ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
So, tailgating a motorcycle with an automobile isn't moronic and extremely dangerous?

I hope you are not one of the car drivers that treats all motorcycle riders like they are in some biker gang and we all should be looked down upon and thought of as a bunch of hooligans splitting lanes.

Actually, you seem more like the oblivious car diver who will just claim, "I didn't see him" after running a motorcyclist over.

I've taken many advanced motorcycle safety training and riding courses where I've been taught by experts from race bike riders to active duty state police motor officers. Some were multi-day courses. I can turn figure-8's all day long inside the lines of a parking spot on a 900lb Valkyrie to dragging a knee at 100mph in a turn on a Hyabusa. I've never been ticketed while riding and I've never crashed in close to a million miles on a motorcycle.

So, basically your assumptions are 180 degrees out of phase.
The advent of dash cams is blowing your narrative of motorbike riders are angels and cage drivers are the issue.
Like any group some are good people while on their bike and some are twits, anyone posting that they toss a spark plug and risk not only your target but everyone on the road behind him falls under the group of twit.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Not to get on a rant, I don't tailgate and actively try not to, but to throw an object towards a vehicle behind you is not only moronic, but extremely dangerous.

I hope that you're not one of the bikers that ride in a row of 50 without a gap for safe passing, either...
And what exactly is wrong with that? Having a gap, for some clown-like. OH, I do not know who? That would, could not, and unable to make that maneuver in the first place.

Presents a disaster just waiting for some simple-minded idiot, to jump the gun, and take out some good folks.

So to that clown, I say that is a safer way for a crowd of bikes. To move down the road. They pay and own as much of that asphalt as you do........ wait your turn like everyone else.

Sometimes ass holes get what they rightfully deserve. Drivers crowd bikers all the time. See these jerkoffs tailgate 2 up riders, rain or shine.

They're mad for a few reasons, the guy has the balls to ride, IS not putting up with traffic jams, and is most likely just a plain happier person.

I was the 30 years I road, Helmet protest, 100s of bikes and all.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Only an @$$hole would do that. tossing a plug or anything.
First it is unsafe and not only to whomever you are having a hissy fit with, but everyone on the road behind him.
FWIW when the MSF recruited me to be an instructor, I reviewed their lesson plans and while I don't recall them advising students to throw spark plugs at other motorists, I can't rule out other schools teaching @CJJon that.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I definitely have my issues on the road, but the thing I always try to remember is that everyone has a different idea of what is the CORRECT way to drive. Some people think it's ok to hang out in the left lane driving under the speed limit. My wife is one of them. And NO ONE in the world is going to convince her to change her way of doing things.

So, knowing that, I always do my best to leave anger out of the situation. People aren't generally deliberately doing dangerous or disrespectful or idiotic things. Those people just have a different idea of what is dangerous, etc.

There are two kinds of people on the road. The idiots who drive slower than me, and the dangerous fools who drive faster. I'm the only one who has it right.

I think those statements above are how many people think when they are driving. And that's why those people are angry all the time. If you go in believing that everyone on the road should think like you, you are going to be disappointed.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I definitely have my issues on the road, but the thing I always try to remember is that everyone has a different idea of what is the CORRECT way to drive. Some people think it's ok to hang out in the left lane driving under the speed limit. My wife is one of them. And NO ONE in the world is going to convince her to change her way of doing things.

So, knowing that, I always do my best to leave anger out of the situation. People aren't generally deliberately doing dangerous or disrespectful or idiotic things. Those people just have a different idea of what is dangerous, etc.

There are two kinds of people on the road. The idiots who drive slower than me, and the dangerous fools who drive faster. I'm the only one who has it right.

I think those statements above are how many people think when they are driving. And that's why those people are angry all the time. If you go in believing that everyone on the road should think like you, you are going to be disappointed.
Sounds like grounds for divorce my guy

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
So, basically your assumptions are 180 degrees out of phase.
If you toss a sparkplug or any thing at my car that could potentially cause me to crash, you won't like my response.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you toss a sparkplug or any thing at my car that could potentially cause me to crash, you won't like my response.
Strong argument for them making sure you crash.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
That's a Detroit problem. Everyone in NJ is super nice. šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
...Some have missed the 'back in the day' part of my post. You know, before there was an internet and all the associated keyboard tough guys it has spawned.

Funny there are also those that don't understand that tailgating a motorcycle at highway speeds is life threatening to the motorcycle rider...not so much to the douche nozzle driving in a protected cage.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
.Some have missed the 'back in the day' part of my post. You know, before there was an internet and all the associated keyboard tough guys it has spawned.
Some of us just don't give a shit. You throw something lethal at me and something lethal will be thrown back
bike.jpg

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Not to get on a rant, I don't tailgate and actively try not to, but to throw an object towards a vehicle behind you is not only moronic, but extremely dangerous.

I hope that you're not one of the bikers that ride in a row of 50 without a gap for safe passing, either...
May as well direct this thread towards "In which U.S city or state do the worst drivers exist?" I have traveled coast-to-coast on business almost all of the last 40 years, so have some definite opinions: Best, most polite and safest drivers: Seattle area: Worst, most dangerous, most hateful drivers: Boston.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
If you donā€™t ride I donā€™t think you can understand how oblivious , disrespectful, and dangerous cage drivers can be. I have been literally run off the road multiple times. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt in that they are idiots rather than malicious, but you read about road rage incidents against motorcyclists all the time on forums. Escalating is never the answer but when that adrenaline hits after someone nearly kills you it isnā€™t hard to feel the need to do something to make they pay attention. Negative attention is better than dead.
Sponsored