Road rage incident

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
I'm a lifelong NRA member, but believe in Universal background checks, even for private sales which do not require a background check. Makes it too easy for the criminal element. I've bought and sold many guns, and will continue to do so, but legally and only to those I know (gun clubs, friends, family). When VA went to FFL clearance it made the sales a hassle, but is worth it.

Living on and trusting in best intentions is a sure way to be a victim..... Criminals never have or will care about the law. I don't want to live in a society where the only ones armed are the criminals or the state.

But going back to the OT, road rage is a 2 way street, and it is always best to swallow your pride, get over yourself and de-escalate. Brandishing a weapon is absolutely the dumbest thing you can do.

Between my Porsche, Bullitt, and motorcycles, I deal with idiot aggressive nonsense all the time. Being marooned in SC for the last year, the 'bros' in their trucks are also irritating when in my Truck. It is what it is. fact is, you never know what another person is going through. Act and respond with dignity and respect, and most situations resolve themselves.
True, as my Wife says "Don't own someone else's mental illness".
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
40+ years riding, and over 300K miles. Always helmeted and proper gear. Cross the country several times, rarely on the Super Slab, and currently planning a ride up the East Coast to NoviScotia, then across Canada, up to the Arctic Circle and down the West Coast to the tip of Brazil. Looking at taking 4-5 months right after I retire.

I don't ride in large groups generally, maybe 5-6 max, when in larger groups, whenever we are on 2 lane roads, we leave gaps between each group of 10. Why? Courtesy for people who need to exit turn, etc. Rarely had an issue. Too many times when on a bike or in a cage, I come across large groups of jackalopes on 2 wheels who feel entitled to put themselves and everyone else at risk.

I also hate it when these numbchucks ride their fat slow Hardley Abelson noise makers SLOW in the twisties, and show no courtesy for fellow riders who's skills and motorcycles allow more than their snails pace through the turns. Not all, many are cool, and will signal to let you pass, and forward bikes create a gap to let you in, but too many times these groups ride as if they own the road and show little care for anyone else. Same for the young guns on their crotch rockets who clog the highways, bock traffic and do all kinds of stupid stuff.

There is though a larger brotherhood of riders who show courtesy, ride with common sense and comradery.

It is all about courtesy.
Exactly. This is what I meant in my previous post also - the group of bikers shouldn't really be longer than a couple car lengths or say a semi's length, for all of these reasons, you just put it to words better than I did. English as second language and all. :)

look, im a motorcycle rider, I dont like people riding my butt while in a car or bike, but like, what? I would never throw something to cause them harm. honestly thats ridiculous and imo theres really not much worry to someone riding my ass, I just make sure I tap the break a little sooner than I would to slow down, or gently touch it to get them to be alerted.

it doesnt honestly bother me because I dont ride anyone myself, so I dont really ever need to panic stop, most people, will just go around eventually. as a motorcycle, we have more avenues of safety we can use to get out of harms way, we can filter between cars, or get onto a shoulder. if I see a pile up, you can go between or around people quickly, veer off.

its not like a car, where you smash break because you have no runway for exit imo. just got to be cautious of possible debris on the shoulder that you normally wouldn't concern yourself over with a car.

I have more issues of motorcycles coming into my lanes more than anything, ive had riders literally get butt to nutt on me, or dont yield to me or try to hang w me for no reason. I dont want a random rider that im not used too, trying to share my lane side by side, I always slow down to let them go away but sometimes they just try to stick w me to look cool ro something. idk.

its tedious though. I really dont like riding with people I dont know, because not everyone knows how to ride with other riders. even when I did used to do group rides, the new people always stood at back because they did dumb decisions/not very good at maneuvering around others.
Both of these exactly were my points in my previous posts and I think the point got missed by a lot of people.

Throwing shit is never okay, whether it's to cause harm or just throw it out the window. Hell, I've gotten pretty pissed seeing people throw their cigarette butts out the window.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
When I was driving today someone got in front of me and then break checked the big rig on the next lane. I find this very entertaining because once that big truck hits you youā€™re toast :) and then of course Iā€™m toast :giggle: Not so funny hehe

FE8A2220-8288-488C-9ADF-F1E464595E69.gif
The obliviousness is amazing. Always the Altima drivers too. We had a lady today get smoked by one of our trains, absolutely no awareness these days. Luckily she had the sense to get out before the train massaged her Audi into scrap. I personally would have used reverse, but whatever works...

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
The obliviousness is amazing. Always the Altima drivers too. We had a lady today get smoked by one of our trains, absolutely no awareness these days. Luckily she had the sense to get out before the train massaged her Audi into scrap. I personally would have used reverse, but whatever works...
Hubby told her no to a new Audi, Well, she hit the easy button..lol

charlied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Limited
Minneapolis is a very frustrating place to drive too. Every day I get cutoff, people on their phones, tailgating, etc etc etc. If I can arrive to work in a good mood its a win. My favorite is the people that merge onto the freeway and immediately cross 4 lanes of traffic without paying attention or using a turn signal. I witness all these things daily. DAILY!!!

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
DC is the same, particularly on the ND side. I used to commute from VA to FT Meade, and saw an idiot accident every day each way, and unenumerable amounts of chicanery. In SC right now and is not much better.

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
01 Bullitt DHG, 2020 Camry WCP TRD
It was probably a pair of Decepticons looking for the all sparkšŸ˜Ž

that happens all the time here in Vegas. People are oblivious and will tailgate you and donā€™t follow ā€œI should see the bottom of your rear tires ruleā€.
Donā€™t let that crap get you worked up. Granted it would make me madder than a hatter too, but not worth the stress to you.

have you thought about ordering a Buffalo MPCV for a daily driver? šŸ˜€

JnBama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a 30 year truck driver road rage is a serious problem . Do everything you can to avoid an incident. Woman was killed being run off the road I65 near Birmingham also several shootings .

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
It is probably easier to ennumerate the few places people still drive politely (if not always wisely). I was recently in West Virginia, and in my opinion they still hold first place. You might spend a minute at a four-way stop as everyone insists on everyone else going first. Remember the Chip 'n' Dale cartoons, anyone?

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
It was probably a pair of Decepticons looking for the all sparkšŸ˜Ž

that happens all the time here in Vegas. People are oblivious and will tailgate you and donā€™t follow ā€œI should see the bottom of your rear tires ruleā€.
Donā€™t let that crap get you worked up. Granted it would make me madder than a hatter too, but not worth the stress to you.

have you thought about ordering a Buffalo MPCV for a daily driver? šŸ˜€

Great rule not, when speed, reaction time, vehicle mass, or the time it takes to drop the cell phone are in the mix.

It's a static rule not a driving rule of thumb, hate to tell ya. A security rule of thumb is to keep a driver from getting boxed in.

Seeing the tires on the road surface guarantees a driver he can cut the wheels hard and drive off.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I feel like the worst drives I see are old Altimas, G35's and Beat on BMW 3 series drivers.
Nope, Priuii. The ones you mentioned might be A-holes (particularly BMW guy), but they usually have at least some idea of what they're doing. I just assume that if you're driving a Prius, then not only are you not paying attention, but you don't understand that good driving exists.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Iā€™ll see your Prius and raise you a late model Hyundai or Kia. Awful in Charlotte.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Nope, Priuii. The ones you mentioned might be A-holes (particularly BMW guy), but they usually have at least some idea of what they're doing. I just assume that if you're driving a Prius, then not only are you not paying attention, but you don't understand that good driving exists.
I literally see G35's use the shoulder on the highway as a passing lane nearly daily.
Sponsored