Sponsored

Roush TVS Tuning

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Im looking at getting some custom tune and upgrades to my 17 Roush Phase. I narrowed it down to VMP’s 767+ Kit with Triple Pass Heat Exchanger or Palm Beach Dyno Level 3 TVS Kit. Any Roush owners out there have any experience with either option?
Sponsored

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would also be interested in hearing what can be done above the Roush tune. I've got an 18 Gt with the 2.650 Roush TVS. With no stage 2 options I'd like to know what longtubes and a custom tune would do.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I would also be interested in hearing what can be done above the Roush tune. I've got an 18 Gt with the 2.650 Roush TVS. With no stage 2 options I'd like to know what longtubes and a custom tune would do.
pBD just posted a video yesterday showing what they could get out a 18 Roush, think they made something like 780whp on it, don't recall, but video is on their facebook page

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
pBD just posted a video yesterday showing what they could get out a 18 Roush, think they made something like 780whp on it, don't recall, but video is on their facebook page
Thanks

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You already have everything in the 767 kit except injectors and throttle body. I have the Roush P2 kit and VMP tune, car runs great. Maybe consider doing that first and upgrading injectors/TB if it's not enough.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hossman

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What did you need for the VMP Custom Tune? Obviously hand held tuner and tune, but did you need a IAT2 harness or have to have the car flashed to stock? Did you notice much of a difference between the Roush tune and the VMP tune?

You already have everything in the 767 kit except injectors and throttle body. I have the Roush P2 kit and VMP tune, car runs great. Maybe consider doing that first and upgrading injectors/TB if it's not enough.

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes you need IAT2 harness from VMP. I used the SCT tuning device from VMP. They provided the stock tune to over wright the Roush tune. You then flash the new VMP tune. PM me if you have questions

Yes significant change from Roush. Running the 93 octane tune.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I never had the Roush tune, but time after time I hear guys say what a difference it was after they switched to another tune. I'm tuned with Lund and he had me get the IAT 2 as well, and he recommended a 170 degree thermostat. I was going to get the VMP triple pass dual fan HE as well, but was told from guys here on the forum and Lund I wouldn't need it since living up here in the NE. So far they were right. Mine is a street car, I hammer on it every now and then and love the twistys. I don't have anything close to overheating issues with the Roush HE.

Last edited:

NIL8GM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yes you need IAT2 harness from VMP. I used the SCT tuning device from VMP. They provided the stock tune to over wright the Roush tune. You then flash the new VMP tune. PM me if you have questions

Yes significant change from Roush. Running the 93 octane tune.
VMP now uses HP tuners with the nGauge so no longer the need for the harness. The stock Roush tune can also be reflashed back to stock if needed.

I got the VMP 730hp upgrade tune + JLT CAI during their back to school sale. The difference between the Roush 670 tune and the 730 is night and day. I now have severe traction problems in 3rd gear with MPSS 315's and a bunch of BMR suspension goodies.....highly recommend VMP

OP
OP
hossman

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Did you find it easy to use the Ngauge? Did you have to do any data logging? Was there Base tune spot on?

Sponsored

NIL8GM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Did you find it easy to use the Ngauge? Did you have to do any data logging? Was there Base tune spot on?
Ngauge is very easy to use. I like the fact that I can actually use it as a gauge. I have it mounted in one of the vents. Their intial tune was spot on. I watch some parameters for my own curiosity but data logging was not a requirement from them like some others.
ngauge.jpg

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I guess it's always your choice, but I would never consider putting a custom tune in my car without datalogging. I use Livelink, good tool. For tuning devices I believe you can choose between the ngauge or SCT4.

Their initial tune had some issues, second was very close minus a couple of shifting tweaks I wanted, third was very good. I'm happy with the end product as well.

OP
OP
hossman

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Looking forward to seeing the difference over the Roush tune.
Sponsored