Sponsored

Road Trip out West

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Book some time in the Tetons / Jackson Hole just south of Yellowstone. Yellowstone is cool and worth a couple days, but Tetons were gorgeous. Lots of biking trails in the Tetons.
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I actually bought a spare tire just for this trip! Cant be too prepared!

Gross!

I am also brining a little cleaning kit to clean my car once or twice while I'm out there :crackup:

Bring some touch up paint too. You will need it out here. 😒 Stone chips happen.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Book some time in the Tetons / Jackson Hole just south of Yellowstone. Yellowstone is cool and worth a couple days, but Tetons were gorgeous. Lots of biking trails in the Tetons.
Honestly, Yellowstone kinda sucks. Way too many people, traffic jams, trash, people messing with Wildlife etc. Tetons/Jackson Hole is way better

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
For those that have the time & inclination, I really enjoyed this video.

It's inspiring.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, Yellowstone kinda sucks. Way too many people, traffic jams, trash, people messing with Wildlife etc. Tetons/Jackson Hole is way better
I went in the shoulder season last year, mid-october. Only like 1 campground still open. It was awesome, no problem crowds and minimal traffic. Same thing for Crater Lake and Yosemite. Moab OTOH was just packed like it probably always is. (I was in a truck, with the dogs... didn't want to camp or put that many miles on my 2016 lowered GT)

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I went in the shoulder season last year, mid-october. Only like 1 campground still open. It was awesome, no problem crowds and minimal traffic. Same thing for Crater Lake and Yosemite. Moab OTOH was just packed like it probably always is. (I was in a truck, with the dogs... didn't want to camp or put that many miles on my 2016 lowered GT)
Crater Lake is Epic

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
Safe travels, and do some maintenance prior, check everything over.

done similar ages ago in a brand new Golf Tsi, NM to Denver to Chattanooga to Pigeon Forge and back home to Jersey. Bring something you wanna listen to, a radar detector and some snacks. Also hold off on drinks until an hr or so into the trip, unless ya stop for breakfast.

post pics btw!

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
I took a road trip from Las Vegas to central NYS. I went I-11, 1-40 and then the turnpikes in Oklahoma and Missouri and NE from there. It sounds like you may be going on I-40. If so, you will find that a plowed field is smoother than some of it, lol. I found if you hit the right speed, you can skim over the top of the potholes without shaking yourself and the car apart 😏 😁.
As for stone chips, yep. But 90% of mine came from one incident- trapped in the passing lane behind a semi that put it's outside trailer wheels on to the shoulder. Other than that, your stone chips should be minimal.
Friends took a trip in their EB HPP, they said it was great, no problem in mountains. The turbo kept spooled up, so air intake pressure was whatever boost the engine required. Your car should work better in the mountains than any N/A engine.
Las Vegas, and most of Southwest will be 91 octane, but my friend's HPP and the rest of us run fine on it.
When you get to Las Vegas, try to make it to Shelby American. The museum has some one-of-a-kind cars, you can overlook the factory floor and of course spend money :like: There is a Saturday morning (early) Cars and Coffee at Shelby, and unless we are on a club cruise, the Mustang club is almost always there. We have everything from V6s, EBs, GTs, GT 350s and 500s, Mach 1s, Super Snakes- pretty much every S550. People from all over join us, and you'd certainly be welcome.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Stay off the interstates and enjoy some great cruising and natural beauty in the western US!

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
I did Pikes peak in a 2016 Jetta GLI. Little 2.0 turbo motor and it ran fine. All I can get is 91 out here and thats all I needed. In case you were wondering, 8,000 is nothing like Pikes Peak 14,115 ft. Just getting out of the car makes you want oxygen. On the way down there is a check point where they check your brake temperature. Watch this for an extreme ride

OP
OP
sirben711

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I did Pikes peak in a 2016 Jetta GLI. Little 2.0 turbo motor and it ran fine. All I can get is 91 out here and thats all I needed. In case you were wondering, 8,000 is nothing like Pikes Peak 14,115 ft. Just getting out of the car makes you want oxygen. On the way down there is a check point where they check your brake temperature. Watch this for an extreme ride

I miss Ken :(
Sponsored