct Was Able To Return The Car Back To Stock And I Was Able To Load Kens New Base Tune. I Did The Idle Log And The Rev Log Last Night And Sent Them To Him. I Am Now Waiting On A Tune Revision From Him So I Can Complete The Other Data Logs.

So For You Guys With The Roush Tune Ken Jones Can Get Sct To Load A Program On The Device That Will Take It Back To Stock. Ken Says He Has Done A Few Like This.

On Another Note Ken Has Great Customer Support. All This Was Done Last Night Around 7 Pm With Phone And Email Support. Now Lets See If We Can Get Some Power Out Of This Bad Boy.
Any update on this? I spoke with Ken via Facebook and I think I'm gonna go this route. Curious on driveability after the tune as well as the power difference.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

^^ This exactly. I already wasted a grand on the optional warranty for phase 1 that I couldn't get back (not even a partial refund), so for some reason I just care a little less about any kind of warranty now.

That's kind of where I am at now. Car runs strong pulls hard I do have a 6-speed I know some Autos had a problem but mine is plenty quick so far... I guess for me I feel like I'm missing out because I read all this stuff about how much better the car runs with a custom tune. So now I'm curious that's all
:thumbsup:
Sponsored